A Few Questions I Need Answered.

canshow

Hey, i was just playing with 2.0, and i just noticed something.

Do prisonors beam aboard and surrender when their crafts blow up or get disabled? I just got 8 prisonors for blowing up an ODS and 2 more for blowing up a single FC. 1 prisonor to 11 is something you just don't leave alone. However, i noticed i didn't get any prisonors when the craft that was destroyed was more than 1km away from me and this is the only time it has happened thus far.

However, i am sad that they don't shoot at my ship anymore...

I would say that your marines did their job while you where blowing up stuffs in space. Some intruders won't easily give up so they end up being dead bodies.

Hey, i was just playing with 2.0, and i just noticed something.

Do prisonors beam aboard and surrender when their crafts blow up or get disabled? I just got 8 prisonors for blowing up an ODS and 2 more for blowing up a single FC. 1 prisonor to 11 is something you just don't leave alone.

None of that happens. You don't get prisoners for doing ANYTHING. You only get prisoners from intruders who beam onto your ship and are captured by your marines.

Oh? Well i was monitoring perscan, and all 10 people beamed in as prisonors, with all their health in the yellow. They didn't even show up as intruders when they first came aboard. Too bad i didn't have a chance to be part of the beta with 2.0. Some things still need tinkering with unless the version released as a standalone is way different than the free upgrade. But i'm sure its fixed and yadayadaya.

Anyways,

1) Are ODS's new roles changed to stationary and nuetral?

2) Is the commander's picture in Perscan always supposed to be a female?

3) If the officers are the only personell other than marines that have weapons, do they even use them if they encounter intruders?

4) If the detention hold is maxed at 40, what's done with anyone else who is captured? Are they killed or sent somewhere else?

Oh? Well i was monitoring perscan, and all 10 people beamed in as prisonors, with all their health in the yellow.

Thats not even possible. And I'm not going to argue about it. If you think that prisoners can beam onto your ship, fine by me.

Oh? Well i was monitoring perscan, and all 10 people beamed in as prisonors, with all their health in the yellow. They didn't even show up as intruders when they first came aboard. Too bad i didn't have a chance to be part of the beta with 2.0. Some things still need tinkering with unless the version released as a standalone is way different than the free upgrade. But i'm sure its fixed and yadayadaya.

Anyways,

3) If the officers are the only personell other than marines that have weapons, do they even use them if they encounter intruders?

4) If the detention hold is maxed at 40, what's done with anyone else who is captured? Are they killed or sent somewhere else?

1)For some reason I can't get ODS units in v2.0 to fire either. Its probably an issue on my end though.

2)Fairly sure mine is male, I can't check as I'm currently away from my PC.

3)Pilots also have weapons, as for whether or not they use them I don't know.

Oh? Well i was monitoring perscan, and all 10 people beamed in as prisonors, with all their health in the yellow.

Thats not even possible. And I'm not going to argue about it. If you think that prisoners can beam onto your ship, fine by me.

You don't have to argue and i don't really think that, but i'll just give it to you straight.

I looked in perscan during/after the ODS and fighter were destroyed. I already had 1 prisonor onboard, but then the count rose to 4, then to 7, then to 9 and finally to 11. I don't think that prisonors can beam aboard my ship, but from what i saw, they didn't show up as intruders. What could've happened was that my marines captured them as soon as they beamed in, like by the miliseconds so that coding wouldn't show the people as intruders first, then prisonors later so it just made it appear that prisonors beamed aboard my ship. But they whatsoever did not appear as intruders when i observed them through PerScan. But, i don't want to make you argue, so I'll just call it a graphic bug or something on my end.

@Nwah

As far as i've seen, Pilots haven't used their weapons against intruders, even 1 on 1 with them in their own FC.

As for the picture, it always shows it as a female in PerScan for me in the last patch, and in 2.0.

Intruders are not readily picked up by sensors as soon as they enter your ship and if your marines are good, the raiders are not and they end up in an area with some of your men, they can become prisoners very quickly. Evenbefore perscan can display them as intruders.

Intruders are not readily picked up by sensors as soon as they enter your ship and if your marines are good, the raiders are not and they end up in an area with some of your men, they can become prisoners very quickly. Evenbefore perscan can display them as intruders.

Exactly. It all depends on where on the ship they first appear on. By the time Perscan is updated, they may have already been subdued and converted from intruders to prisoners.

Anyways,

1. There are no changes to ODS units. Like all units, they only fire based on having a firing solution, their alliance to the target etc. They move at incredible speeds around the planet, so sometimes - since they don't stop to fire - they don't obtain a firing solution on smaller targets as they are moving past.
  2. It depends on the sex of the character you created in the profile.
  3. All personnel have weapons which they will use if they encounter hostiles either in the ship or on planets.
  4. They are killed instead of captured. Most times if the DH is full and there are still intruders on the ship, then you're in serious trouble.

1. There are no changes to ODS units. Like all units, they only fire based on having a firing solution, their alliance to the target etc. They move at incredible speeds around the planet, so sometimes - since they don't stop to fire - they don't obtain a firing solution on smaller targets as they are moving past.
  2. It depends on the sex of the character you created in the profile.
  3. All personnel have weapons which they will use if they encounter hostiles either in the ship or on planets.
  4. They are killed instead of captured. Most times if the DH is full and there are still intruders on the ship, then you're in serious trouble.

I've been playing for almost a day now, and every ODS i encounter, will not fire. They won't fire at my Engstrom, they won't fire at any FC that are hostile to them, they just sit there. I've even tried flying around one 5km away so it can shoot at me, and nothing. I even witnessed 6 FC take out an ODS without breaking a sweat.

As for the sex of the character, i always choose Terran male. It appears as male in Tactical, but the picture is always female in perscan.

I have all my cards updated and all previous versions were installed correctly. However, I can't give a screenshot of Perscan because the shot is always pitch black.