X Rebirth

Nwah

From what I've gleaned and such, they are using a completely new engine for this game. Not only that, but it seems the game is already near completion as one of the devs hinted that they are 'polishing' it up.

They are using a completely new game engine. The Graphics might be Similar to X3TC but that's about it.

There will be a new dynamic campaign, and it's probably going to be designed to run on dual or multi-core processors. There will be less CPU usage due to the new trading module, and perhaps the addition of "trade lanes", removing all the independent NPC traders roaming around in space.

Game is expected to be released before 2012.

I hope they balance the ships a little more. Being able to kill everything in an M7 is crazy.

...but still no multiplayer

It's people building their empires at their own paces. That, and the limited universe means sectors will have to be shared, which will require massive amounts of buildings in one area of space which will require way too much CPU. Eve can do it, because space is divided by loading zones and vast distances, along with limited buildings. It is not just simply a Space RPG with 1 ship where the only twist is whether or not your opponent drops something when he's killed.

They are using a completely new game engine. The Graphics might be Similar to X3TC but that's about it.

There will be a new dynamic campaign, and it's probably going to be designed to run on dual or multi-core processors. There will be less CPU usage due to the new trading module, and perhaps the addition of "trade lanes", removing all the independent NPC traders roaming around in space.

Game is expected to be released before 2012.

I hope they balance the ships a little more. Being able to kill everything in an M7 is crazy.

Actually, according to the video which is ingame footage the graphics appear to be a step up from X3TC. However, it does appear, based on translated interviews, that the ability to pilot multiple ships seems to have been removed from the game. You pilot one ship and one ship only. I am HOPING this is just a mistranslation, but I worry it isn't.

And as for MP? I would LOVE for MP to be in this game, so that myself and several friends of mine could have fun building an empire but the thing is, I believe based on how massive the universe is that it would require a dedicated server (which I would most certainly jump at the chance of running off one of the servers I own)