Guest aramike01

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Devin Long

Sorry to keep hearing about new recruitments that just dont work out... I know I might seem like the rest, but my abilities are in two major areas, combat Pilot, and Recon... I have no dreams of becoming commander of my own fleet or anything because thats not my department, I want to make sure that my fleet is protected, i.e. my commander and his cabnet, and all other fleet members... just keep this into consideration as I am currently searching to join.

Devin

• 2 months later...

Hey guys ,I've been around for a while and was part of a fleet for a moment or two. I'm back to spend some more time around the forum ect and I'm looking to join a fleet again. As far as my skills go I'm very dangerous in FPS mode and I'm not bad with a gun ship. I may need a bit of training to command my own carrier ect because I tend to go a little over board in combat. (Just FATAL the enemy with every missle I have and hope to heck I win !) I would prefer a Galcom fleet that is active and is going to take part in the multiplayer season that is about to start! Lemme know if you're interested.

Ah, but which Insurgent fleet to join? That is the question my friend. I'm kind of disappointed to see that the fleet action will be using Tribes for the ground combat but I understand since the UC:AWA ground combat is a lot slower paced and would take some time to resolve. So since my strength would be useless in multiplayer combat which fleet would be most willing to take a commadner that isn't very skilled in ship to ship combat (Yet!)

quote:

Ah, but which Insurgent fleet to join?

Due to the current numbers in the Insurgent Fleet, it has been "realigned" to ONE fleet, comprised of four wings several months ago.

-Sho

Guest Devin Long

As all arguments go on, I still keep myself on Ben's words.... He is a very smart man, and I wouldn't put my life on the line for anybody else other than my fleet!

Well I supose I'll join you guys then. I like being on the under dogs team and I certainly don't care much for Galcom or EarthCom for that matter. What shall I do? How can I prove myself to be a loyal recruit?

Is the balance of power between Galcom and Insurgent out of wack at the moment? Are there more Galcom than Insurgent? Just wonder because as much as I'd enjoy being Galcom I don't really want to uneven the sides even worse than they are now Btw Ben you have a beautiful family!

Thanks I really need to update those pics.

Yeah, there are more active MP players in Galcom than in the Insurgents at the moment, so from a purely numbers-balancing point of view, one or two currently non-fleet people should either join the Insurgents or 'guest' for an Insurgent team in the upcoming season, so they have enough active players to support a healthy attendance at each match. If there are enough interested non-fleet players left over to form a pirate band (at least 4), then that would add a nice bit of spice to things.

Galcom has more than enough for a team and is currently just shy of enough active players to support 2 teams- ISS has enough on it's own and Wraith is 1 short, though it probably has enough to start, assuming it can gather at least one more member or guest over the course of the season (which is quite likely).

2 galcom, 1 Insurgent and 1 raider team would be a nice balance, though at the moment getting healthy enough numbers in the Insurgent team should be our main priority.

Basically, if you're absolutely committed to Galcom, then join Wraith, if you want to help balance out the numbers, join the Insurgents.

quote:

What steps must I take to join the Insurgent fleet?

You've already done them, i.e., registering in the Fleet Database and over on the ICC forum. So as not to take this topic off topic, I'll PM you the other items you need to address.

-Sho

8pm GMT on Sundays was the time slot that was compatible with the largest number of people (that should change to 7pm GMT for everyone when Daylight saving time comes into effect, which is right around the corner (Sunday 11th March in the US, Sunday 25th in Europe, we'll change to 7pm on the 25th), so that's what we'll be going with. Once everyone has reported in the team management thread *hint, hint*, we can assign people to teams, choose start locations on the game map and perform the random draw to decide the order of play. The team that goes first can then issue it's first mission order and agree on a date for the first match with it's opponent.

Sadly I won't be able to take part in these matchs until April 1rst (At that time my schedule will shift so that I'm off Sundays) Maybe then I'll be able to join in

• 2 years later...

Vanguard Fleet, is Earth's own military forces, separate from Galactic Command. True to our name, we're advancing, in budget and influence, past Galactic Command to the tip of the spear - as evidenced by our recent in-character forum activity - and rapidly eclipsing the 'default alliance' as the dominant Terran power.

Join Vanguard Fleet today!

• 2 months later...