Kerbal Space Program

ShoHashi

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after numerous launch pad explosions, I'm able to achieve orbit. Not a pretty orbit, mind you! I just have to modify my ship with more fuel, etc., to get my astronaut back down. Baby steps! Sooner or later I'll be able to reach my goal of landing on the moon and returning home safe.

There's a lot of cool videos on Youtube with moon landings and such.

-Sho

• 2 weeks later...

The good news is that I finally got my astronauts to the moon for a soft landing. The bad news is that they are stranded there without enough fuel to get off the surface.

I couldn't have gotten this far without the Mechjeb addon that helps out with autopiloting.

-Sho

I couldn't even get them to the upper atmosphere last time I tried.

Hehe....I can relate, SC. Mechjeb really makes the sim more enjoyable now.

I can concentrate on other ideas now. As I posted before, I have 3 astronauts still stranded on the moon. With Mechjeb, I think I'm going to try to come up with a plan of getting a ship there (without a crew), land next to the stranded crew, let them board it and get them back to earth.

-Sho

Canshow, there is a built in tutorial. Not the best, but it does give you an idea. Plus, there are some already built rockets saved if you don't want to create your own. I learned a lot from watching some Youtube tutorial videos on creating your rockets.

Hope this helps you.

-Mike

• 2 months later...

The new version was released late last month. They have added a bunch of stuff such as docking modules, space station parts, etc.

I finally got the new version of Mechjeb to work with it, so now'll I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get to the Mun and back. The last version, I had my kerbalnauts make it to the Mun surface, but they were unfortunately stranded there. I think with the new docking capabilities, it'll open up a lot more prospects.

-Sho