Unexpected Crashes

Ok, UCCE keeps crashing randomly for me.

One crash is when i was on the bridge, the other one was where i was going to press EXIT on the perscan.

Im not sure why its crashing, i got the latest stuff to keep it from crashing. Any help? This has atleast wasted 7 hours of my gametime now.

Save often.

Usually a reinstall of the game will fix your problem (it did for me) but sometimes it doesn't. Also, if you have beta drivers installed that might cause an issue - if all else fails, then disable any services that are not important to the running of your system. You'll be amazed at what is running that really shouldn't (like Impulse, or Steam) that can in fact cause a game to crash.

What Kalshion said. As a general rule, use the latest official, supported drivers for your hardware and the latest supported, non-beta patches for the game. UCCE (not the beta version) is the most stable game of the series, so if there are crashes, it mostly comes from bad drivers.

im using the latest version thats not beta.

idk what u mean by drivers, i use the CD

i mean. i have AMD athlon™ 64 X2 dual core processor 5600+ 2.80GHz

ram 3GB

32-bit operating system

and i update my computer constantly, so all drivers should be updated

my config

settings-2.jpg

my crashes occur when i dock my shuttle with 10 cargo items. i cant fix it at all. its really annoying me

edit: Sorry, i cant make the image any larger, photobucket just brings it down to 300x300 all the time, but u shud be able 2 make out most of the settings, and i also try changing the settings like putting the filters on and stuff, but it still crashes

I meant drivers for that hardware of yours. Check you're using the latests online, those provided on CD are usually way outdated.

Now, if upgrading those drivers doesn't fix it, describe precisely what's going on (check this thread for an example).

im using the latest version thats not beta.

idk what u mean by drivers, i use the CD

i mean. i have AMD athlon™ 64 X2 dual core processor 5600+ 2.80GHz

ram 3GB

32-bit operating system

and i update my computer constantly, so all drivers should be updated

my config

settings-2.jpg

my crashes occur when i dock my shuttle with 10 cargo items. i cant fix it at all. its really annoying me

edit: Sorry, i cant make the image any larger, photobucket just brings it down to 300x300 all the time, but u shud be able 2 make out most of the settings, and i also try changing the settings like putting the filters on and stuff, but it still crashes

That's odd. Photobucket will automatically downsize any large images to 1024x768

For example:

BTinurface-1.jpg

Your images stored at Photobucket will all have a UBB code line that you can just copy and paste into a thread response.

Now, as for your crashes....

Are you using a screensaver?

Do you have any auto updated A/V software running?

Is Windows set to update automatically?

Somebody slip you a mickey trojan worm that is spoofing your e-mail account?

Any one of those items coupled with UCCE could be grinding your CPU to a halt

The BC series has always been processor intensive, so anything else running in the background can cause crashes with any processor intensive application

well idk how to do it then, i cant resize it and all that crap

as for A/V, i have AVG on.

Im gonna try running UCCE in administrator mode, and then try picking up the shuttle. if that doesnt work, ill turn off my A/V and see how it runs.

My windows updates is on automatic

i have no screensavers

and as for the trojan, nope, i would've noticed, or my A/V wuda noticed it.

EDIT: I tried what i said.

In administrator, i guess UCCE would have its own folder, since i had no saved games in that mode.

And with my A/V off, UCCE still crashed a few seconds after the shuttle docking.

And im not going to reinstall. I have a feeling i won't be able to play my saved game if i do.

im amazed you figured out how to turn on your computer.

save files are in wherever you keep your UC file, usually, C:/Program Files/300AD/ Universal Combat/data/ Save files

or something like that.

um, sry, but nothing like that exists in my 3000AD folder.

Make a search on your whole harddrive, looking for player0.sgd, should help you. Now, what about checking the various folders in "My documents", especially the one labbeled "My games" ?

Make a search on your whole harddrive, looking for player0.sgd, should help you. Now, what about checking the various folders in "My documents", especially the one labbeled "My games" ?

Saved games have no business being there. They are in a single location as you pointed out.

He says he has UCCE, so they would be in C:\Program Files\3000AD\Universal Combat Collectors Edition\save assuming he didn't change the game's default install location.

Anyway, I have no idea why you're wasting time on this. First of all, he needs to take a look at your sig and modify his to match yours, so we can see his sys specs.