Create a Multiplayer server

FuryMGS

Hello everyone, I have a small question for you. I apologize in advance for my bad English, I speak very little English. ^ ^

I would like to create a multiplayer server for BCM Gold, but the person with whom I tried failed to join. It was the same thing when I tried to join a server he creates. I point out we tried LAN. How can we do to play together? Sorry if I could find the answer myself on the forum, but I looked up and as my English is bad, I could have missed the answer.

Thank you in advance. :cool2:

Thanks for the link, but if I understand correctly, this text refers to Universal Combat. ^^ Looking at the list of topics, I came across interesting posts. There aren't public servers, that I understood, but how do I create a private server ?

Sorry again if this has already been said, but as I said I speak badly English, and I also know nothing about hosting servers.

Hi FuryMGS!

Firstly, you have to remember that this game is no longer officially supported.

Granted, I don't have BCMG, but I do have BCM and the instructions for setting up a private server are in the manual; they should be very similar if not the same. I've never set up a BCM private server, so I really can't help you there.

Secondly, you can do a search in the Battlecruiser Millenium forum using the keyword "multiplayer," and see if any posts pop up that can help you.

-Sho

I have BCMG but don't have much experience setting up private servers for it. I would be surprised if it was any different from UC though, so I'll check and try to make an easy step by step.

Thanks for your help. :cool2:

Edit : I have just tried and i can join my server LAN, but that seems a bit random. Nevertheless an explanation step by step is welcome, if I misconfigured. ^^

Edit 2 : I've tried witn another people. That works, but the server isn't very stable.

My DVD drive just died on me when I tried reinstalling BCM:G. The CD is still in good shape, but I'll have to get a new drive untill I can help you sadly.

Now I'm lucky most of my games are digital versions.