buying universal combat CE

tomoyo

i understand the rules are that i must have already purchased a 3000ad company product before i can make a product inquiry on this forum, however unlike most kids who own tons of games since they're 5, i simply never have owned any video games of my own, nor any 3000ad releases at the moment. which is why i'm posting as i would like to purchase a 3000ad product and i'd just like to be informed on this DRM online issue, and this "65 in-game years" limit that they have.

did any cd-rom edition of any 3000ad games came with online activation and starforce? when i buy universal combat collector's edition precisely which game would require online activation and which wouldn't?

i move around often so i can't always stayed connected online to play as its impossible for me to settle down in any long term residency with a permanent internet connection in the foreseeable future.

universal combat CE edition has a serial number Inside the cd-rom, so would an internet connection be required to activate all the games inside online? or is it only required during installation for a particular/all the games?

i've read that all 3000AD games have a universe-span of 65 ingame years, so precisely how....long is that in real life time?

would there be enough time for me to do everything i want? can i still continue a new campaign/free roam mode with my old ship and crew after the universe-span is up? or would the game just ends and i can't play in that savefile anymore?

is galactic command available on cd-roms? if so, where can i purchase it?

i can only get internet access from a internet cafe to do all my internet chores, i simply cannot access steam software it's impossible for me, so thanks for reading this post and thank for replying!

did any cd-rom edition of any 3000ad games came with online activation and starforce? when i buy universal combat collector's edition precisely which game would require online activation and which wouldn't?

No online activation. Not sure on starforce, but its doubtful. But all you need to do is patch it up and you're good to go since there will be no more patches coming out for UCCE.

universal combat CE edition has a serial number Inside the cd-rom, so would an internet connection be required to activate all the games inside online? or is it only required during installation for a particular/all the games?

You only need the serial to activate the game during installation (as far as i remember)

i've read that all 3000AD games have a universe-span of 65 ingame years, so precisely how....long is that in real life time?

About 65 human years :P

would there be enough time for me to do everything i want? can i still continue a new campaign/free roam mode with my old ship and crew after the universe-span is up? or would the game just ends and i can't play in that savefile anymore?

You can do whatever you want in the game. If you start a new game, you start with new assets, nothing transfers over.

I'm not quite sure on that one. You could do a google search, or check local gamestops, bestbuys and walmarts online.

Hope this helps.

i understand the rules are that i must have already purchased a 3000ad company product before i can make a product inquiry on this forum,

We have no such rules. You must be talking about tech support.

UCCE and UCCE v2 is a single collection of games. So only one online activation is required. We do not use Starforce.

i move around often so i can't always stayed connected online to play as its impossible for me to settle down in any long term residency with a permanent internet connection in the foreseeable future.

You don't need a permanent internet connection for activation. You activate once, thats it.

Then you must have the original 2007 UCCE released by Take Two. You only need to activate that version once; no internet connection required because the activation key is on the CD-ROM itself.

The game is real time. So your commander career can live up to age 65 before retiring. That's in real man years. So if in real life you are aged 17 and you play the same career until it retires, you would be aged 17+65 (82) in real life.

I doubt that you'd live that long, so I won't worry about it if I were you.

No. Only via digital distribution. You can get it directly from us, over at Direct2Drive, Gamer's Gate and various other places.

i can only get internet access from a internet cafe to do all my internet chores, i simply cannot access steam software it's impossible for me, so thanks for reading this post and thank for replying!

None of those games use Steam. Only All Aspect Warfare and Angle Of Attack have a Steam version