Fleets General Info Pinboard

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As promised, I have released the 2.00.11 patch which has new stations added, regions revised etc.

This should make mp fleet games a bit more standardized.

The names of the stations in the game do not contain the fleet names, due to space issues in the VDD. But you can read the VCF to find the fleet station designations, then write them on a printed copy of the revised mp world map.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr

Inactive fleets will be dissolved if they don't get their act in gear (remove old/absent members, show signs of activity etc) by August 1st.

Does this include someone with moderator status removing someone's sig?

Some people have been removed from the database but they are still using a fleet sig when they are not actually part of a fleet.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

As promised, I have released the 2.00.11 patch which has new stations added, regions revised etc.

This should make mp fleet games a bit more standardized.

The names of the stations in the game do not contain the fleet names, due to space issues in the VDD. But you can read the VCF to find the fleet station designations, then write them on a printed copy of the revised mp world map.

I think the Star-station distribution is perfect. It should make for some fairly wild MP matches. I'm going to start working out some scenerios for MP matches. Marvin and I have already discussed a few that sound pretty cool anyway.

Is there anyway Prime can be assigned a Star-base on Procon or maybe Junae boss?

quote:

Some people have been removed from the database but they are still using a fleet sig when they are not actually part of a fleet.

I've been sending PM's when I see that chavik. Telling them to either join again and be active or remove it. If they don't join or remove it I do it for them after few days anyway.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

Yes.

But I don't think mods have access to the profile (or do they?). In which case, only an admin (someone with Tacops Cmdr rank) can do it.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

Is there anyway Prime can be assigned a Star-base on Procon or maybe Junae boss?

Prime has access to any/all planetary bases, why do I have to waste time creating special ones? There are no less than seven starbases and several military/naval bases on Procon alone. Even without running the game, you can go to the PTE3PTEDEFS.INI file and see them listed between lines 27166-27237

If a Prime leader decides that they want to be based at the starbase located in the PROCON01 mzone, then thats it.

[ 06-17-2004, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Prime has access to any/all planetary bases, why do I have to waste time creating special ones? There are no less than seven starbases and several military/naval bases on Procon alone. Even without running the game, you can go to the PTE3PTEDEFS.INI file and see them listed between lines 27166-27237

If a Prime leader decides that they want to be based at the starbase located in the PROCON01 mzone, then thats it.

Thanks SC! I didn't want a new Sbase just permission to use one that is already there.

PROCON01 works for me.

quote:

Remo posted:

I've been sending PM's when I see that chavik. Telling them to either join again and be active or remove it. If they don't join or remove it I do it for them after few days anyway

I agree, Remo..but that works only when they READ their PMs. And evidently the individual I've been PMing several times in the past is still not doing that. So, unless someone can edit the profile for me, my hands are tied.

Another option is for me to post about it in the forum that he frequents, but that would be off the appropriate topic.

quote:

Originally posted by ShoHashi:

And evidently the individual I've been PMing several times in the past is still not doing that.

And which fool is that? He posts, yet does not read/reply to PMs?

Effective Immediately.

[*]Fleet Cmdr. DREADA of Wraith Fleet has been promoted to the rank "Strategic Commander"

[*]Fleet Cmdr. Remo Williams of Prime Fleet has been promoted to the rank "Strategic Commander"

Both promotions have just been issued by the SC! The changes within the Fleet DB are already made. Now, all fleet leaders within the Terran/Military alliance have the rank "Strat. Cmdr.", and have security level "Alliance Leader".

Congratulations, Gentlemen!

In order to curb the influx of emails and PMs (thanks to all for voicing your opinions) I am getting about recent developments, I want to make some things perfectly clear.

As far as I'm concerned, Remo, Marvin and Gordon were collectively responsible for bringing Prime fleet to what it is today. I don't recognize ANYONE else in this regard. Their efforts in running their own board, bringing n00bs up to speed, organizing training sessions etc should serve as an example to other fleet personnel - who are only now coming out of the woodwork.

As such, Remo is 100% in charge of Prime, along with Marvin and Gordon as his immediate officers.

As far as I am concerned, Gudihl's involvement is solely from an admin standpoint since he knows a bit more about how the fleed dB backend, the BC mythos etc all work. This means that he can be involved in any aspect of the fleets (not just Prime) in order to ensure that they are in compliance with the game mythos etc.

The Prime fleet organization, rank etc, should remain as they were, given what I know now, after having looked at Remo's proposals and Gudihl's counters.

That said, if you people keep bickering and cause me to keep reading emails and PMs I shouldn't, I'm going to scrap the whole thing and delete the fleet dB. Let this be the ONE and ONLY warning I give about this.

To this end, I have now given Remo security level 4 (admin) access in the fleet dB.

That is all.

Guest Remo Williams

Thanks for the acknowledgement boss! I did read your post the day you made it BTW! I've just been a little bent the last few days considering whats been going on, and not posting much.

I have updated the fleet db so that the mission zone fields (in the user profile) are reflective of the possible start locations (when joining a server).

I also added the mission zone, region and alliance info to each field so that it is clearer.

All alliance/fleet leaders need to check the profile of each of their members and ensure that they have the correct start locations based on their fleet designated assignments.

• 1 month later...

Read this. Effective 08-15, no new fleet member applications will be accepted until further notice. So, if you are not in a fleet by then, you won't have access to mp servers.

FLs, please do NOT approve ANY new fleet members after this date. On this date, the server passwords will be changed and only made available to FLs for distribution to their members via the bulletins section in the fleet dB.

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

Will there be four servers still up or two or one or what?

They are my four servers now (I have purchased them, in addition to several more for our MMO server cluster). DC was just paying part of the hosting fees for the four month period as a marketing expense (the same way they did for Painkiller - which flat out sucks on net play anyway and they're dropping those servers I am told, since net play is not popular for the game).

I have checked the bandwidth usage and I will probably leave the three servers as is as long as the bandwidth does not exceed my current budget expenditure; since DC is no longer paying for the bandwidth ($1,000 per month) costs.

At any rate, once ucHTL goes live, all those servers will be switched to that game, while the others will be running GCO. Both of these games will only be accessible via the battlecruiser.net frontend anyway.

Guest Remo Williams

I have sent a link to all fleet leaders for the fleet MP match score sheet. Now they can review and send back any recommended changes to the document; or just sign-off your approval for your fleet on the document. Then it can be sent to the SC for final approval and use in MP matches.

I'm converting the document to html for those fleet leaders with out MS word so you can review the score sheet. If you can't view it in Word sent me a PM and I'll send you the URL to the page when itÔÇÖs up.

I setup a formula when I started the score sheet for placing a number value on each asset using the asset specifications from the appendix. I think it worked out ok for what itÔÇÖs going to be used for, but IÔÇÖll leave the final decision to you.

Remo Out!

Guest Remo Williams

The HTML version is complete. I've sent the link to everyone I know that needed it. If you need the link to the html version PM me.