All Aspect Warfare / Angle Of Attack Reviews

Supreme Cmdr

All Aspect Warfare on Out Of Eight

My comments about the review (which I thought was well written and captured all the unique pros/cons of the game).

1. The sandbox mode does not require objectives because thatÆs the whole "sandbox" point. You create your own objectives. e.g, if you want to go take on any enemy base - just show up and see what happens. The AI is in full force and effect. So you can decide to take out their barracks, base or whatever.

Also, the bases are spread apart to prevent them from attacking each other automatically. Though I am considering doing something about that in a future DLC which would see all out war break out. But that would require bases to be placed within range (less than 75km from each other) of each other or all EAD assets be given long range (more than 75km) capabilities. Which means that as soon as you fire up the campaign, IA or sandbox, they'll all engage each other. Making the campaign and IA scenarios more complex. ThatÆs why I didn't do that in the first place since they all take place on the same 400 sq. km map.

2. Voice acting. One word: budget. We actually had all the scripts ready for Somatone (the studio that did all the other audio sounds), but I cut that out at the last minute and asked them not to proceed once our potential publisher headed South and I had to tighten the purse strings.

3. As to the bases, as I've said before, we have all the assets that we need for that but that task was just cut due to time and performance. Now that the game is out, we're going to look to populate the bases with more ambient assets. My guess is that people are still going to complain because it is going to tank the performance on some systems. So that DLC may end up being a "use at your own risk" kinda thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Yeah, but most of the reviews - apart from the rubbish GameSpot one - were fine I thought. Even the ones with low scores that didn't quite jive with the review text.

I posted a comment back the the Phillip dude......

Good review eh!! .... anyone that really PLAYS AAW comes up with almost the same conclusion: - awesome, yet brain melting.