[UCCE] Script Error 'The Future is Now" campaign..

Malakie-USN

Hi SC,

Finally getting to the point of near completion of this Campaign for the first time ever! Talk about tough.. About the only thing I wish was that there was much more time in between scenarios for 1) getting to the next start location, and 2) more time in between for a bit of repair work or just doing other things... may sight seeing on planets etc.

Regardless, I ran into a show stopping issue for the campaign.

Stats are as follows:

Campaign "The Future is Now"

TOD3 m4/5

Sector: Mars/Sol

Mission Class: Defense Shield

Success: Prevent Starpath from being captured or destroyed.

During mission my stats are as follows:

Experience: 218708

Violations: 0

Onboard guests: Dr. Myan Rolne & Randy Karynia

Status: All ships systems fully operational, Full crew compliment, FC3 under repair for faulty computer.

Problem: First the cloaked ships that are supposed to uncloak to attack Starpath never de-cloak nor attack the station. Note that I AM in the sector for mission start. Even more serious is at the end of the scenario. When it ends, I get the successul completion message. Then the stats change big time.

Upon completion message, changes are as follows:

Experience: 5000

Violations: 11529 **HOLY COW

Onboard guests and ships systems remain the same.

When this first happened, I had to check to make sure I had not somehow blown up the planet Mars or something by accident! LOL

Seriously though, the problem is consistent. The cloaked ships never attack and if you just wait for scenario end, you always end up with 11529 violations, 5000 exp and loss of rank (and fleet command if you have it).

Nothing else happens. You can move on to the next scenario at this point.. no court martial or other issues appear from what I can tell.

Let me know if you need additional information. I have saved the scenario and started a different career for now until we can get this fixed.

Thanks..

(Todd)

Go read the script source (CMDR_C0005.SCR). In fact, here is the excerpt. Nothing special - or showstopping - about it and I see no errors in it. And if you want to modify the script, be my guest; thats why sources are provided in UCCE.

However you got those violations, you probably deserved them. If you don't know how violations are assigned, try reading the manual.

#
# TOD3 4/5
#
[acm]
CAMPAIGN: TOD3 M4/5
THEATRE OF OPS: MARS/SOL
MISSION CLASS: DEFENSE SHIELD
SUCCESS: PREVENT STARPATH FROM BEING CAPTURED OR DESTROYED
WE HAVE RECEIVED INTEL REPORTS THAT A MASSIVE ATTACK HAS BEEN LAUNCHED
AGAINST THE STARPATH STATION. AT THIS TIME, WE DO NOT KNOW WHO IS
BEHIND THE ATTACK BECAUSE MOST OF THE FLEET IS USING STEALTH TECHNOLOGY.
YOU ARE TO IMMEDIATELY PROCEED TO THE STARPATH STATION AND PROVIDE
TACTICAL SUPPORT.
END TRANSMISSION
:304,marsz,setup_tod3m4,begin_tod3m4,resolve_tod3m4,tod3m4tick,15,60,15
#
[dynamic]
terran insurgent,,ins6,starcarrier.3d,UNKNOWN_CONTACT
[ai]
.ins6,100,100,100,100,100,100,1
start inactive near lyriusz^wrm-02 500 jmp-28
stop
events 304
!begin_tod3m4
activate this
cloak on this
attack starpath
LAUNCH vandal,4,attack starpath
!resolve_tod3m4
flee
endevents
#
[dynamic]
terran insurgent,,ins7,bcruzmk2.3d,UNKNOWN_CONTACT
[ai]
.ins7,100,100,100,100,100,100,1
start inactive near lyriusz^wrm-02 1500 jmp-28
stop
events 304
!begin_tod3m4
activate this
cloak on this
attack starpath
LAUNCH raven,2,patrol lyriusz
LAUNCH zenstar,2,attack starpath
!resolve_tod3m4
flee
endevents
#
[dynamic]
terran insurgent,,ins8,starcarrier.3d,UNKNOWN_CONTACT
[ai]
.ins8,100,100,100,100,100,100,1
start inactive near plutoz^wrm-01 500 flx-03
stop
events 304
!begin_tod3m4
activate this
cloak on this
attack starpath
LAUNCH sfighter,2,attack starpath
!resolve_tod3m4
flee
endevents
#
.ghq
events 304
!resolve_tod3m4
IF DESTROYED starpath THEN
ep_dec 5000
broadcast "MISSION FAILURE. STARPATH WAS DESTROYED"
broadcast "-5000 EXPERIENCE POINTS"
ELSE
IF BC in marsz THEN
add_medal 3,1
ep_add 5000
broadcast "MISSION SUCCESS: STARPATH STATION IS ONLINE"
broadcast "+1 COMMANDER'S SHIELD MEDAL"
broadcast "+5000 EXPERIENCE POINTS"
ENDIF
ENDIF
endevents
#[/code]

Thread moved. Please [b]STOP[/b] posting in the tech support forum about issues you do not know to be tech support related. There are rules for posting in the tech support forum.

Hi SC,

Sorry my post ended up in the wrong section. When I posted I actually debated myself whether to post it in Tech support or here.. Was not sure what category to use.

I must be missing something though... As I wrote in my message, I have 0 violations but end up with over 11000 of them and ALL experience earned gone. Because the ships never decloak and never attack the station, I have just let my battlecruiser sit there and let time run by without doing anything at all to see what happens for the whole scenario. Same result. I am not attacking anything, nothing gets attacked, pretty much everything just sits there. During the campaign I have pretty much followed the scripted play and have not done anything outside the ordinary. If the mission calls for capture, I capture. If destruction, I destroy. If protect, I protect. I have successully completed all scenarios to this point albeit with a lot of saving and restoring to get there.

I am not as well versed with the scripting as you are but from what I can understand after looking at it, I too do not see any glaring problems. This is really bugging the hell outta me now... The script clearly shows the command for the cloaked ships to attack the Starpath station. Yet they don't. During this latest replay I tried something. When you first reload the cloaked ships appear visible for a short time. I was able to add them to the priority list. Using that, I locked each cloaked ship up and followed it. All three move toward the station. When they get to a certain distance they change course to avoid, fly out a ways then turn and approach again. They do this for the entire scenario but not once do they uncloak, open fire or launch any fighters.

I have also gone back to the manual but I am not able to locate the information about violations you recommended. Do you happen to remember the section of the manual it is in? Even so, I cannot imagine any way of getting over 11000 violations without doing anything. I cannot even imagine that even if I blew up everything around me, friend or foe in one scenario. But I am not doing anything at all. Just sitting there waiting for time to pass.

I know you are extremely busy so don't waste a lot of time with this.. If you feel like it, give me some things to check or try out to isolate this and I will. To be honest, if it were an issue somewhere in the campaign scripts, I just thought you might want to know about it. For the life of me though, I cannot find or figure out anything I did to cause the ships to not decloak nor can I even come up with any idea why I go from zero (0) violations at scenario start to 11000 + at completion of the scenario. Remember also, it DOES tell me I successfully complete the mission, gives me +5000 exp points and a medal. It just adds all those violations, erases the 200,000 exp I already earned and drops my rank. Thus my inquiry into this.

Thanks for the help....

Todd

You probably screwed something up in the prior TOD missions. Also, you need to check your patrol zones. Regardless of where you are, if anything adverse happens in those zones, you will be penalized.

Data about violations and EPs are in the appendix. Where they've always been.

A drop in EPs will lower your rank automatically.

You need to go back to the prior saved game (before you started M4/5 and trace your footsteps. Since the scenarios are linked and part of a cohesive storyline, even that won't help, since you could have screwed up earlier on.

Also, don't read the script, but I'm not going to detail what is going on because I simply don't have time. However, those hostile ships do not decloak in order to attach the station. And for crying out loud, those ships are coming all the way from Lyrius to attack Starpath - in Mars region. Do you know how far that is?

• 2 weeks later...
You probably screwed something up in the prior TOD missions. Also, you need to check your patrol zones. Regardless of where you are, if anything adverse happens in those zones, you will be penalized.

Data about violations and EPs are in the appendix. Where they've always been.

A drop in EPs will lower your rank automatically.

You need to go back to the prior saved game (before you started M4/5 and trace your footsteps. Since the scenarios are linked and part of a cohesive storyline, even that won't help, since you could have screwed up earlier on.

Also, don't read the script, but I'm not going to detail what is going on because I simply don't have time. However, those hostile ships do not decloak in order to attach the station. And for crying out loud, those ships are coming all the way from Lyrius to attack Starpath - in Mars region. Do you know how far that is?

I re-read all the info on violations. I think you are right in that something got messed up earlier.

*grin* Yea I know how far that is. But they do make it. As mentioned, they do come into the sector in a bit and if quick enough, I am able to prioritize them then lock on and follow them. They just never launched anything at the station during the entire scenario.

I did go back to previous saves and start from those points. Same result. So now I have started over completely with this campaign. I am following everything exactly as it is supposed to be. Since I already completed most of the campaign, I downloaded a walkthrough and am going to follow that along as well to see if there was anything I missed or did wrong the first time through.

It will take me a while again but I will post results when I get to this point again...

BTW, Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year SC.