Missing Parts to My Appendix

Serondal

Before I begin I would like to say I know this may be in the wrong forum but after looking through them I thought this would be my best bet because this is not a technical issue related to the game itself. Also let it be known that I am aware UC:AWA is not supported any longer AND that since I baught this game from Direct2Drive it may be their fault for the error I'm about to expand upon. Also I know I can go out and buy a new copy of UC:CE, and to be honest i'm trying to do that but no where in Kentucky/Indiana near Louisville that I've checked with thus far has it and I can't order it off the internet simple because I can only pay in cash ;) SO with all that in mind, if this request is extra-ordinary then please feel free to move this post, delete this post, space me or whatever else you deem fit O forum Gods.

Now onto my issue. I have braught this up in the past but the thread was no related to my issue so I didn't want to do any necromancy on it. In my appendix that comes along with the UC:AWA Direct2Drive version there are parts that are missing. The appendix here is kind of a html thing where you can click on diffrent links and it brings up different pages. So far I as I can tell the launch site appendix is missing, the ship upgrade sections is missing, and I believe there are other parts that are missing. Now I say they are missing but to be exact, these parts of the appendix use drop down boxes to narrow your search for you. Once you hit ok I guess it is suposed to list all the stations/upgrades ect that meet your filter. In my case no matter what I select it never shows a station or upgrade. With the upgrade section it only lets me choose Stormcarrier even if I choose cruiser or heavy carrier and hitting okay does nothing for example. Now I did pay for UC:AWA and I feel it isn't TO out of the question to ask if it is possible that I might be able to access this info some other way.

Once again I know UC:AWA is no longer supported so if this request falls on deaf ears I understand, however if it isn't to much trouble to ask I would really be thankful if someone was able to provide me with the missing parts of my Appendix. It will help me avoid buying upgrades I can't use, going to stations I don't need to visist ,ect ect and save me a lot of time. I only have a few hours a week to play so time is very important to me at this point :P Even an appendix from BC 2.0 or BCM or something would be helpful because I'm sure the info I'm looking for hasn't changed all that much lol. If I'm barking up the wrong tree feel free to nuke this baby at your lesiure and don't take offense at me for asking this please.

A duh! UC is free now why don't I just download that? anyone know if the UC Apendix suffers from the same issue? If not then just delete this thread. Geeze I'm stupid :P

I guess what I'm getting at is that I'd like to be able to access that part or the entire appendix online without having to download the entire UC game since I've already got UC:AWA installed and I don't have any internet at home. I was able to find the UC manual online in a .pfd under the uc/downloads section with Yahoo (Though there is no link on 3000AD.com to reach it, strange. . . )

Okay I downloaded the UC free to play game and installed it just to get at the appendix and it suffers from the same issue. I guess I'll just have to wait until I can afford UC:CE (as something came up that demanded my monies just before I was about to order it through the mail ^_^ ) I certianly hope this issue is fixed in that verison of the appendix, but either way it is fine ;)

Concerning your issue, it looks like a javascript issue to me. You have to enable javascript for these dropdown menus to work (I just checked).

If you don't know how to do so, I can help you with that. Which browser are you using?

Internet explorer. now that you say that I might just try opening it up in Firefox. If you're right, and you are I'm sure, I'm going to feel like a total @#$#$ ^_^ But lets say I am using internet explorer and have no access to the internets at home, what can I do?

well if using IE6, this link may be useful -> http://gsaauctions.gov/brow_details/IE6instr.htm

You should do the same for local intranet I guess. Now IE should prompt for your approval each time you fire up the upgrade and launchbases pages

If using FireFox, there's a javascript checkbox under tools -> options.

Thanks a ton! I'll try it when I get home from work but I'm sure it will work. This will help me decide which ship I want to go with. Been having trouble as of late deciding which one I want to give all my time to ^_^ Also hopefully will help me find a better trade route as Galcom HQ to Wraith is okay but I'm sure there are better lol. Now if I can just convince my wife to let me get UC:CE then my evil plans will be complete.

Just an update, I used fire fox and it works fine! I'm such an idiot for not trying this before! Thanks a ton RT.

Sadly the upgrades section only shows which ships get which upgrades. I was hoping there would be some more detail on the upgrades themselves for example what changes when you install them. I don't supose that info is given to us any where is it? I know shield and armor upgrades raise the total protection given by those two things and I'm guessing engine upgrades allow the ship to go faster over all but the reactor upgrade confuses me. It doesn't give any extra power to the ship so is all that it does increase fuel effiency? I guess it doesn't really matter, just get myself a Trellis and move on it with it. At least now I know my chosen ship can upgrade to pretty much anything ^_^

Also finally can see the list of all the space stations and see what their rate are, fanstic stuff. Thanks again RT this is a game changer for me.

Glad it helped you.

And yes, as far as I remember, reactor upgrade reduce fuel consumption rate. Granted, by the time you get your hands on a Trellis buying fuel isn't as much of a problem as it is in early games, but at least you don't have to really think about refueling anymore.

I normally get an eyestar with-in the first hour or so of game play if I get lucky and get something worth a lot of money from a cargo pod. So far I end up getting an OTS missle or a STO missle , those seem to be the most expensive things in the game aside from upgrades. Then once I get that seed money I do a few runs trading OTS missles from Galcom to Wraith and make a pretty penny ^_^ Or if I play Ter/Ins I will capture Wraith station with-in the first 10 minutes of game play, and then trade from the ISS station right next to it back and forth. The inflation is only about 20% different but the other station is AD so I can trade OTS missles from their base rate and get 30% profit in a very short period of time. My last game I got my Space Star shields and armor upgraded to max levels as well as the one right below Trellis and a really good engine. Sadly 8 intruders beamed on board, stole both my shuttle craft almost instantly (the one time I forget to shut down power to launch controls they get me) Then they managed to destroy something vital right when I'm in combat and cause the whole thing to go kaboom in a few seconds. ;) Any how these missing parts should help me quiet a bit though , really I was already doing okay I supose. Still it is nice to know about the different launching stations outside of the Sol and Sirus systems.