Open Rpg Discussions

ShoHashi

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to join if possible. I am not new to Roleplaying but this would be my first time doing a space based game.

What do I need to start? (if accepted of course)

Hi Vadise!

While it is better to start in an RPG when it first begins, you can still join the existing RPG (Apogee). What you should do first, is read all the posts from the beginning to get an idea what is going on. Then "fit" yourself in with your initial post to the Apogee thread.

If you have any questions or concerns, please ask. :)

-Sho

Just don't state that you are apart of one of the fleets; that won't go over to well with most leaders. (Such as saying that you are an insurgent apart of Sho's fleet. Or that you apart of Alpha Wing of Prime Fleet, and so on and so force)

I should probabbly wait until a new thread is open. I dont see where a FAL/MER pilot will fit in the insurgent-galcom war... hrm... anyways, if I see I could fit at some point. I will ask here for permission before I dive in.

Thanks!

Kalshion said:

Just don't state that you are apart of one of the fleets; that won't go over to well with most leaders.

Good point, Kal. I had forgotten about that! :)

Vadise said:

I dont see where a FAL/MER pilot will fit in the insurgent-galcom war

Where's Quazar when you need him? I have no doubt he could prolly fit you in somewhere! ;)

-Sho

hmm... I'll wait see what Quazar says and see what happens next in the story. Sure I will find somewhere to sneak in without being a pain to anyone soon enough. Heh.

If I get to join, dont ever hesitate to smack me if I do something wrong or notice something is off with my posts please.

hmm... I'll wait see what Quazar says and see what happens next in the story. Sure I will find somewhere to sneak in without being a pain to anyone soon enough. Heh.

If I get to join, dont ever hesitate to smack me if I do something wrong or notice something is off with my posts please.

You'll be waiting a VERY long time... we haven't seen Quazer now for three months almost...

Hi all!

Vadise has an interesting way of joining in the Apogee RPG. If no one objects, why don't we let him join in! :)

Vadise, would you please elaborate here on what you would like to do?

-Sho

Well, considering that Falkeries and Gammulans are not in very good terms, I could be locked up in the Gammulan Carrier that just beamed marines to Deadelus and Deathstrike.

My Viper FC would be stored in their cargo bay, repaired and ready to be sold at the nearest station.

Why was I captured? A failed attempt to sabotage the carrier's operation by shooting their engines and hyperdrive offline. I was hired to do that of course.

First a PTA shot that managed to knock my EMD offline then disabled by a missile.

So right now I am waiting for some energy failure to break myself out. If I could get to the cargo bay and enter my Viper, I could shoot a big enough hole in their hull from the inside to get out. That's if they didnt dissassemble or block my fighter with some sort of security code. Whatever the case is, I would have a very limited flight time and firepower as my reactor cell will be near to depleted.

I should probabbly wait until a new thread is open. I dont see where a FAL/MER pilot will fit in the insurgent-galcom war... hrm... anyways, if I see I could fit at some point. I will ask here for permission before I dive in.

Thanks!

You can actually fit into this RP nicely. You can either Free-form RP as an Indie without affiliations, or I can PM you about the general plot-line?

I object....

It's not hard to run a free-form RP without timestamps, I do it all the time on other boards, never had a need for time stamps except when progressing to the next day.

That's kewl..we won't use timestamps.

I know that Q doesn't really care who runs this RP, so someone take charge so we can finish this thing. It's been ages since we've complete a damn RP here.

If you guys trust me to run the thing, I'm working on it, if not I'll just go back to free-forming my characters within whatever story you guys make.. no harm no foul.

Quazar entrusted you with the task of Apogee, but I can always provide a helping hand whenever needed. As of right now though I can't post as Kal is waiting on Sho's character to respond.

Though, for all intents, I like what I see ;)

Now... if only this forum had UPDATED to inform me that there was an actual POST before I had replied to a few PM's :)

As of right now though I can't post as Kal is waiting on Sho's character to respond.

Yeah.. I'm working on that.. Sho can free-form that if he wants as it's isn't really relevant to the overall plot.

I'll be updating everyone to the basic plot and where everyone is going so that they have a general path in their free-form.

Otherwise we can resort to anarchy and just post until the RP dies from incoherence.

I need some "yehs or nehs" here.. you guys want me to structure this RP or what?

Shingen poste:

I need some "yehs or nehs" here.. you guys want me to structure this RP or what?

You have a "yeh" from me.

ATM, I don't have a lot of time to respond to Apogee. I mean, I probably could but there'd be several days to a week in between my posts. Not sure if everyone would want that to drag on or not. If they don't mind, then that's cool too.

-Sho

You have a "yeh" from me.

ATM, I don't have a lot of time to respond to Apogee. I mean, I probably could but there'd be several days to a week in between my posts. Not sure if everyone would want that to drag on or not. If they don't mind, then that's cool too.

-Sho

OK thanks for the vote of confidence.

I can either RP myself, the event between you and Kal, or you can go ahead and RP that part of the story. Basically that is what we are waiting on.

I'm ready to post now with the continuation of the story-line.

I still advocate the use of timestamps, since our posts are going to be spread out over several days/weeks ect.

That is just my opinion to keep everyone in the same time-frame and applicable context of posts over time.

Your mileage may vary...

However, I would ask each commander who is willing to finish this RP to PM me to discuss subplots and overall storyline.

This isn't to mandate RP posts, but to give each commander a synopsis of the direction the story is going so that they may RP confidently within the framework of the plot-line.

This is a free-form RP, but I really think we should adhere to the traditional precepts that make a BC-RP work.. that's just my opinion.

I can go ahead and post now, but what I have is subject to my own interpretation of the story so far, and may not reflect what each individual character wishes to accomplish in this RP.

Please PM me, so we can get these things resolved or allow me to just "run with it" and continue the RP.

Also, can I get a acknowledgment here of commanders still in the RP.

I need to know which characters are active and which aren't..that way we all know whom we can emulate in our posts.

• 2 months later...
So...

and?

anyone wanna finish this RP?

Right now, the only one who holds all of the details and information has disappeared. Unless he's given you everything and such.

Otherwise, I can probably RP a little, but I've largely been out of the loop on what has been going on (no updates made since)

So...

and?

Right now, the only one who holds all of the details and information has disappeared. Unless he's given you everything and such.

Otherwise, I can probably RP a little, but I've largely been out of the loop on what has been going on (no updates made since)

What details?

I've been trying to complete this RP for months.. I can't do it on my own

That would be pointless.

So...

and?

What details?

I've been trying to complete this RP for months.. I can't do it on my own

That would be pointless.

I assumed he had given you details and such; guess I was wrong =\