My Ass Is Sore From Having It Kicked So Much.

RichardCranium

I guess you're talking about dying without any obvious threat around? Can you tell at what time that happens?

I had that one problem too, and notified SC about it. It always happened at the same exact time (give or take one second). It seems you got killed before that, but the game didn't tell you at that moment. The latest patch fixed the delay between it putting a dead tag on you and you actually dying, so I must ask what version you're using.

Yes, it's the 1.00.26 version.

I've died just before the gunship appears in the base. I've also died while hiding in the nearby barracks or starbase within a couple of seconds after the gunship appears. I've also died while 5 or so klicks away in another part of the base. Or at the nearest enemy base with nobody in range.

The longest I've survived is when hiding near the large building that's NNW of the starbase. I thought that I was getting killed by the base's automatic fire. That building doesn't last very long. Maybe I'll pop a smoke grenade to see if that helps any.

I was able to figure out the first skirmish without the hint.

OK, finding and using a PSU helps a bit. I'm living long enough (most of the time) to take out all the enemy marines.

The gunship, however, can take a few full clips of machinegun fire as well as 4 frag grenades. The Terran base is pretty much smashed up and the enemy air support flies around and shoots things. Like me. I guess that I'll re-equip with a rocket launcher and see if that can take out the gunship.

You can't hitch a ride in it, either. Bit the big one when I tried.

How are you going now RC?

Well, the new update showed up on Steam (1.00.35), so I figured I'd start from scratch.

I'm really starting to think that it is a Really Bad Idea to grab the vehicle with the lovely machine gun. I assume that it's taking me too long to kill everyone off and grab the shuttle. Shuttle leaves ground, shuttle gets shot down. I can't even make it into the canyon (not that it would matter; they'll kill me when I fly into the enemy base.).

Aaaand I now know that my squad mates are too stupid to punch their Ctrl-Y chin buttons when they watch me do it. After all, why would you pick the safe, guaranteed way to get to your local star base when there's another way that can get all you killed?

Aaaand I now know that my squad mates are too stupid to punch their Ctrl-Y chin buttons when they watch me do it. After all, why would you pick the safe, guaranteed way to get to your local star base when there's another way that can get all you killed?

LMFAO!! I never thought about this one!

LMFAO!! I never thought about this one!

That CTRL+Y is a cheat for the player and primarily for MP. If your team were allowed to do the same thing, then the game would play differently. As it is, if you use it, then you stand to lose your team. Especially since they'd try to follow you if you don't give them the halt command first.

That CTRL+Y is a cheat for the player and primarily for MP. If your team were allowed to do the same thing, then the game would play differently. As it is, if you use it, then you stand to lose your team. Especially since they'd try to follow you if you don't give them the halt command first.

Oh, fair enough. I was pretty frustrated when I tried that stunt; we had already killed all the enemy marines in the area and I was tired of watching the shuttle blow up with me in it.

After my jaunt back to the base, I hopped into the shuttle on the star base and flew back to get them. (They were running overland to get to me.) Got shot down on the way.

I hate having to fly shit. :)

Well, using a joystick it's fairly easy to fly low and make it to the starbase.

We were able to kill all the enemy marines when they attacked the starbase. I grabbed the gunship that carried the troops and used it to shoot down attacking aircraft. I hung around the starbase to repair and rearm.

I unassed the gunship between the first and *ahem* second waves of attacking aircraft. Oops. Scratch a lot of stuff.

Save game is your very best friend. Yessirree.