Just a quick question about ground vehicles

Kroyon

Why is it a shame? Why can't you use the shuttle to deploy the vehicle, then you exit the CC and enter the vehicle?

It's just a long way around it, I was hoping I could just board the OC and hop out the CC via the rear bay door. Not a biggie, I'll board the shuttle, exit the CC, land the shuttle, board the OC and exit. :(

Originally, Planetfall in a CC wasn't even part of the game--your only option for ingression was a shuttle. So it makes a little sense that you can't directly deploy an OC from the CC. In fluff terms, I could definitely see a possible explanation being that CCs have no bays capable of directly deploying an OC.

In fluff terms, I could definitely see a possible explanation being that CCs have no bays capable of directly deploying an OC.

Actually the reason I never allowed it is because I wanted the player to use the shuttles since thats what they were designed for. Using the CC would have also been problematic since most of the designs of those crafts does not allow them to rest on the terrain. So any OC coming out of a bay, would drop to the ground and be badly damaged or destroyed, given their size and the height (from the ground up) of those cap ships.