New Fleet Locations

With all the assets the Insurgency now has along with a powerful fleet and cloaked base. Can anyone look at the current situation and not call it at the very least an UNDECLARED CIVIL WAR? And all the insurgents need now is for Mars to declare independence and there you have it, humanity's first civil war of the 31st century. But like SC said this isn't the place for such dicussions and I will bring it up in the RP thread. Just thought I'll mention it here. =]

------------------

EarthCOM-Officer Karl Wolf

ECV Hammer of God

Epsilon Battle Group (Wolf Pack)

15th EarthCom Planetary Force

"When it comes down to it, Earth is first and everyone else can go to Hell."

This is going kind of off topic, but it cries for some answer/question: how can Mars declare independence with Starpath in orbit, hosting two of the five Wings of Prime? Think of it, roughly 160 fully equipped ships (I assume 400 ships within Prime Fleet) use Starpath as home base, and thus have easy access to the planet itself... smile.gif

Now back to topic: Derek, if you really implemented Destiny as a cloaked station (like Gammula), we all await (in the RP forum, at least) the day when its cloaking device faults, of that of an arriving Insurgency squadron. I bet there are GALCOM/Earthcom probes all over the place within the Sol System! wink.gif

Regards.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Joe Gudihl

GCV-Dark Star

Prime Fleet

"Remember, we are trained professionals... Don't try this at home!"

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

quote:

As far as where the Insurgents got all the money for funding.. well Galcom could have had a few commanders working secretly for the insurgents, funneling supplies and money to the enemy, before finally getting caught. Just where do you think all those $800 hammers went anyway

Funny you should mention that (well, not funny, considering that you're a long standing community member), but that is exactly what I have in my notes.

Lets move this over to the RP forum. It could get quite interesting.

quote:

I guess Destiny is moving again then? Definitely not. I put it there for a specific reason.

We need to wait for Derek's game plan to become unveiled before debating the subject.

Whether or not it is cloaked, we all know about it - so in MP, won't it be pretty much be a Galcom station. The Insurgents will need to continually reinforce the station because of it's locale which may be a resource problem (it's a long way from Insurgent controlled space). But who knows what the Supreme Commander has brewing smile.gif

** Just missed Derek's post, maybe some news is forthcoming smile.gif

[This message has been edited by SpcFX (edited 03-22-2000).]

BTW Thomas I was just using Mars as an example to make a point about just how serious the insurgent threat is. If any Earth colony was to declare independence we would have a major civil war on our hands and I wouldn't be so sure that Galcom/Earthcom would win. But this is neither the time nor the thread to discuss such matters. biggrin.gif