I need to expand my game Library

canshow

I'm bored.

Literally.

I can not find 1 single game that will keep me entertained longer than a few days. They are all either repetitive or poorly made. The only games i even play occasionally are Sword of the Stars, and Starcraft 2, and that's only because of the custom scenarios made by different people.

Apart from that, i'm extremely limited when it comes to purchasing games. I've stopped pirating games long ago because that too is getting boring and tedious.

So, here is a list of games i have played that have lost my interest (including MMORPGs)

Combat Arms

Black Prophecy

Space Empires 5

Star Fury

Civilization 4

Star Wars: EAW & FOC

Universal Combat (up until a few months ago)

X3 Terran Conflict

Age of Empires 3 (Quite crappy)

COD: MW2 (PC) and Black Ops (360)

Distant Worlds: Return of the Shaktri

Darkspace

Jumpgate

Allegiance

Eve Online (waste of money)

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident

Freespace 2

Free Lancer

Navyfield

Starpoint Gemini - Campaign not finished

Sins of a solar empire (all expansions)

ANY Star Trek games i might have played, including Star Trek online (Yawn)

Parkan 2

Lost Empire: Immortals - Recently Bought

Darkstar One - Recently Bought & Campaign not finished

Evochron Mercenary - Recently Bought

Homeworld 2

Graituosuifosuiofsujfoi Space Battles

Empire Earth 2

Star Shatter

Half Life 2

Company of Arms or whatever its called

Star Lancer

Star Ruler

Democracy 2

Majesty

Spaceforce Rogue Universe

Area 51

Air Rivals

Light of Altair

Spore

Armada 2526

Halo 1

Halo 2

Age of Empires 1 & 2

Civilization 2

Age of Mythology

GTA: Vice City

CNC: Generals

Space Rangers 2

...and about 30 more i can't recall

Games that I haven't played but want to:

Tarr Chronicles

The Tomorrow War

Star Wolves 3

Smugglers 4: Doomsday

Armada 2526 SuperNova

X-COM UFO Defense

Europa Universalis 3

Haegemonia Legions of Iron

----

I'm looking for some recommendations of games to play/buy. Unfortunately, i have little variety and only a taste in good games, here is what i'm looking for;

Space Simulation

Space MMORPG - Nothing fighter restricted (also FREE)

Space 4x/strategy games

Futuristic 1st shooters

I can probably only afford to buy 1 game as well since i hardly have any money.

It seem to me you suffer from a very short attention span, which may be the problem, rather than games being boring or bad.

However, concerning your list of wants:

-The Tomorrow War: Don't. I bought it very cheap on Impulse, and it's bad. Really, it's boring, buggy as hell, and the russian => english translation, as usual, is subpar. 3Ç was still too much for that game, as I could have spent that money on some great game on gog.com instead.

-Europa Universalis 3: if you buy it, be sure to buy the Chronicles version, which is EU3 + all expansions. As with all grand strategy games from Paradox Interactive, it only really shines with several years of bug fixes and gameplay improvements. It's a really awesome grand strategy game, but it's really a sandbox. You'll have to set your own goals, and depending on the country you start with, it be anything from surviving to world conquest. If you get bored of sandbox games quickly, you may want to try a demo (if any such thing exists for EU3) or that little illegal thing I resort to when there's no demo available before buying it. It's only 7Ç on gamersgate.com for a few days though.

-Smugglers 4: I don't know about 4, but I played smugglers 3, and it's an interesting little game with quite some replayability.

-Xcon Ufo defense: Well, if you can get past the DOS graphics, I can't recommend it enough. It's a very good game, very hard too, and has a very good replayability. It's probably very cheap on Steam, go for it.

The rest I don't know much about.

It seem to me you suffer from a very short attention span, which may be the problem, rather than games being boring or bad.

Eh. Games get boring after a while, especially if its dumbed down on replayability. I played X3TC for several weeks, but it just got boring. Not to mention the combat module started to get tiresome. I wanted something different. Even the mods could not offer me that. I may have a short attention span, but that's probably because i quickly zero in on the faults of the game. I'm really sensitive about my combat, and if the game cannot offer me decent combat, then yes, my attention span becomes very short.

-The Tomorrow War: Don't. I bought it very cheap on Impulse, and it's bad. Really, it's boring, buggy as hell, and the russian => english translation, as usual, is subpar. 3Ç was still too much for that game, as I could have spent that money on some great game on gog.com instead.

Oh well. I wouldn't mind the translation since i can speak russian.

-Europa Universalis 3: if you buy it, be sure to buy the Chronicles version, which is EU3 + all expansions. As with all grand strategy games from Paradox Interactive, it only really shines with several years of bug fixes and gameplay improvements. It's a really awesome grand strategy game, but it's really a sandbox. You'll have to set your own goals, and depending on the country you start with, it be anything from surviving to world conquest. If you get bored of sandbox games quickly, you may want to try a demo (if any such thing exists for EU3) or that little illegal thing I resort to when there's no demo available before buying it. It's only 7Ç on gamersgate.com for a few days though.

If it's a sandbox, i'm good to go. And yeah, i am going for Chronicles. Just need $2 more dollars on my GG account. God, they take forever accepting documents and people forget to solve their issues on game tutor /wrist

Still, even though you speak russian, I can't recommend that you buy the Tomorrow war. I'm a big space sim/game fan obviously, but this one just doesn't do justice to the whole genre.

If you are looking for spacesims; an excellent freeware game is Pioneer. It's built as a Frontier clone, but it really isn't. It has a lot of support and is pretty freakin' impressive.

I've had a lot of fun with The Precursors. It's a russian game and it's buggy, but what game isn't. Typical Privateer clone, but it has enough orginality to make it fun. Just make sure to patch it first.

There is always Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas. Best freeform FPS games out. Also, there is Oblivion, but I'm more of a Daggerfall and Morrowind freak. I just didn't get into Oblivion.

I've had a blast playing FFE-3D. Great directX port of Frontier: First Encounters.

Problem with Frontier is it's a great exploration game, but as a space combat game it's below standards. I've been playing it for years mainly to find interesting star system configurations, but that's about it.

Hmm, i might try Pioneer out some time in the future.

Right now i'm trying out Empire Universalis. Jesus. So much detail. The combat is a little "eh". I hate when the enemy retreats and it takes like 10 battles to wipe out a few units. Also the penalty on the attacker is kind of wrying my nerves.

As for those other games, Precursors will have to be at the bottom of my list until it's price drops down considerably. I'm also not into those middle-earth fantasy games. I've played too many to know that they are certainly not in my interest.

You can try out Tribes 2 which is (now) free. Its a futuristic FPS. It has a steep learning curve and most of the people who have played for 10 years or something, so eh. There is always Galactic Civilizations 2 which is a space 4x game, I forget but its something like $30 for all the expansions+the original.

You can try out Tribes 2 which is (now) free. Its a futuristic FPS. It has a steep learning curve and most of the people who have played for 10 years or something, so eh. There is always Galactic Civilizations 2 which is a space 4x game, I forget but its something like $30 for all the expansions+the original.

Yeah, i have the original game.

I stopped playing it after a while. I don't feel like buying the expansions unless they are worth it.

Oblivion was not a great game in combat but the story and whole game itself was great IMHO.

The sequel now in development, Skyrim, will have a more realistic ombat enviroment and the sotry seems to be even better.

Oblivion was not a great game in combat but the story and whole game itself was great IMHO.

The sequel now in development, Skyrim, will have a more realistic ombat enviroment and the sotry seems to be even better.

I guess Oblivion just didn't have the great dungeon crawls of Daggerfall and Morrowind. In Oblivion, all the caves, forts, and dungeons were pretty much all the same. Combat was pretty lame too, well at least the bladed combat. Spells were pretty effective, but the alchemy was basically nerfed from what it was in Morrowind.

Skyrim sounds like another Gothic 2 clone.

Hmm, if you're looking into great storylines and such, I recommend Witcher Enhanced Edition and its' sequel, Witcher 2, they are awesome RPGs, especially with the alchemy part and LONG story. There is a demo for witcher 1 if you want to check it out, it has full gameplay features and I suspect all the potions can be made, several quests and a part of the main quest. Apart from that, I'm at a loss as well regarding games and which I should invest in....

here it is: http://www.gamefront.com/files/9255264/The-Witcher-Demo/

Cheers

Hmm, if you're looking into great storylines and such, I recommend Witcher Enhanced Edition and its' sequel, Witcher 2, they are awesome RPGs, especially with the alchemy part and LONG story. There is a demo for witcher 1 if you want to check it out, it has full gameplay features and I suspect all the potions can be made, several quests and a part of the main quest. Apart from that, I'm at a loss as well regarding games and which I should invest in....

here it is: http://www.gamefront...e-Witcher-Demo/

Cheers

I totaly concur. Enjoyed the Witcher a couple of times and it's really a well done game.

Not an open world like Obliqion or Morrowind, you can go around quite a bit but the routes are pretty much those and the storyline is making you go about the same steps.

What changes are decision you make and effect they have in the long term in the game. I did it twice just to check alternate build of my character and endings/partial choices results.

I bought the first one, but I never made it past the first chapter. The game seemed to be on rails, and I never did much like the "point and click" combat model. I'm kind of weary about purchasing the 2nd one for the same reasons.

I might get around to playing the game one of these days.