Health reform issue

So I'm curious how people here view the recent Healthcare Reform bill recently passed by the House and Senate.

Do you think it's unconstitutional? Constitutional?

Does the Federal Government has the authority to mandate that all private individuals must comply through force of arms to purchase a federal government insurance product?

How do people feel about the fact that most of the administration of these products will be outsources to India?

Do you feel it's a necessary or unnecessary growth of Federal powers over the States?

Do the States have the authority to refuse to mandate the bill within their respective territories?

Anyone have an opinion?

So I'm curious how people here view the recent Healthcare Reform bill recently passed by the House and Senate.

Do you think it's unconstitutional? Constitutional?

Does the Federal Government has the authority to mandate that all private individuals must comply through force of arms to purchase a federal government insurance product?

How do people feel about the fact that most of the administration of these products will be outsources to India?

Do you feel it's a necessary or unnecessary growth of Federal powers over the States?

Do the States have the authority to refuse to mandate the bill within their respective territories?

Anyone have an opinion?

Oh man I've had this debate on EVERY forum I'm on, I was kind of praying it wouldn't come here :)

Yes, I do think the bill is unconstitutional because it's being forced on every citizen of the country. Likewise, if I don't pay into it, I'm fined? Sorry, but that's just plain stupid. Not to mention how there are Americans who don't WANT health care, because they are well off enough to where they can afford it. There are also people who don't DESERVE health care, such as those who don't want to work and just lounge around at home sitting in front of a TV and doing nothing. Health care is NOT a right, it's a privaledge. Just like how driving is a NOT a right.

No, the Federal Government does NOT have that authority. Their authority extends only so far, there is a reason WHY our constitution exists, to limit the government to a small role. Instead, thanks to loopholes, the feds are expanding their knowledge and are borderlining on even more rights violation.

There is this thing called 'State Rights' where they control what happens in their states, when the school system was taken over, the states lost their ability to moderate their schools. Ever since then, our educational standards have DROPPED so much that most high-school graduates are IDIOTS. (Colleges and Universities must have 'Remedial' classes now) How can we expect the government to run a health care system if they can't even run a school system?

An example, back in 2004, to pass the Nevada High School Prof Exam for Math, I needed to make a 350 score. Now, in 2007 the federal government LOWERED that score to 302.

As of right now, state rights are being even more violated because now they have to deal with a health care bill. There was nothing wrong with private sector insurance, it could've been made better if the insurrance could be carried over state lines. This would allow competition between the various companies and thus make life easier on the person.

Because the states have their rights being violated; yes, they do in fact have the authority to refuse this bill. However, the Federal government has already proven that they'll threaten people (Example; California. Two democratic senators in charge of a farming area were threatened to have their water turned off if they didn't vote for the health care bill.) in this case, the feds could just as easily threaten to stop sending funding to the state.

My opinion? GOOD! The less influence the federal government has in my life, the better.

Ronald Reagan once said , " The nine scariest words in the English language are; We're from the government and we're here to help"

That says it all for me.

Like everything else the fed sticks their fingers in.... It will be majorly FUBAR!

They use no logic or common sense.

It might be time to unfurl the banner... VIVA La REVOLUCIONE! and take our government back from the greedy self interests of lobbiests. There once was an item in the Bill of Rights that prevented the fed from competing with the private sector It seems they have forgotten that.

Ronald Reagan once said , " The nine scariest words in the English language are; We're from the government and we're here to help"

That says it all for me.

Like everything else the fed sticks their fingers in.... It will be majorly FUBAR!

They use no logic or common sense.

It might be time to unfurl the banner... VIVA La REVOLUCIONE! and take our government back from the greedy self interests of lobbiests. There once was an item in the Bill of Rights that prevented the fed from competing with the private sector It seems they have forgotten that.

Holy cow... I'm actually finding myself in agreement with Wolferz!!! :)

Either way though; despite my mislike of this president and his lack of constitutional understanding (and he's supposed to have been a constitutional lawyer to....) I could never desire ill-will on someone.

Long time no see Nomad :boldblue:

-On Topic

We've already stated why we dislike this. A vast majority of Americans didn't WANT this health care reform, the politicions are supposed to listen to us, but instead they ignored us and SHOVED IT down our throats when we didn't want it. It was NOT the proper time to do this, our economy is STILL recovering.

In fact, several of the democrats stated themselves that the American people are 'to stupid, and won't understand it until passed'. Nancy herself said 'we won't know what's in the bill until it's passed' and various other comments that were STUPID.

I've said it once; and I'll say it again: I don't want government run health care, they can't even run the SCHOOL DISTRICT properly, what makes you think they can run a health care system? Not to mention, I want LESS government involvement in my life, not MORE.

I'm well aware how life can be Nomad; I've lost three jobs now thanks to this health care POS being passed.

All three jobs had employers calling me up and basically stating that they can't afford to pay the insurance on their employees now due to this passing. This is why I'm very pissed at my government, the idiots we have in congress don't have to worry about their cozy little positions (though I hope in November we boot them out, and perhaps put in people who DO care about the voice of the people, though I'm still doubtful) plus the health care bill doesn't COVER them (in fact, last I heard, they made absolutely SURE that it doesn't effect THEIR health care plans)