Derek Smart to head Quest Online

Supreme Cmdr

hehe, nothing changes at 3000AD guys. In fact, this is good because if things play out right, we have a network on which to host our MMO games as well. No different than Acclaim, Truegames, K2 Networks, SOE etc. We bring the game, they have the network (and billing backend) and take a cut of the proceeds. That was the whole reason that I was in touch with QOL to begin with, but things kinda took on a different turn shortly after when the investors decided to utilize my track record and expertise.

My original role was an advisory one, but then the situation changed and they asked me to take on the reigns as President of the company with a view to help steer the team to completing and shipping Alganon.

And no, I'm not moving to Phoenix!

Anyway, read this.

So fear not, GCO - as well as a major surprise - is coming.

As to testing, all of you who want to help out can go to the website and create a game and web forum account. Then send me your details so that I can have you all setup with top level access.

Ahh! This is really exciting. I betaed Alganon and have been considering resubbing. This brings my interest into it much higher then it was before, definitely. :(

Who knows, you might see STS missiles exploding in the night-sky against other cruiser hulls.

Congratulations BOSS!

I didn't payd much attention to this game as I'm more the kind of player that plays online with Neverwinter Nights shards and not with WOW kind games.

Your participation will raise an interest in me about the game and I'll check the game mechanics with more interest now.

A change in the kind of games you made may benefit you and 3000AD too and this is another good side of all this.

Godspeed BOSS and good working.

Now this is interesting indeed; sadly I've already got my hands in a few others games and don't have the money to sub to another for quite a few months :(

Oh well, I'm certain the game will prosper with you are the helm... just make certain Resnig doesn't touch any of the red buttons please..

Now this is interesting indeed; sadly I've already got my hands in a few others games and don't have the money to sub to another for quite a few months :(

Oh well, I'm certain the game will prosper with you are the helm... just make certain Resnig doesn't touch any of the red buttons please..

uhm, the game has no sub. You just buy the client ($19.95) if you want.

uhm, the game has no sub. You just buy the client ($19.95) if you want.

Yea... I kind of read that part just a bit ago... don't mind me boss, still getting over a flu-bug :(

Damn nice Derek :troutslap:

I haven't tried the game (been to involved in STO with a friend at the moment) but I plan to! Nice to hear that you put your foot down on the one's causing the trouble.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...