Ucce Small Problems...

1. My pilots will only fire 5 of their 10 missles on a combat sortie regardless of my direct orders, number of hostile targets in area, or threat to the pilots themselves (i.e. taking severe damage/targeted by multiple enemies etc.) Their AI level's are fairly high (70's-80's) dog fighting skills still baseline. Any way to get them to run their munitions dry or do they simply need to increase their DF skills before they will make proper use of ALL of the very expensive loadouts I purchase for them so as not to die?

2. Ran into a slight problem short time ago involving my AE taking a little combat sortie of his own, CC becomes infiltrated (I leave for 5 minutes and the whole place goes to....), officers shut down launch control and I'm stuck outside. No power to launch control or Transporter control. On page 23 of the Tutorial, Mr. Smart mentions accessing tacops via remote and manipulating CC power, however, if I'm not on-board the CC, I can't access Her power settings under Tacops: When Logistix is selected it only gives me system data of the support craft I'm piloting, in this case a fighter. Any way around this or am I screwed?

3. When deploying marines on atmospheric combat and issuing SAD or SEAD orders...they just sit there. Yes, I made sure they were prepped for combat before Infil and yes they are well within range of hostile targets (happens even when I beam them directly inside enemy compounds) Their AI lvl is upwards of 60+, but unless I issue specific strike orders, they just chill out wasting tax dollars, much like some of my real buddies at work. Is there some kind of unlisted experience lvl where Marines only get better at combat after they have seen some action regardless of AI (such as DF or BA for pilots) or am I missing something?

4. When Recon Force Marines are deployed, they assume the prone position and I am unable to issue them orders. There's not even a green target box around them, its like they became part of the planetary vegetaion rendering. While this is very impressive and just the kind of ninja-like skills I would expect from Marine Recon, I would very much enjoy being able to tell them what to do. Not to mention recover them. What am I doing wrong?

5. Curiosity Question: !!!!POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!!!!

Don't misunderstand me, the ROAM scenario is a beautiful thing and I very much appreciate a game that has this kind of premise - especially compared to most games today that feature linear hand-holding gameplay that require absolutely no thought and baby-step-you to the end and are exactly the same every...single....time...you play them, but, with all due respect to the Role-Players (I do have an imagination and I do understand the concept) there's only so far my mind can take me. Years in the military have diminished my brain power - so, in the ROAM scenarios is there actually any way to....advance or....begin some kind of story line other than what is in your own imagination? Such as the probe in the Supernova beyond Obsidia or activating the "Utopia" scene on one of the planets or actually finding the Galaxians. Are there even any guests in the ROAM scenario? Anything? Anything at all?.......*cricket*......

I am thankful in advance for your help as well as your patience with an ameteur.

3. When deploying marines on atmospheric combat and issuing SAD or SEAD orders...they just sit there. Yes, I made sure they were prepped for combat before Infil and yes they are well within range of hostile targets (happens even when I beam them directly inside enemy compounds) Their AI lvl is upwards of 60+, but unless I issue specific strike orders, they just chill out wasting tax dollars, much like some of my real buddies at work. Is there some kind of unlisted experience lvl where Marines only get better at combat after they have seen some action regardless of AI (such as DF or BA for pilots) or am I missing something?

I can't say anything about your other questions, but I haven't seen this behavior while playing a Mobile Infantry Marine ROAM game; my squad members are pretty good about finding things to kill.

Since they are Marines, they have an unfortunate desire to close with their target and shoot it at point blank range. When they get too close, they stop shooting at it. They also don't beat on it with their weapon or fists, either. That's with a lower AI value. (Or so I guess; you can't find out any details about your squad members as a Marine squad leader other than their current LF value. Ammo level? AI level? Armor level? Nope, not that I could figure out. That isn't going to change, either.)

What version of UCCE are you playing? There's been many an update recently and most of the v1.01.x patches deal with NPC actions. See the VCF. (The same stuff is in the v2.x patch stream.)

• 4 weeks later...

well lets see here...

1. I bet you probably didn't equip or other wise launch those fighters with different tasks did you? by default fighters get half and half as far as space to space missiles (STS) and air to surface (ATS) missiles. So in other words they don't launch them because the missile isn't designed for what they are shooting at. take a look in the appendix for descriptions of all the missiles and what they do. You may also want to take a look at the missile loadout section to see what task you should launch them with in order to quickly change thier loadouts according to your situation. (not all missiles are created equal in this game for sure)

2. they likely shut the power down due to intruders being on board. you may want to hit alt-p to see where everyone is before turning the power on. but you have to click on your ship in tacops to bring up the menu for that crafts systems. (same with any other craft) Also, if your logistics computer is fried, you can get on board by jumping out of your ship (alt-e) and docking with your Command ship (alt-d). you won't be able to do much about it once inside either mind you, but you may be able to issue an SOS and get towed if you don't have a shuttle undocked that you could use.

3. sounds like you didn't make one of them the squad leader. without one they don't really know what to do unless you specificly tell them to move or destroy something.

4. again you need to assign a squad leader. Which in this case would allow you to give the squad an order without having to click on anyone.

5. No not really, but depending on your race/cast you may get deducted experience points for not doing what your race/cast is supposed to do. (kinda mission-ish in a way...) But altimately you want to get as many experience points as you can so that you may gain fleet control. Commanding multiple ships to make joint assults is a whole new game in it's self.

Plus I think everyone here can agree that you havn't truely played this game if you havn't hit the earth with an R.A.N.D.O.M. missile... ;p