Specialized Fleet ROE Discussion.

Guest Remo Williams

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

Well, Ben Zwycky and Boran Zavok will be laying down (or accepting ) as many challenges as possible. Who is the official scorekeeper?

Only two duels allowed a month per player Ben. I guess I'm the official scorekeeper again, since I couldn't get you guys to nominate a new one last Dec. I put out a call HERE for nominations so I could hold a poll, but I received no replies.

All match info should either be PM or emailed to me for duels and team matches.

Team matches are then reported to the ladder after the official Scorekeeper has verified that the team leaders have calculated it correctly.

Read section 7 of the handbook for instructions on scoring a match.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I though two per AE, so I meant four per month in total, which seemed like a lot to me, in addition to all the fleet matches.

any news on the cloaking issue (makes no difference to me, just nice to know)?

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

OK, I though two per AE, so I meant four per month in total, which seemed like a lot to me, in addition to all the fleet matches.

any news on the cloaking issue (makes no difference to me, just nice to know)?

Oh I see what you were asking. Yes it is two per AE, but this is optional and not a league requirement. If you don't want to play any Duel matches thats fine also, but the limit is two per AE.

I think that cloaking should be an option in the ROE for the players in a duel. Which should be decided between the players before the match begins.

OK, does the timer start from when you deploy, or from when you announce that you are ready?

Also, are you allowed to send any of your shuttles through jumpgates/wormholes ahead of your CC, or not (I assume not)?

Certainly not when you announce ... you could be halfway across the galaxy before deciding to "announce" that you've begun.

But that does bring up a good question. Since a player's launch point isn't necessarily the starstation, isn't it possible to, through the luck of the draw, get a head start ... if you were launched near the jump point?

Unless the race starts at the point in the log where you transition to Rovarix.

Guest Remo Williams

No you can't send shuttles ahead. I have a master log that I'll use to check player logs against for scoring this campaign. You must follow the instruction to the letter or it will make your log different than the master log and hence get you disqualified.

Your time starts when you move through the jumpgate.

Guest Remo Williams

You get the points if you complete the campaign correctly regardless of your time. The player with the best time automatically qualifies for the playerÔÇÖs championship. Even if they don't have the stats that are required to compete in the championship getting the fast time will get you into the players championship.

• 6 months later...

OK, since stations are now destructible in AWA mp, I thought up a little fun we might have with that:

System Domination

It puts a little more strain on the umpire than usual, but itÔÇÖs the only way to score station kills accurately IMO.

It'd be nice to keep it double-blind as to the opponent's precise deployment strategy (which stations they deploy from), but if it's too much hassle, we can cut that out.

***WARNING***

Please note, this is only a match ROE proposal, not the final version and subject to change. Only match types listed in the MP handbook can be used for team match challenges.

***END WARNING***

Any feedback would be appreciated.

btw, in AWA the 'Eye in the Sky' match type is no longer balanced, if the AWACS craft are deployed as described in the match ROE. This is because raider stations are no longer neutral to Insurgents, so the Insurgent AWACS would have no available safe haven, and allowing it to move to Rovarix would put it too close to the GALCOM side's starting point. A solution to this would be to allow the AWACS craft to roam wherever they want and deploy together with their forces. This could be Tapestran and Galadran as in teh original scenario to make for more tactical options, or Junae and Rovarix to make for a more intense encounter.

Opinions, please.