Planet Emerging

Vadise

Hello, again. I have been trying some more things and I just noticed is that for some reason none of the crew can emerge from the planet to do simple tasks such as cargo sweeping for shuttles.

I know that they are capable of planetfalling and then emerging with a RTB command, but not the other way around.

What both Shuttles and FCs do (I tried with a carrier too), is go up to the highest altitude the planet allows but never emerge, instead they keep bouncing off the highest altitude indefinitely.

I tried up to 30% AI, I am using a probe to extend my TACOPS Range to set the waypoints. They Launch from a landed CC. I tried using shuttles with regular personnel then with pilots, then the FCs with a pilot, then with both pilot and copilot but I got the same results.

How can I make them emerge by themselves without having to make the CC emerge and probabbly get itself into combat?

A damaged engine will reduce a craft's maximum altitude, did you check their engine status? Did you also try to get them back to space manually (getting your A/E on board) ?

Also, from what I remember the egress altitude is calculated from sea level, but the craft's max altitude is dependant of its actual altitude, so you should be able to use mountains and high ground features to increase the craft's max altitude and try to get to egress altitude.

All support crafts were tested with all systems in perfect state. And I use a shuttle MK2 to unload my minerals to Cygni station using my AE, so the Shuttles can make it the egress altitude and past it as well.

I used a Raven FC in my Elite Force Pilot career to planetfall and emerge LV103 so that has no problems either.