ODS won't fire

canshow

Not sure if its tech or not (because it's always my fault, yada yada), so i'm posting it here (my other thread got deleted so yeah). Sorry for being a pain in the ass.

Anyways, ODS not firing (as mentioned before). Finally got round to taking a video of the issue. This is v.2.00.01, and someone else was having the same issue with ODSs and we have the same version (what other version could there be?!?!)

VIDEO!!!

Video quality is a little bad. But when i'm going around the ODS, im flying within 1 - 5km range. As see you can see, i even lowered shields to 25%, went around the damn thing, and it still didn't fire at me.

I also observed a large group of fighters taking out an ODS in my different game, all unscratched. No video evidence, but i'll make it happen and take a video if i have to :biggrinsanta:

I've never been shot at by an ODS, nor have I seen an ODS fire on an enemy in close proximity to it. I frequently see interceptors jump close and destroy them (after a good 5 minutes of breaking down the ODS's thick armor) without taking a single hit themselves. I've just been treating them like props.

ODS definitely DO fire in 1.01.04, here's a demonstration.

Canshow, please notice that at around 00:56 in your video you got hit by something. I suspect that was the ODS, but then its rotation got your in the blind spot (ODS systems have them just like ships and stations). The fact that you were flying around so much don't make it really easy to make sure what was happening. Overall that wasn't a very helpful video.

Please make another video where you'll attack the MUL/RAI ODS in Lennen from the Barnard's Star wormhole and turn your PTA OFF. And STAY STILL and in target view so we can see what's happening from the ODS pov.

Oh and get rid of the damn watermark in the middle of the screen (buy fraps or something).

Sadly I can't test V2 as I got rid of my beta build ages ago, and didn't buy the game either since then.

Whoa... that's a deadly piece of hardware. I'm playing the free edition and I'm able to jump right to the ODS's without taking damage. Perhaps it's as SC said, and it's just not getting a good fire solution on my ship. I kind of prefer it this way actually...seeing how deadly they really are.

Sadly I can't test V2 as I got rid of my beta build ages ago, and didn't buy the game either since then.

All Beta testers can request a free copy of any of our games by sending an email to [email protected] indicating which game you want. Indicate your real and forum names.

RT

I am talking about 2.0

ODSs definitely do fire in 1.01.04. Theres no doubt about that. I usually take hull damage the second i jump out of hyperspace when its an xtender ODS. But in 2.0, they are just floating pieces of junk. I'd be willing to delete my 3000AD account if i ever saw an ODS fire in my 2.0 version. But since it hasn't happened, i'm not willing.

@SC

Well, i dont know what to tell you. Either there's something wrong in the coding, or by consistent coincidence, the ODSs never have a good firing solution.

@RT

I can't get rid of that watermark and xfire doesn't support UCCE, so yeah, besides Fraps doesn't have a video decoder. so unless you want to download the 3gb video...; i don't have money anyways. And i bet you a copy of AAW that if i jump in, move back to 5km, and sit there with my PTA off facing that ODS, it will still not fire at me.

edit:

VIDEO

@RT

I can't get rid of that watermark and xfire doesn't support UCCE, so yeah, besides Fraps doesn't have a video decoder. so unless you want to download the 3gb video...; i don't have money anyways. And i bet you a copy of AAW that if i jump in, move back to 5km, and sit there with my PTA off facing that ODS, it will still not fire at me.

Use VirtualDub, most people who use Fraps tend to use VirtualDub to compress their videos into a more managable size. Depending on the codec you are using, you can get that video down to anywhere from fifty megs to two hundred, it really depends. But I've had luck getting vids down to twenty megs, when they were originally three gbs.

So, I just tested on UCCE V2, and it indeed seems the ODS wont fire at all. Well, too bad, but they never played an important role anyway. At least your fighters wont get obliterated by jumping at it right after they're out of targets ;)

Both versions of UCCE are now considered legacy so there wont be any change.