AAW engine upgrade to UCCE

Firehawk

Hey SC, I know you posted something about this back in development blog dealing with the Escape from LV-115 topic. I know you are quite busy these days (when have you not been? :D ) but I was wondering if you had any updates or thoughts or if you even feel like this is still on the table.

The answer to your question can be found here.

-Sho

Hey there Sho! Good to see another old timer :D

Call me dense but I'm kinda confused by your response. Aside from mentioning the idea twice in the Escape from LV-115 topic, Derek never gave a definitive response on the issue. Are you saying that the release of Escape from LV-115 means that Derek will no longer be considering the AAW engine upgrade to UCCE?

My timing is probably terrible on this issue too; my original post was made the day before LOD was announced to the public.

Aside from mentioning the idea twice in the Escape from LV-115 topic, Derek never gave a definitive response on the issue. Are you saying that the release of Escape from LV-115 means that Derek will no longer be considering the AAW engine upgrade to UCCE?

I stopped working on that AAW dlc because, as I stated, I simply didn't have enough time to devote to it. Plus, I was already mulling the idea of just starting from scratch. That idea became Line Of Defense.

I have no plans to update the UCCE engines to the AAW engine. It is a fair amount of work, and as before, sadly I just don't have the time. So, UCCE 2.0 (which uses the GCES-SE engine) is the end of the line for that series.

Of course GCO is going to be as true to UC as possible and that one is next in line after LOD (which is a smaller than GCO).