Line of Defense Questions

BanditPlayer8

can we increase to 1000+ players. come on I want to play in chaos, extreme chaos, lots of people will like this. and I also want to lower the system requirements like/or make a lower graphics version for download, why?! I don't want to upgrade my videocard or have it overheat, and for the low end system people. also we should advertise on youtube with in-video advertisement we can draw in lots of players.

can we increase to 1000+ players. come on I want to play in chaos, extreme chaos, lots of people will like this. and I also want to lower the system requirements like/or make a lower graphics version for download, why?! I don't want to upgrade my videocard or have it overheat, and for the low end system people. also we should advertise on youtube with in-video advertisement we can draw in lots of players.

The SC has designed LoD with particular system requirements and features. If your computer doesn't have the system to requirements to play the game you'll have to either upgrade, attempt to play with your current system or don't play at all. :)

-Sho

No Just No. 256 is fine for the map size. PS2 tried the "size always matters" concept only to architect it so that the pop has to be sooo spread out to avoid performance problems they had to back off on what the original design was when players complained about lack of huge battles.

Edited the forum title to better suit the orderly presentation of the 3000AD forum. If, after reading all game information on the Line of Defense website, you still have questions, please post them here.

-Sho

• 4 weeks later...

The system requirements for the game are fixed and we're not going to change the game to suit lower requirements.

The game was designed in such as way that it is fun and plays well on the minimum requirements. This is why we segmented the game world to be 256 players per continent (we call them scenes). The planet Lyrius has four scenes, thus four continents. The space above has four scenes, so that's another four "continents". And that's per server.

Having 1000s of players is meaningless if you're only interacting with a handful. And given the size and complexity of the game world, the processing requirements outweigh the "fun" and benefits of such a system.