Patch Issues

after patching my game (UCCE) up to the latest version when i try to run the game it says it needs d3dx9_39.dll, i try installing the latest version of directx and that doesn't work. i try updating it with the patch version of directx but that has a network failure. any idea what i should do?

edit: ok, i got that fixed, but now the game crashes whenever i get past the intro video.

edit: just got the game working, don't know what i did. ironically this game is more stable then most games i have played recently. and all i ever hear people complain is it's "million bugs" ruin anything *sigh*

Are you using the auto update tool delivered with the game or are you trying to install the 2.0 beta patch?

Also, where did you buy your game from? D2D, DR, retail boxed.. ?

You must be more precise.

Are you using the auto update tool delivered with the game or are you trying to install the 2.0 beta patch?

Also, where did you buy your game from? D2D, DR, retail boxed.. ?

You must be more precise.

retail boxed, and i am sorry as i didn't really think of that.

and i am going to wait for a complete stable release of 2.0 before i try it

and all i ever hear people complain is it's "million bugs" ruin anything *sigh*

Not sure where you've been reading that because UCCE is no more buggy than the average game. If you've been listening to those tits on the Net, they're going on about the original Battlecruiser game. Pay no attention to them since they can't tell their ass from their elbow, let alone one game from another.

As to the DirectX error, you will ONLY get it if your DirectX runtime is not the same ver that the game requires. This is why there is a warning in each patch update that uses an updated DirectX sdk. The runtime has to match the sdk used or you will get that error.