Radeon X1550 or similar

OSH

I have one simple question: Who has here Radeon X1550 card (or similar from X-series). I need help! Best way -> PM me! I'm very angry, because my first post about graphic bug on RADEON card in BCM/BCMG was simply deleted! I've bought the original game and I want help! When this game is no longer supoortet OFFICIALLY I can request for help UNOFICIALLY right?

There are also requirements regarding having system profile information in the signature so we know your hardware without having to ask. Not having that information there can be grounds for deletion too.

Thanks Joel...I haven't knew. I'm very sorry, that I haven't respected the principles of this forum...

Now, can I describe my problem?

Ok, let's go:

On the Radar panel and HUD I see many white and blue lines. These lines appear and disappear randomly. This effect increases, when I enable an option "Dynamic stars FX".

I've tested BCMG with the latest patch on four computers: One has NVIDIA GF5200FX card, one (laptop) has a SiS 650 chipset (integrated GFX) and two has Radeon cards: X1550 and 9650. On computers with GF5200 and SiS 650 this bug doesn't appear. On both computers with Radeon cards I have this bug...

I've tested many drivers (official Catalyst drivers and Omega-Drivers) - without success.

I've tested also Universal Combat - on Radeon cards appears THE SAME GFX BUG!

Can someone here tell me what the hell I have to do? Has really anybody here problems with both games running under Radeon cards???

• 2 years later...

I have exactly the same problem and have an ATI x1600pro card. "Dynamic stars FX" causes weird lines on screen. Whats more, regardless of the above option, or turning on/off anything else, decoupling guns causes icons on the right side of screen flicker. For example the Command Craft Status button in the lower right corner begins to flash with Hyperdriver icon and Cloaking system icon(yes, in that order). Fighter control button begins to be replaced with a Wrench and some scale. The other two flash with some status symbol icons. BCM here.

none here. Forced AF already caused funny things to happen in other games, so i checked all combinations of AA,AF and CatAI, from all disabled to all enabled. But no improvement. I also have the "blue lines" effect on radar display as described by OP. Not sure if its card, game or driver related. Disabling every option in menu doesnt help too.

Specs are AthlonXP 3200+ WinXP sp3/32bit, ati x1600pro catalyst 9.1

Sadly, I know for a fact lots of old games wont work with recent or semi recent hardware. It's usually all about a lack of backward compatibility from the new drivers. I've had lots of such behaviors with my recent cards, and sadly, there's little I could do to have them work with some of my old games.

Now, this is strange, as I own a copy of BCMG, and my HD4870 seems to work fine with it.

well i maybe wouldnt call my hardware exactly recent but i see your point here. Luck issue probably. On a related note, do you know how to remove autopilot navplots. I accidentally clicked on too much in navcomputer, and now no matter what i select as target in HUD, the autopilot tries to fly to some remote star system for no reason.