Credian Military

Fellow fleet members, looking at the fleet data base, I saw how unbalanced the race's are! There are way to many Terran's!! (most been terran/millatry). In my opinion, there shouldn't be so much focus on galcom(correct meif I'm wrong). In protest, I want to start up the Credian millatry, in control of the Trenis system!! I have no clue on how to do this, so could some one help me out!!

You're lucky I did'nt delete this thread. You can't even get the spelling in a subject correct and you want to do what? Create a fleet? Right. Fat chance.

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

There are way to many Terran's!! (most been terran/millatry).

No, there are way to few other-race AEs. During the BC3K days Galcom and Insurgent AEs were the only ones allowed. As BCM started rolling, that rule/policy got expanded to allow all the races and caste combinations. But that doesn't mean Galcom and the Insurgents fleets should start a weight-loss program just because it isn't fair to the other races.

If you want to be a Credian, go right ahead. Stick it into your sig. But if you want to set up the Credian Military you've atleast got to get things straight with the SC. It's not as simple as starting an indie company, or have your ideas about starting a community of raiders. It has to fit into the official stories (not neccessarily the RP forum ) and the SC needs to be convinced you can pull this through to the end. I say, put your ideas on paper and present it to the SC.

And besides, isn't it way to early to start feeling left alone. Nobody has BCM running yet. (not counting the demos) There will be others in due time.

P.S. Watch what you write. "Millatry" is not english. You just hear it like that. "Military" is.

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

You need to 1st, send an e-mail to [email protected] and ask if you can do it, once the SC has OK'd it, then must come up with the structure that you want in the fleet, then you need to OK that with the SC, then you need to create some sort of webpage for the fleet.

Thanks guys, I really want to do it!! I have tonnes of idea's in my head, I will start writing' down some stuff in a few week's(after I get my grubby little hands on BC:M). I will of course request every thing through SC first!!

BTW, how many members do you all think we will have on the fleet DB, when GCO is up and running??

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: Rosko ]

quote:

You're lucky I didnÔÇÖt delete this thread. You can't even get the spelling in a subject correct and you want to do what? Create a fleet? Right. Fat chance.

I spell one word wrong, a get my head chopped off,.......jeez, I think there is a bit more to me than a primitive spelling error....& I do appreciate a little bit of respect!! If anyone is interested in joining with me, to present a possible credian MILITARY, send me an e-mail

Someone spent nearly ten years devising the universe for this game. The Credians and the other races are their creation, their sweat and blood.

I'm a writer. You bounce on in and ask to officially play a race out of one of my creations, and can't spell correctly, I'd be pretty annoyed as well. You're exactly right, it IS about respect - respecting the copyright that is placed on the Credians and the other creations in the Battlecruiser universe, and respecting the fact that, if you really want to have official approval to run a race or military alliance like that, you need to do it right. What you are working with here is literature. This game and the races within it tell a story. A story relies on words. And if you don;t have a proper grasp of the language this story is written in (which is English) then I wonder if you are the right person for this job at all.

-GD

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: DeSylva ]

Let's not turn this into a flame war!! I'm a GM, and as good a speller as you...hehe. The spelling mistake, wasn't, a word missing from my vocab, but just a stupid typo!!

I respect all the plot developers of BC(RPG, etc..), but I'm stating, I have some skill on developing fantasy!! As for the Credian Military.......I didn't want to be the bright faced newbi, gaining the role of grand leader, and changing the directives of the Credians totally; but rather...a mutual relationship between the members and myself...I would be more of a moderator, than a grand leader!! The guidelines set out, would have had the Credians mimicking the role set for theme in the storyline, and RPG threads!!

If no one's, gonna do this, why can't I?? Now I understand, that respect in this forum, is not from who I'am as a person, but how big the number is next to my post count!! With my theory in mind, I give up, I'll just let this blow away. A missed opportunity for an extra spin and extra option too the new recruits, for the RPG threads and MP game universe. Sure, in the future there will be a Credian Military, but for now the community is to scared to experiment, with fresh blood...!!

BTW, "The Pluto Insurgency" is a great story, I'm guessing you're a good gamemaster, DeSylva!!

quote:

Rosko posted on 11-19-2001

Now I understand, that respect in this forum, is not from who I'am as a person, but how big the number is next to my post count!! With my theory in mind, I give up, I'll just let this blow away. A missed opportunity for an extra spin and extra option too the new recruits, for the RPG threads and MP game universe. Sure, in the future there will be a Credian Military, but for now the community is to scared to experiment, with fresh blood...!!

Rosko, you're taking this all wrong, what DeSylva is saying that is mainly this, watch what you are typing, it doesn't hurt to take an extra minute to make sure that your spelling is right.

If you want to start a Credian fleet, good luck to you, but you have to set an example to your fellow Credians, and what the other guys are just trying to do is to make sure that you are up to the responsibility of being a role model.

This defeatist attitude will get you nowhere at all and I beg to differ, I know that respect on this board is garnered through your accomplishments and your attitude not the number of posts you have.

Hang tight, and try to learn not to take it too personal. I know I started Intercorp and if you want to how I reacted to comments from the others than go read up the Organisation thread. Stay cool.

See you around

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Jeffery Eu ]

Cmdr Jeffery Eu, thanks man, I was loosin' it a bit, that was the most thoughtful response I've gotten!! When I said "give up," I meant, to lay low, and learn a few things be4 rising again!! Thanks

No worries mate!! Just make sure that you don't take posts over here too personal and you'll be fine.

If you catch some flack over something you have said and done, then try and figure out what went wrong instead of going on the offensive, ok?

Take care, be seeing you around.

OK, I see the others have set the record straight.

Like I said, once I see more evidence of familiarity and members, I will approve it.

Right now, I'm not giving ANYONE (most especially a noob) permission to create a fleet unless they've been around A WHILE.

The database is being redesigned to support more fleets of different race, caste affliations. That stuff, like everything else about the BC universe, costs ME money. So, if you're going to yell about being flamed because you're been told HOW things are done around here, what makes you think you're fit to lead? And why would I leave something I paid for in the hands of someone who is incompetent (not saying you are, of course - am just making a point) and can't do things right?

That is all

• 2 weeks later...