Free to play vs. paying to play

shooby

After reading the FAQ it says there will be a free to play version with the option of paying to have access to more stuff. So I have 2 questions: first of all how much will it cost to get premium membership, and second what exactly is the difference between free to play and premium membership? How much more stuff do premium members have access too?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are going to have two distinct business models.

PREMIUM

The game is purchased for $29.99 (subject to change). This comes with the following perks/items (subject to change)

1. Early access to play the game days (TBD) before the official launch.
  2. One additional character slot.
  3. Can choose starting gear (incl. armor, weapon, ammo etc) from various presets.
  4. Given special weapon w/ attachment (e.g. Infra-Red scope) and weapon ID lock.
  5. No Combat Experience Point cap
  6. No Combat Training Certs cap
  7. Can own assets (weapons, vehicles, aircrafts, jetpack) w/ ID lock.
  8. Can own inventory items (weapons, attachments, mods etc) w/ ID lock.
  9. Can create fireteams of more than 4 players.
  10. Can join Fireteams of more than 4 players.
  11. Can create cloned personnel (2 max).
  12. Can create any/all certain assets (will list later) at terminals.
  13. Can create Forward Operating Bases (FOB a.k.a player housing).

F2P

The game is downloaded for free. Account can be upgraded to premium at any time for $29.99 (subject to change)

1. No early access to game.
  2. Single character slot.
  3. Default gear set based on selected alliance and class.
  4. Combat Experience Point capped at TBD
  5. Combat Training Certs capped at TBD
  6. Some Combat Training Certs access restrictions
  7. Cannot own assets (i.e. no ID lock option)
  8. Cannot own inventory items (i.e. no ID lock option)
  9. Cannot create fireteams of more than 4 players.
  10. Cannot join Fireteams of more than 4 players.
  11. Can upgrade to premium account.

Will F2P players have a tougher time against Premium players? Or is it all skill?

Don't think so the only thing that i get is the begin gear...apart from that nope :)

Will F2P players have a tougher time against Premium players? Or is it all skill?

Don't think so the only thing that i get is the begin gear...apart from that nope :)

That's correct. The game is 100% skill based. Of course because of the certs, F2P players won't have access to certain assets, weapons etc.

That's correct. The game is 100% skill based. Of course because of the certs, F2P players won't have access to certain assets, weapons etc.

That's what i like! The gear will have stats!?

The only thing that i'm a bit dissapointed is the lack of the customization ;( this could be a feature that could be added for players who would paid for the game or a Customization Pack as a DLC!

I really like the idea of weapons ID lock reminds me of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of Patriots

Sounds pretty solid so far, any personal goals as far as a pbt or cbt date? A year? More?

Good question ;)

The only thing that i'm a bit dissapointed is the lack of the customization ;( this could be a feature that could be added for players who would paid for the game or a Customization Pack as a DLC!

I really like the idea of weapons ID lock reminds me of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of Patriots

I fought long and hard with the decision regarding customization. In the end, I opted to shoot for a feature packed and fun game, rather than wasting time on customizations. Of course if the game takes off, then customization is something that could very well be added in via an update.

Yeah with ID lock, if you drop your weapon,

a) it takes longer to disappear from the world

B) only you can use it

c) you can find it using geolocation. So if some dweeb killed you, then picked up your weapon, as long as he has it, you know where to find him and the weapon :)

We have a ton of absolutely crazy stuff in the game. They range from strength and speed inducing implants to a wild array of weapon attachments

Sounds pretty solid so far, any personal goals as far as a pbt or cbt date? A year? More?

I don't understand the question.

I think what that mate wanted to mean is what do you think of the future of the game :o =)

I got other questions

1) Will have the game have headshots? (some shooters dont have it like global agenda)

2) When the in game trailr (i just........can't wait for it)

I'm looking forward as well to see how you are going to deal with the udpates after the release really curious about your ideas

I think what that mate wanted to mean is what do you think of the future of the game :o =)

I got other questions

1) Will have the game have headshots? (some shooters dont have it like global agenda)

2) When the in game trailr (i just........can't wait for it)

I'm looking forward as well to see how you are going to deal with the udpates after the release really curious about your ideas

What do I think about the future of the game? uhm, that is a strange question to ask. Of course I am optimistic about its future. The fact is, nobody knows how a game will do until it is released.

Headshots. Yes.

Trailer. Soon. Once we have all the elements in place that we need to show. We're not going to be creating fake cinematic trailers like those other guys. Our trailer will be based on actual gameplay.

Glad to hear Mr.Derek can't wait to see some more screenshots and of course...Wallpapers ;D

Real trailers are :)

Fake trailers are :(

Sooo true to bad these days publishers want everything fast and powerful then they use those fake gameplay vids... that's how i think though

I meant do you personally have a goal of when you want to get started with private testing or closed testing? Not exactly a release date that we can hang you by if you miss it, but more or less just can we expect to see some life within a year?

I see a lot of these unheard of FPS hybrids come and go without so much as a CBT, I wish you luck in showing FE what they did wrong.

Well we can't guess to be honest we need to wait and see what the people that didn't saw this game let them show them their opinion =)

Given the scope and scale of the game, it would be crazy to not have some sort of public (invite only) Beta testing.

Then that's a closed beta (public to outside of the dev team/publisher/) sounds good il give my best in testing the game and reporting what i find

I meant do you personally have a goal of when you want to get started with private testing or closed testing? Not exactly a release date that we can hang you by if you miss it, but more or less just can we expect to see some life within a year?

Famous Quote: It'll be ready when it's ready, and right now, it ain't ready :D

As for a date, eh, have patience ;)