Error on activation?? Key not found on server?

Its been a good year or so I guess since I've played UC-AWA and i figured I'd install and give it a go once more. So i pull up my archived email and enter in the CD key from the original purchase receipt email I got. I navigate to the proactive site as the activation software instructed, but instead of a nice smooth activation I get this....

"The Serial Number entered has not been found in the server's database. Make sure the Serial Number is not mistyped and try again."

I'm not typing its a direct copy and paste from the original mail so I know it is right. Looked over the first couple of pages of the activation thread but didn't see anything that would assist me right away. If i've got to send an email in thats fine, just wanted to post here incase something else is going on with the site database or some such... any one know anything about this error or gotten it themselves?

I checked the cd-key. You already activated the game twice (see dates below) and on two different machines. Thats why the activation no longer works. Check your email.

Cool. Guess i'll need to get another activation then. I've upgraded my computer since then, this current machine has never has the install except for now, and the previous one was rebuilt twice. Some where in the middle the ISP changed my IP address. Anyway thanks for the Info.

Did you try the transfer option on the Starforce activation page?

Looking at the site now, don't see a transfer option and the deactivation option stated the same thing about the key not being found on the server.

Ahh the deactivation option is the same as the transfer option you're refering too. heh

Looking at the site now, don't see a transfer option and the deactivation option stated the same thing about the key not being found on the server.

Ahh the deactivation option is the same as the transfer option you're refering too. heh

So i got your email and tried the new key... I got the same error.

"The serial Number entered has not been found in the server's database. Make sure the Serial Number is not mistyed and try again."

I've sent a follow up email as well.

Apart from using the wrong activation link, it looks like you patched the game before actually running - and thereby activating - it. Which is why the hardware signature is wrong because the .20 patch apparently contains the UCSE signature. You can check this by looking at the properties of the protect.dll or protect.exe files located in the game folder.

I have notified them and am awaiting fixed files before the .20 patch can be re-deployed.

Apart from using the wrong activation link, it looks like you patched the game before actually running - and thereby activating - it. Which is why the hardware signature is wrong because the .20 patch apparently contains the UCSE signature. You can check this by looking at the properties of the protect.dll or protect.exe files located in the game folder.

I have notified them and am awaiting fixed files before the .20 patch can be re-deployed.

Its odd the link for activation was the 2.0 site right out of the activator, and yes i did patch before running the game. I'll try a uninstall and re install see what that gets me. :)

Did you read the part where I said that it was protected with the UCSE signature?

Guess my attention to detail isn't what it should be. Anyway, I found my original Box purchase of UC and got that installed and am playing that for my fix. I'll keep my eye out for the patch that removed the activation as you've stated. Thanks again for your help.

If you have UCAWA - which is what you were trying to patch - what is the point of installing UC? The current .19 patch for UCAWA works just fine. Only the .20 patch (now pulled) has a problem because of the incorrect auth. I already gave you a replacement cd-key which will work with that .19 patch and in fact the upcoming fixed .20.