How to Play Universal Combat (any version) ONLINE

Hello everybody,

it's been a while since I didn't come to this forum, well I am here with a question for you :)

Recently I introduced Universal Combat series to a friend (scifi addicted just like me) and he seems to be enthusiast about the possibilities of UC (of course I said!)

Well we would like to play and roleplay together online and we was thinking about to buy the steam version of UCCE , but I read that that version has not the online multiplay...

So my simple question is:

today, which is the most recent Universal Combat game should we buy in order to play online together? And where to buy?

Of course if any other commander would join us during the future multiplay game...is welcome!

thanks in advance!

Hello ShoHashi,

thanks for your reply, I read the post but I can't find UCCE 1.0 to buy from the 3000ad  website...should I have to search through the web (amazon, ebay or else) to

find the right version? Or do we have some other option to buy?

Edit:
I have my original copy of Universal Combat, I was playing multiplayer some years ago but now it dosn't run anymore :( (win7 64bit) If i could be able to run it it would be ok anyway, I would let my friend buy Universal Combat just like me and we are done...

thanks a lot :)

As far as obtaining a copy of Universal Combat, I've searched and saw it on Amazon for about $10.  I didn't look on eBay though.  So, that's a place you could get a copy.  As far as running it on Windows 7, I'm not sure on that.  Just be advised that Universal Combat is no longer supported so you are kind of on your own in getting it to run on Window 7.

Does multiplayer not run or the game in general?

If it's the game, then you need to try to run it in different compatibility modes.

As for multiplayer I forgot lol. It's either you have to run your own servers, or running your own servers + using something like himachi.

I have Universal Combat "vanilla" version, not the Collector Edition or A world apart and I remember that I played it online years ago...but now, I just reinstalled it and I can't see the online option in the main menu.

The first strange thing is - during install process the game didn't ask for my serial code...anyway the install completed "succesfully".

another strange thing is that if I run the uc.exe file the game doesn't start at all, I had to find a nocd version of the exe in order to let it run but i still can't see the online or multiplayer option in the menu.

The game also ask for language.lan file that is missing , the workaround I found is to rename the english.lng file to language.lng file , then it runs.

But all those problems I think are very strange :( 

Before you ask, yes  my copy of UC Is original.

Send a ticket to http://www.3000ad.com/support/ . You are probably better off directly asking Derek about it though, tbh. Might want to ask Sho about the best way to contact him, as It might be quicker than waiting for him to come to the forums to respond to you. Just keep in mind there's no longer 'official' support for regular UC, so there's no guarantee you will get a satisfactory answer.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2017 at 3:49 AM, canshow said:

Send a ticket to http://www.3000ad.com/support/ . You are probably better off directly asking Derek about it though, tbh. Might want to ask Sho about the best way to contact him, as It might be quicker than waiting for him to come to the forums to respond to you. Just keep in mind there's no longer 'official' support for regular UC, so there's no guarantee you will get a satisfactory answer.

No don't. It's no longer supported and I am not going to mess with legacy games.

On 10/25/2017 at 5:10 AM, Skylee said:

Hello everybody,

it's been a while since I didn't come to this forum, well I am here with a question for you :)

Recently I introduced Universal Combat series to a friend (scifi addicted just like me) and he seems to be enthusiast about the possibilities of UC (of course I said!)

Well we would like to play and roleplay together online and we was thinking about to buy the steam version of UCCE , but I read that that version has not the online multiplay...

So my simple question is:

today, which is the most recent Universal Combat game should we buy in order to play online together? And where to buy?

Of course if any other commander would join us during the future multiplay game...is welcome!

thanks in advance!

The last version of UC to support multiplayer was the 2007 release of Universal Combat CE.

As the master server went offline years ago, the server browser won't work. So you have to connect to a hosting (local or remote) machine using the command line options.

I will be looking into adding multiplayer to UCTLC at some point in the very distant future, as time permits.

Until then, I will see if it is possible to add the full UCCE (2007) build to the Steam version of UCTLC as a separate UNSUPPORTED install.