Fallout 2

ShoHashi

I was in the mood to play something different, so while reading the Homebrew column in this month's issue of PCGamer, Brett Todd talked about Fallout 2.

Being that I never played it before, I figured I'd download it from Good Old Games for a mere $5.99 and give it a go.

I've just installed the mods he also spoke of. I'll let you all know how make out.

-Sho

One of my all time favs!!!

I can see why, SC! The graphics are not too pretty, and I realize this is a 90s game, but the gameplay is pretty engrossing. Graphics aren't everything! :santasliegh:

I did install the one mod that allows you to play it at higher resolutions. I didn't like how tiny everything was, so I uninstalled it.

-Sho

I wish you loads of fun with it. I too downloaded the whole fallout1&2 from GoG (bought freespace2 and M.A.X1&2 there too, very simple way to get these all time goodies). I'm planning on playing it again before I spend some time on fallout3.

I wish you loads of fun with it. I too downloaded the whole fallout1&2 from GoG (bought freespace2 and M.A.X1&2 there too, very simple way to get these all time goodies). I'm planning on playing it again before I spend some time on fallout3.

I appreciate it, RT. Looks like you'll be a little busy as well! I, too, will probably give Fallout 3 a try.

-Sho

• 3 months later...

Not to drag up and older thread or anything but the Fallout series (that being 1 & 2) are possible the best RPGs you can play in terms of non-linear, story-driven games.

How did you find Fallout 3 in comparison? I enjoyed it personally, but found far too many cases of a games developer selling its standards to consoles for monetary returns. Oh well, the industry has moved that way.

I must admit, i spend my time trawling through indie games now looking for something with an older kind of feel - gameplay over graphics and "streamlining".

• 3 months later...

Fallout 1&2 are *THE* best RPG's ever created IMO. I havent found one RPG that has made me lose so much sleep or was so much fun. Fallout 3 was okay I liked the feel they gave the game and VATS was a nice touch although i didnt use it much. I did find it dumb that they cut down the leveling system you should beable ot level beyond level 20.

• 3 weeks later...

Try tactics and there is a editor if your interested in making your own games. I have made a huge level on the game and Its easy to use In my opinion so try it out its 8.99.