Any hints on how to win IA0201 or IA0202?

RichardCranium

• 3 weeks later...

Works just fine for me. Steve will always land. The key is to get to the extraction point and draw the enemy toward you. They will spend more time chasing after your team and less time engaging Steve.

Here is what the gist of the mission is (from the description)

YOUR OBJECTIVE IS TO EX-FILTRATE FROM THE BASE AND PROCEED TO THE EXTRACTION POINT DUE SOUTH OF BASE LAUNCH PAD

Do not make the mistake of sticking around. As soon as the mission starts, locate Steve's landing location on the map and make a beeline for it. You may have to stop a few times to engage higher AI snipers, but you should keep moving, then make your last stand at the landing site.

Snipers are the least of my concerns in the scenario. It's the rocket launcher armed Vanguards or that patrolling gunship that kill me. Every. Damned. Time. (Assuming that I don't just DJP out of there; then I live but can't win.)

(My squadmates will normally take out the enemy infantry for me. That gunship is a different beast.)

• 9 months later...

After a few more attempts, I think the big mistake is to not play this one in god mode. Even when I've done that, Steve and his ship get blown up shortly after landing from attacks by orbiting enemy aircraft who have decided to shoot at him rather than me.

A beeline takes you over/near the barracks. That's not survivable even with your two smoke grenades. I'm not seeing it.

• 5 years later...

Hello,

I hope it’s ok to revive this thread. 

i just purchased AAW last night and have tried IA0201 numerous times.  I pretty much get clobbered within minutes.  

I am constantly getting killed by an unseen enemy.  Or if I try to pick off enemy before advancing I get overrun.  

I am very unsure of tactics in the game.  But I will keep plugging away.  

Michael

• 9 months later...