Line Of Defense Announced!

Supreme Cmdr

Derek i signed up for it on the main site. do bitter old vets get priority?

look for my app!

Yup. ALL recognized and long term community members are definite shoe-in, though you still need to sign-up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really like what you are intending to do. Long time player of Planetside and looking forward to PS2 but something is lacking. It's being far too casualized for monetization. Like what you are saying about hardcore gamers needing more. Hope LOD delivers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Coming along great actually. We've had some issues with the Havok Vision Engine (we use a custom version of it) which caused the game to be delayed; but otherwise it's all good. I am planning on showing off some new screen shots later this month. Just been so swamped that I haven't had the time.

After hearing about and seeing the royal mess that Planetside2 is shaping up to be; I think I made the right decision to make LOD as simple and user friendly as possible and with none of the complications and complexities of standard MMO games. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most difficult and where AAW sits at a solid 7, while my prior games are at a solid 10, I'd say that LOD is hovering around the 4 mark.

Planetside 2 wouldn't be near as bad if they had used some of the lessons learned by developers of the original game. I realize it is a different day and age but if they wanted to improve on something it should have been their own product rather than DICE's. It's funny to see it evolve where they are starting to put some old ideas in new game and oddly enough the community sees an improvement in the current version. Go figure...

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing LOD in action... hopefully soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel like this is going to be a great game.

However, when I tell friends about it over voice comms, I get one of two reactions, either:

"Hey, this looks really cool",

or

"Hey, this is going to blow just because of the Supreme Commander's name on it".

I've gotten more of the first reaction from people I play and have played the Planetside games with, but have still gotten a few of the other ones too.

Personally, my experiences have been good ones, partly due to a good community backing each other up.

The game will stand on it's own merits. I think it does have a lot going for it and I have been following it for a while. He has it sized right in both pop and cont size for sure. We'll have to see how it works out but I sure wish he would hurry. There are a lot of disgruntled PS2 players that would give this game a look in a heartbeat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Leave it to Derek Smart and 3000AD to finally make it worth my while to check my fb account more than once every 3 months or so. Kicking and screaming into the 21st century social webiverse!! :wo-oh:

• 2 months later...