Anyone playing Multiplayer?

Hi.

Just wondering whether anyone is playing this game in multiplayer nowadays. I am thinking of purchasing the game mostly for multiplayer purposes, so first I would like to know if there are active stable servers for it and people playing it, with some frequency...

If not, I guess I'll just have to wait for the GC Online :P

Thank you.

I believe UCSE/UCCE are the most popular for multiplayer. While ES is nice, I don't believe it ever really picked up. (Which is sad, because there were going to be a number of DLCs for it and they weren't developed.)

Personally, I'm looking forward to the DLC for AAW which will add space combat - which will make MP for that game perfect if you can transfer to the planet. (FPS is what it has going for it,yeeah!)

I believe UCSE/UCCE are the most popular for multiplayer. While ES is nice, I don't believe it ever really picked up. (Which is sad, because there were going to be a number of DLCs for it and they weren't developed.)

Personally, I'm looking forward to the DLC for AAW which will add space combat - which will make MP for that game perfect if you can transfer to the planet. (FPS is what it has going for it,yeeah!)

Hmm, I thought UC didn't have much people on MP, I thought it was the reason why version 2.0 doesn't have multiplayer...

I like all aspects of these games, but what I mostly love is the space exploration (AAW and AoA don't have)... So, from the existing 3000ad games that have space exploration, which would you say that has more people on multiplayer , nowadays?

Thanks.

Cesar

Well sadly I haven't seen a MP game of UC for a while. That's mostly due to, I'd say, a lack of motivation as few people here own UC:CE or show an interest in MP. Now, I would say if multiplayer was to kick in once again, UC:CE would obviously be the game in use, but that's up to you to get it running again.

Well sadly I haven't seen a MP game of UC for a while. That's mostly due to, I'd say, a lack of motivation as few people here own UC:CE or show an interest in MP. Now, I would say if multiplayer was to kick in once again, UC:CE would obviously be the game in use, but that's up to you to get it running again.

Hmm I see. But isn't Galactic Command Echo Squad SE an improvement to UCCE? Doesn't it have better graphics and stuff?

Another question... is it possible to purchase UCCE online for download?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, i'm free for a game of UCCE as well for most of the summer.

The 2 main problems will be,

1) Having ourselves connected to a LAN, such as hamachi, or getting us connected to a server. (50% chance the connection to the server will have to be done by manually inputting the IP address of the host server into the properties of a shortcut to the multiplayer client) Which brings me to #2

2) Having someone with a decent internet connection and CPU to have a server running for us to play. Since the master servers for the UC series have been abandoned, it is difficult to find people to host a mostly lag-free server.

Other than that, we should have fun blowing ourselves to bits ;)

Yeah, i'm free for a game of UCCE as well for most of the summer.

The 2 main problems will be,

1) Having ourselves connected to a LAN, such as hamachi, or getting us connected to a server. (50% chance the connection to the server will have to be done by manually inputting the IP address of the host server into the properties of a shortcut to the multiplayer client) Which brings me to #2

2) Having someone with a decent internet connection and CPU to have a server running for us to play. Since the master servers for the UC series have been abandoned, it is difficult to find people to host a mostly lag-free server.

Other than that, we should have fun blowing ourselves to bits ;)

Same here, free most of the summer.

My computer is quite ok to launch a server and a client at the same time, and I think I have a good internet connection (50Mbps download, 5Mbps upload) but I am in Portugal so I'm not sure this speed will be kept all the way between countries...

So whenever you want to launch a multiplayer, tell me in this forum or by pm. But I never did it so you will have to walk me through the process (I have Hamachi 2 up and running).

• 3 weeks later...