Fleet Leaders Meeting

Guest Remo Williams

Guest Remo Williams

The Meeting will be held Sunday 1:00 PM PST - 4:00PM EST. That would be 9:00PM GMT for those Fleet Commanders across the pond. You can connect to the teamspeak server by typing primefleet.com into the address field in the teamspeak connection window. The server password will be PM to you ASAP.

We will discuss a scoring system for MP matches. Along with the first scenario that Gordon thought up and sent to me yesterday. I'm sure other items of interest will be discussed also.

At the close of the meeting Prime should have a test session already underway and I'd like you all to join us in the session.

I'll be sending all fleet Leaders a PM with the scenario and teamspeak server password included so you can check it over and send it to your staff for review before the meeting.

In the scenario instructions you'll notice at the end it included a very simple and exact way to keep score that can be verified by reviewing the match chat. We can start here and add to or use, as is this scoring system.

I look forward to hearing any ideas you all may have on this scoring system Sunday.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Mrxknown:

Yeah, but something tells me next time I see Shingen he won't be so lucky.

Man, Insurgents ARE smarter than I thought.

LOL! That they are Grayson!

Very nice turn out gentlemen we had reps from all fleets except Orion, and Gammulan. We agreed on a common layout for scenario creation; which the ISS is going to put the finishing touches on.

We also reached an agreement on a common scoring sheet that includes all in-game assets to be used to collect stats on all fleet matches. Work should be complete sometime this week and a copy mailed to all fleet leaders for final review and approval.

Very good meeting overall quite productive and full of ideas.

Guest Shingen

quote:

I ain't no freakin Insurgent.. I'm a Devil's Hand Raider, proud and strong! I just had to play as an Insurgent for that game.

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

quote:

I ain't no freakin Insurgent.. I'm a Devil's Hand Raider, proud and strong! I just had to play as an Insurgent for that game.

I know, I doubt anyone couldn't see the [TDH] in your name. I just meant the whole group of people that comprised of the Insurgent group we fought.

Sorry I couldn't make it, but I should be able to make the next one for an hour or two at least (had a discussion with my wife about it) any problem with working on a 56k connection?

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

...any problem with working on a 56k connection?

Nope. Only with the one-hour time limit. If some of the players are on their first mission, it might take that long just to get organized.

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen

What was the final score, and who won?

Final Score would have been Insurgents 50 - Prime 25 and Partik Vanda would have received 25 points on his personal record for the only kill during the shortened session.

• 1 month later...
Guest Remo Williams

Ok its that time again I would like to call a FL meeting for Wednesday the 22nd at 18:00 PDT. Topic to be discussed is the ROE that will be used at the next fleet meet, plus a surprise topic that will be announced at the start of the meeting. Don't worry its all good.

I'll record the meeting for those in Europe unable to attend, but it will to be a considerable download.

I would also like to call a meeting of Prime's staff on Tuesday the 21st at 19:00 PDT please try to attend. Gordon I really need you there if possible please let me know by PM if you can make it or not, Thanks.

You can count TDH out of any meetings or matches for the foreseeable future.

I take full responsibility for my failure to motivate the fleet.

They can, of course, seek new leadership if they so wish.

Guest Remo Williams

Of course I won't except this for what ever its worth LOL! Read my Post in your forum. A fleet can't decide who their leader is only Derek can do that and he picked you so I'll see you at the meeting will get this fixed one way or the other.

quote:

I have a feeling don't quote me on this but soon there will be no servers available unless you are a fleet member so if your not in a fleet say bye bye to MP for awhile anyway.

I would hope, this is not the intent... or in any case, not the ONLY future of MP.

If the whole, of mp, is to be private, or purely for competitions, that would sure cut out a lot of people, who would enjoy mp, for what it is, just multiplay.

Guest Remo Williams

LMAO! Now didn't I say don't quote me on this. This is just my opinion and means nothing. I guess I should tone down my opinions around here. By no means is this the future of MP here, but a possiblity for the near future of MP since Derek is footing the bill for the servers bandwidth etc.

Since more Indies are starting to play on server 4 this shouldn't happen it was just my opinion and since what I say in no way represents 3000AD itÔÇÖs worthless.

Thanks for placing my thoughts on this subject so highly. You can stop having your panic attack now though everything is going to remain the same unless you see it in an official announcement from 3000AD. The only thing I was basing my assumption on was one of DerekÔÇÖs post were he said something similar but thatÔÇÖs been awhile and it hasn't happened so I wouldn't worry about it.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by ShoHashi:

quote:

Is the meeting date flexible? Wednesday is going to be near impossible for me, Thursday would be better.

Thursday also would be a LOT better for me, Remo.

Ok starting to look like Thursday then. Is this agreeable to others?

quote:

WHEW!!!

OK, Panic attack abated....

Guest Remo Williams

Cool I have some bad news though the main web server just blew another PSU and appears to have taken out the main board.

That means all the websites are down right now Prime, ISS and GALCOM. I'll try to get it back up ASAP I don't have another main board laying around so it may day a day or so while I order up another.

I'll stay in contact via my laptop until that time to keep you guys updated!

I can do a meeting except this weekend coming 9/25 to 9/26. Saturday is my 5th wedding anniversary, and I don't think the misses will appreciate me diverting our time here. She wouldn't even let me take my new Notebook on Vacation last week. Oh well.

Keep me posted Remo.