The Wraith Massacre

Gallion

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[rp]March 16th 3008 0750

In his new quarters on the GCV conquest, flight engineer John Raffet paced up and down in a panic.

ÔÇÿI shouldnÔÇÖt have done that, it was stupid. Maybe I can stop anyone finding out. IÔÇÖve got to get back to the Dark Sun. How? How? Think! The shuttle bay, itÔÇÖs my only chance.ÔÇÖ

He set off purposefully, more in hope than expectation.



I just think its a bit of a liberty, dont you? Commented Karel Moranek, the Dark Suns (but now temporarily the Conquests) tactical officer, after having looked over the Conquests inventory.

ÔÇ£Nonsense,ÔÇØ replied Cmdr. Tepe┼í, ÔÇ£this is a fine ship, and in much better condition than the Dark Sun. Commander Dilvorn has been most generous, weÔÇÖll just send a shuttle back to Renegade for the extra supplies we need.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Yes, sir,ÔÇØ he replied grudgingly.

ÔÇ£Relax, Karl├¡k. ItÔÇÖs not every day you get to fly a wingÔÇÖs flagship- enjoy it.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£OK.ÔÇØ



ÔÇ£Shuttle one proceed to renegade station for supplies pickup.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Gah, already?ÔÇØ Sighed Flight Engineer Nick Hunter in disgust, ÔÇ£weÔÇÖve only just left.ÔÇØ He shook his head and sighed. ÔÇ£ Oh well, orders is orders.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Err, IÔÇÖll go for you, Nick,ÔÇØ piped John Raffet, trying to conceal his excitement.

ÔÇ£Will ya, John? Cheers!ÔÇØ he replied with obvious relief.

ÔÇ£YouÔÇÖll owe me a drink when I get back, you know,ÔÇØ warned John, pushing his luck, and secretly wincing inside.

ÔÇ£Hmmm,ÔÇØ Nick paused, considering whether he was on the right end of this transaction, before his lethargy got the better of him, ÔÇ£Aw, go on then, but just one.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll look forward to it,ÔÇØ grinned John.

ÔÇ£YouÔÇÖll need this,ÔÇØ offered Nick, throwing John a datapad containing the required cargo list, which he caught without breaking his stride.

ÔÇ£See ya, Nick.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Bye.ÔÇØ

John entered the shuttle and closed its cargo doors behind him, then leant against the wall of its cargo hold and heaved a huge sigh of relief.

ÔÇ£Oh, dear. Right, off we go.ÔÇØ

He moved through to the pilotÔÇÖs seat and started up the shuttleÔÇÖs engines. The low hum they made was barely audible in the cockpit.

ÔÇ£Shuttle one ready for launch.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Acknowledged. Shuttle 1, you are clear to launch.ÔÇØ

The little boxy craft gently rose from the shuttle bay floor and eased forward. There was an almost imperceptible hiss of air bleeding out along the sides of its hull as it passed through the limit of the guadran field that held the shipÔÇÖs atmosphere in place.

The view of the vast and beautiful infinity all around him, unblurred by atmosphere and relatively unrestricted by the shuttles large viewscreen, would have held him in awe were he not heavily focussed on the task before him.

0825 March 16th, 3008

ÔÇ£Reporting in, as ordered, maÔÇÖmÔÇØ Cmdr. Zwycky saluted with a grin.

ÔÇ£I should think so, too. YouÔÇÖre looking a lot better,ÔÇØ replied Linda Waddilove, the SvobodaÔÇÖs Chief Medical Officer

ÔÇ£I feel a lot better. I slept pretty well- that was good stuff you gave me!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Considering what was in you, IÔÇÖm not surprised.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£So what did the tests show?ÔÇØ

Well, your headaches were caused by a reaction to an artificial sweetener that was in the orange juice you were drinking, making it act like a sedative. Its been known to happen with people of a certain blood type,

ÔÇ£AO negative?ÔÇØ Interrupted Ben.

ÔÇ£Correct. It has been barred from most drinks, but there are a few less scrupulous manufacturers around, one of which probably supplied your drinks dispenser.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£They offered a pretty good price, no doubt.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Most likely. ThatÔÇÖs how most things get decided these days.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Well, thatÔÇÖs a relief. IÔÇÖll just bring some of the SvobodaÔÇÖs stock over to my office, and try to find the name of that manufacturer. IÔÇÖd better get back to work.ÔÇØ

0840 March 16th 3008

ÔÇÿBay 3, port 2. Right.ÔÇÖ

Upon arriving at docking bay 3, John went over to the maintenance scheduling console punched in a password and scrolled down to read:

----------------------

GCV Dark Sun : Maintenance completed 0825

----------------------

ÔÇÿGood, there shouldnÔÇÖt be anyone on board.ÔÇÖ

John walked up the long corridor to the airlock and used his identity key to open the hatch.



Ben reached the entrance to his office and paused before entering, apprehensive of the reception he would get.

ÔÇÿJust put it behind you and donÔÇÖt let it get in the way of working together.ÔÇÖ

He stepped forward and the double doors slid open. Emily looked up, first with a smile, then a look of concern

ÔÇ£Hi Ben. Are you OK?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Much better now- there was an illegal additive in the orange juice in my drinks dispenser. WeÔÇÖll need the name of the manufacturer who supplied us that, so we can see that legal proceedings are started against them. In the meantime, I can recommend these guys,ÔÇØ Ben added, ÔÇ£My ship keeps its speciality drinks stocked up from them whenever weÔÇÖre near earth. TheyÔÇÖre pretty good, and not too expensive.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll get on it. There are some messages and paperwork for you, which IÔÇÖve forwarded to your console, including a new Tactical Support Wing commander, who needs to be integrated into the fleet training program. Apparently heÔÇÖs an old friend of yours, a Commander Sedlacek?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£DonÔÇÖt know him. No, wait. Da- no, it couldnÔÇÖt be. Daniel Sedlacek?ÔÇØ Ben asked in wonder.

ÔÇ£His personnel file has been forwarded to your console.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Right. Thanks, Emily,ÔÇØ concluded Ben with a satisfied smile.

Anytime, Ben replied Emily with a smile, at which point Ben dropped his and entered his office. He sat down and looked at the personnel file. 2988 to It was! Ben quickly inserted his security key into the comms panel and opened a channel to the GCV Millenium

ÔÇ£This is Commander Zwycky. I would like to speak to Commander Sedlacek, please.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Certainly, sir,ÔÇØ replied a youthful female voice, ÔÇ£HeÔÇÖs been expecting your call.ÔÇØ

The features and form of his old school friend formed from the mist of light in front of him, still recognisable, but matured and hardened by the passage of time.

ÔÇ£Ahoj Daniele! Jak se mas? Bylo to moc dlouhe.ÔÇØ (Hi Daniel! How are you? ItÔÇÖs been too long.)

ÔÇ£No, dobre. Souhlasim, bylo to daleko moc dlouhe. Jak se vede?ÔÇØ (Yes, fine. I agree, itÔÇÖs been far too long. HowÔÇÖs life?)

ÔÇ£Zivot je dobry momentalne. Co jsi delal?ÔÇØ (LifeÔÇÖs good at the moment. What have you been up to?)[/rp]

I hope thatÔÇÖs good enough for ya there, Daniel. DonÔÇÖt feel like you have to carry on the conversation in czech, or anything. I wouldnÔÇÖt be that cruel smile.gif

More on John Raffet's exploits next post!

Well, everyone, I apologise for my rping absence of late. Once I get this pesky report done and dusted, hopefully within a couple of days, IÔÇÖll be able to get a bit more involved.

Later,

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISS08

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

ISS Fleet Recruiting Officer

Director, CIOPS Directorate of Training and Administration

Initiate - Order of Jade Dragon

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Svoboda Homepage

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

[This message has been edited by Ben Zwycky (edited 05-20-2000).]

[rp]

0834 March 16, 3008

GCV Millennium

Staring across from the black ebony table in the conference room, Daniel listens to one Ensign Michael Clark as he pleads his case for a transfer. Fifth one so far, I guess most of these people would rather be working out of the Sol System rather than in it, he thinks to himself. That or they won't think they'll get as far in their careers as they'd like too.Daniel really had no idea how the whole hierarchy went in ISS, but he'd adjust. He just can't help but wonder why these few crewmen couldn't.

He'd managed to get a good nights rest before all these conferences had been started, weeding out the people that don't want to be here, seeing how he had no real right to keep them here if they didn't want to be. Still, the procedings have done nothing but further sap up most of his remaining energy.

Still, five out of more than a hundred isn't as bad as he thought it would be. "Thank you, Mr. Clark. I'd advise you to reconsider transfer though, the only thing really changing around here is our fleet designation, but if your admant about transfering, I suppose I can't stop you."

"Yes, sir. Thank you for your time." The Ensign replies, snapping off a quick salute before leaving. As the door slides behind him, Daniel drops the data pad in front of him, rubbing his eyes, "Oh well," he mutters to himself, "It could be worse." He sighs and turns to a small speaker installed to his right, "Commander, we have a transmission from Commander Zwycky."

Ahhh, finally a familiar face, Daniel thinks. "Good, put it through to the conference room."

"Aye sir." Daniel turns in his seat, adjusting his uniform, only to see Ben's face pop up on one of the monitors, he smiles, and listens as Ben utters out some of the most confusing words he's ever heard.

ÔÇ£Ahoj Daniele! Jak se mas? Bylo to moc dlouhe.ÔÇØ

Daniel smiles sheepishly, pressing a button next to the monitor discretely to pull up a translation: 'Hi Daniel! How are you? ItÔÇÖs been too long.'

Daniel presses another button to have the translator output his speech into Czech.

"I'm doing alright for now, Ben. I've had about fifty decks worth of paperwork to sift through but I'm doing fine. It's been awhile, but how are you doing?" Heheheh... he thinks slyly, This little translator trick always worked on him in High School. He chuckles inwardly remembering when he put the translator on 'Binary' and watched as Ben had to decipher a rather long stream of one's and zero's for about a minute before he realized that the commlink was working just fine.

ÔÇ£No, dobre. Souhlasim, bylo to daleko moc dlouhe. Jak se vede?ÔÇØ Daniel looks at the translator quickly, 'Yes, fine. I agree, itÔÇÖs been far too long. HowÔÇÖs life?'

"Life is fine, no thanks to your cursed paperwork. How about you?"

ÔÇ£Zivot je dobry momentalne. Co jsi delal?ÔÇØ Translation: 'LifeÔÇÖs good at the moment. What have you been up to?'

"I'm ankle deep in transfer papers, but other than that, I'm up to absolutely and relatively nothing. I'd ask what your up to but it's probably not much better off than what I'm doing..."

Ben smiles, "Well, right now I'm in the process of sueing a drink manufacturer for putting an illegal additive in my orange juice."

Daniel winces, "I hope it was poison, for their sake."

Ben shakes his head, "Actually, it was artificial sweetener."

Daniel nods, "Mmmmhmmm... now your the Director of what in this fleet?"

Ben laughs lightly, "Just the CIOPS Directorate of Training and Administration. Your point?"

Daniel shakes his head, "Just asking, I thought you'd have something better to do, you know, super secret stuff. Rather than getting upset that your orange juice is sweeter than normal." Daniel listens as the small speaker next to him beeps again, "Commander, Crewman Shepard is here to see you."

Daniel presses a button on the speaker, "I'll be with him in a minute." He turns back to the monitor, "Ben, I've gotta go, this is the last appointment on my list for today, so I should be free around 0930. Feel free to give me a ring and we can meet somewhere if your not too busy.

Ben nods, "Alright, if I'm not busy I'll be sure to page you. By the way, how are the upgrades comming?"

"Slowly," Daniel adds, "My engineer wants to do it this way, and the technicians from the station want to do it that way. Progress is being made though."

Ben nods, "Just thought I'd make a note of it. Well, I guess I'll see you around."

Daniel nods, "Yeah, but knowing me, I'll be seeing you a lot sooner than you think."

Ben nods, "I'll be sure to change the access codes on all of my doors... Zwycky out." Ben's face disappears from the monitor, Daniel sighs, feeling a bit of renewed strength. He presses a button on the speaker, "Send him in."

The doors part, and in steps in Crewmen Shepard. Here we go again.

----------------------------------

0907 March 16, 3008

GCV Millennium

Engineering looks about as bad as if a OTS missile had detonated inside it. Deck platings had been torn off the wall, circuits laying on the floor, tools scattered about, and Logan Ross was in the center of it, "They say no one can hear you scream in space..." he growls, "I just might prove that to be wrong."

Logan looks around the chaos. The technicians have said that they only were going to upgrade the shields and weapons, they never said anything about tearing up half the ship to do it. In his almost 21 years in service, he never heard of destroying half of a ship in order to upgrade a system.

The station's technicians, having exercised their 'authority' on this operation, have practically slowed down the whole replacement operation by forty-five percent. And to make matters worse, they had sent in their newest batch of engineers! So Logan has had relatively no choice but to sit back and watch them rip his engine room to pieces. "By the time they're finished, I'll have to take it all apart and install these things the RIGHT way." He grumbles to himself, watching helplessly as one of the technicians drops a laser torch on the floor and accidently welds one of the loose bulkhead plates onto the floor. Logan covers his eyes, It's going to be a long day,he thinks with breathless anticipation.

[/rp]

Hope I played Ben's part right. And, in case you were wondering, I tossed in the last little entry just to let everyone know how the repairs are going. Will Logan grab an assault rifle and go postal on the technicians? Will Daniel ever be done with those interviews? Will Ben ever get a good glass of orange juice?! Stay tuned... smile.gif

------------------

Commander Daniel Sedlacek

GCV Millennium ISS16

Tactical Support Wing - ISS Fleet

ISS Homepage

Hazardous Conduct Homepage

"The general who advances without coveting fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do good service for his sovereign, is the jewel of the kingdom." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Sorry, Nick. Been trying to include everybody, and sort lost you in the confusion redface.gif

Give me a mail with your ideas and I'll fit you in

with humble apologies,

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISS08

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Svoboda Homepage

You cheater Daniel! smile.gif All these years I thought you had learned my language, only to find frown.gif

Nah, that was OK, made me laugh smile.gif

Here you go, everyone, the mole story is back online! Sorry about the delay, you wouldnÔÇÖt believe how busy things have been.

[rp] 0842 March 16th 3008

The hatch opened and John sneaked in and headed for the turboshaft. He selected deck one and the shaft hummed to its destination. Upon exiting the shaft he was surprised to hear voices in the distance and the occasional soft clicks and clanks of men at work. Upon turning the corner to the crew quarters he came across three men in nondescript overalls, two of them up a step ladder, working at an open panel in the corridor ceiling.

ÔÇ£Hey, what are you doing?ÔÇØ He asked interestedly.

ÔÇ£Upgrading data relays,ÔÇØ replied the man on the floor with the toolbox.

ÔÇ£Oh. The notice outside said you were finished 15 minutes ago.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£ThatÔÇÖs when the chief finished. He never checks when the rest of us finish, does he, eh?ÔÇØ He replied, looking up to the other two, who smirked and agreed.

ÔÇ£OK, IÔÇÖm just here to pick up a couple of things I left behind. IÔÇÖm a crewmember on the Dark Sun.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£ThereÔÇÖs really no need. YouÔÇÖll be getting your ship back either today or tomorrow.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Well, itÔÇÖs kinda important, and while IÔÇÖm here I may as well...ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Go on, then, we wonÔÇÖt stop you.ÔÇØ

As he walked past the stepladder, he looked up at the opening in the ceiling.

ÔÇÿThatÔÇÖs not where the data relays are, is it? WhatÔÇÖs that heÔÇÖs got in his hand?ÔÇÖ

With the recognition of the device held in the manÔÇÖs hand a sense of total shock came over him

What the?

Both men up the ladder looked down at him and recognised the look of shock on his face. Their expression changed to one that filled him with dread. One of them reached for his pocket, and John panicked, pushing over the stepladder and elbowing the toolbox man in the face as he charged past him, knocking him to the floor. He was at a full run before they had got back to their feet and were after him.

As he ran a couple of strange small objects flew past his left side and landed on the floor a few metres ahead of him, stopping instantly. As he ran past where they landed, he heard a faint hissing sound coming from them. Puzzled and even more frightened, he gained a new burst of speed and leapt round the corner, heading up the ship.

Whoever they were, they were quick. John could hear their footsteps slowly getting closer. He glanced over his shoulder. Two of them were about thirty metres behind him, with strange looking weapons in their hands, like a sidearm, but with a box on the end. They both raised them and fired. Two more of the strange objects came arcing towards him. He veered left to avoid them, they flew passed him and thudded into the wall ahead, where the corridor ended in a T-junction. As he approached the junction, he heard the same hiss, and saw the objects start to slide down the wall leaving scorch marks behind them. He dropped his right shoulder then went left in a vain attempt to throw them off course, but this only served to slow him down a little.

They were getting very close now. His breathing got faster and harder. The corridor came to another T-junction. John heard a couple of short whisper-like noises and instinctively ducked, guessing correctly that that was the sound of the weapons firing. Both projectiles flew over his head, thudded into the wall in front and began to hiss. Running whilst bent double is a difficult operation. Attempting to turn round a tight bend whilst running bent double is well nigh impossible, and John lost traction with his right foot, landed on his side and slid into the wall in front, directly below where the objects had impacted. He looked up and saw the molten pieces of metal starting to slide down the wall towards him, leaving a scorched trail behind them, then looked behind him at the two men who had been following, who barely looked out of breath. Terrified, he stretched out both arms in a gesture of surrender.

ÔÇ£IÔÇÖm sorry, I surrender, please donÔÇÖt kill me, Aghh!ÔÇØ he screamed as drips of molten metal landed on his overalls and burned right through, searing his exposed skin.

One of the men lined up his weapon.

ÔÇ£Wha- I surrender, noo!ÔÇØ as the weapon discharged its projectile into his stomach, half winding him. He tried to grab it and throw it away, but it was stuck fast. However, instead of hissing, it gave a soft repeated beep.

ÔÇ£Huh?ÔÇØ John was barely able to say before a jump anomaly formed in front of him and he was drawn into it and thrown out in a well-lit room with a large opening where one of the walls should have been. On the other side of the opening stood five very mean looking marines all with their assault rifles aimed right at his head. He raised his hands instantly and looked around the room. There was a bunk in each of the side walls and a food dispenser in the wall opposite the opening. As far as he could tell, he was in some sort of brig, though its design wasnÔÇÖt the same as the one in the Dark Sun. Once he was over the initial shock of still being alive, his left side began to sting more and more until he was in agony, and collapsed on the floor, unconscious.

0845, March 16th, 3008

ÔÇÿWhat a small galaxy!ÔÇÖ Ben thought contentedly to himself as he shut down his communication screen, then began thinking aloud,

ÔÇ£Right, back to work. What have we here? Report on administrative anomalies by Cmdr. Ivan Ketovski. Interesting reading, no doubt,ÔÇØ Ben told himself, not sure whether he meant that or not. His thoughts were interrupted by the urgent message from Cmdr. Jamont:

Hey, Ben, IÔÇÖve got myself a prisoner here. I think he may have something to do with the mole. Please send a message back to tell me what you think.

Ben nearly spat out his drink in shock, before hurriedly activating his secure comms terminal.

The familiar face of the head of the Intel wing appeared before him, looking a little impatient.

ÔÇ£What have you been doing, I sent you an urgent message two hours ago!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£IÔÇÖm really sorry, Nick. IÔÇÖve been ill, and I only just got your message. What have you got, I mean what did you catch him doing?ÔÇØ[rp]

I hope thatÔÇÖs OK for you, Nick. We need to have a chat about what you have planned. Give me a mail, or better yet we can have a chat on ICQ. My numberÔÇÖs in my signature.

Later,

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISS08

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Svoboda Homepage

This post was born of a very bad day.

1945, March 15, 3008

Lydan, Krynon

GCV Swiftsure

The fighting between the two battered Fleets had quelled once again. Even though decimated, the remnants of Wraith Fleet managed to fight valiantly, and save themselves from destruction again. For Benjamin Somerset, these had been the two most hellacious days of his life.

He stood on the bridge of the Swiftsure staring at the main view screen, but didn't even notice its prescence. Just like the entire bridge crew was present, but Somerset didn't even realize they were there.

In the past two days, the entire world that Benjamin knew had been turned on its head and gone from normal to something that was more surreal than anything else.

The Great Fleet called Wraith he knew was now in tatters, fighting for its life, and would most likely fail. In the back of his mind he had always thought that he and his ship would make it through this alive. And now, after seeing so much destruction, so much death, the conviction he had held was slipping through his fingers...like so much else in his life.

During the few moments he had been able to steal away from the bridge to his ready room, he got a message from Jessica that was in the Artemis download. He opened it with a smile, until he heard the playback. It was even worse than he could ever have expected. After the message was over he could only sit back in his chair and watch in his mind's eye as she tore his heart out and threw it to the decksole. He hadn't ever seen the like of it before. The shortest comm message he had ever heard. All he could do was play it over and over again in his mind. She would look at him with tears in her eyes as she simply said;

Ben, it's really tough for me to say this, but I have to. I just can't do this anymore. Even though I love you, I just don't believe in us anymore. I want a divorce.

Benjamin could only sit in that chair in his ready room, feeling numb. He didn't know what to think, or what to feel about it. Even with the new War, he always thought that they would be together forever. Now it was all falling apart, over two light-centuries away, and there was nothing he could do. And for the first time since his CO Angelique Trouseau was brutally killed, Benjamin Somerset broke into tears and cried.

When Benjamin finally returned to the bridge, no sign of his tears remained. The emotional mask he had cultivated over the years was firmly in place. Even so, his senior officers had been with him for far too long to not notice something was wrong. Most of them wanted to ask, but none said anything. They all sat and looked at the Commander, who now had more than his ship and crew riding on his shoulders. Now he had a burden that couldn't go away. The burden that the woman he loved was going to leave him.

And so, the stoic Commander stood ahead of his chair with a silence like no other pervading the bridge. It was the silence of a man who only had his command, and his duty left to him. The only two things that mattered anymore. And Ben promised to himself We're going home. And damn anyone who stands in our way.

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

Stationed, *Starstation Wrath

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way." - John Paul Jones

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

Dragon - Order of the Jade Dragon

Prime Fleet Liason Officer

Guest Cmdr Josh Dilvorn

0854 March 16, 3008

Josh found himself in a long, dimly lit corridor. Below his feet, the deck plates were lose. Giving slightly as he moved forward. Above him, wiring was swinging freely from the ceiling. Sparking intermittently. Ahead, he could here a dull rhythmic thumping. It was becoming louder and louder as he moved forward. Suddenly, off to the side, movement caught his eye. He instinctively stooped and turned. Nothing. The hair on the back of his neck was raised. He could still hear the thumping ahead. As he continued, he noticed a bluish glow coming from the other side of what seemed to be a doorway. Josh picked up his pace. The noise was becoming deafening. He reached the doorway and turned.

The light made Josh squint. The computerized alarm caused a ringing in his ears. He sat up, reaching over to turn the alarm off. His skin was clammy and he could feel beads of sweat on his forehead. ÔÇ£The time is zero nine zero three standard Earth time. Good morning.ÔÇØ The computer sounded a little too cheery. It didnÔÇÖt make the Commander feel any better. He hoped that a hot shower and a strong cup of black coffee would perk him up.

Fifteen minutes later, Josh walked into the Chief engineerÔÇÖs office. As he entered the reception area, the secretary looked up, ÔÇ£Commander, go right in, the ChiefÔÇÖs waiting for you.ÔÇØ

Josh nodded as he walked across the room and entered the ChiefÔÇÖs office. ÔÇ£Ah, Commander Dilvorn, please, have a seat.ÔÇØ

As Josh sat, he looked straight at the Chief and spoke, ÔÇ£How are things going with the Dark Sun, Chief?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£I figured that would be your reason for wanting to meet with me. But anyway, I have nothing but good news. All upgrades have been completed as of 0825 this morning.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Very good chief, not as far over schedule as I was expecting.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Thankyou, sir. I think.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Has Commander Tepes been informed yet?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Not yet sir. It has been rather busy around here lately and we simply do not have the resources to spare for what is essentially a low priority task.ÔÇØ

Josh was becoming agitated by the ChiefÔÇÖs tone of voice, he stood to leave, ÔÇ£Very well, leave that to me. I wonÔÇÖt keep you any longer.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Good day, sir.ÔÇØ

Josh left the office, the door gliding closed behind him. Off to his left, the secretary caught his eye. She was trying to reach something on one of the high shelves of a cabinet. Josh walked over behind her, ÔÇ£Let me get that for you.ÔÇØ As he reached up, his hand briefly brushed her long blonde hair. He caught the brief aroma of her perfume. Stepping back he handed over the box that he had retrieved from the shelf. Aspirin. ÔÇ£Thank you commander.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£My pleasure,ÔÇØ he replied with a smile, ÔÇ£but I must be going now.ÔÇØ He headed for the door. Hesitating for a moment, and then left.

0931 16 March, 3008

Back in his temporary quarters Josh sat down at his terminal and opened a secure comms channel to Ben Zwycky. ÔÇ£Ben, it Josh here.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Ah, Josh. What can I do for you?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£IÔÇÖve just got back from a meeting with the stationÔÇÖs Chief Engineer. He has informed me that all upgrades on the Dark Sun were completed at 0825. Have you heard anything about the special modifications?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£In fact I have. Ron Ryker contacted me not long ago. It appears there was a bit of an incident aboard the Dark Sun earlier this morning.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Perfect. What happened?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Well I donÔÇÖt have many details at the moment, Ron was in a hurry. But I do know that it involved one of the Dark SunÔÇÖs crew who is now in a holding cell at CIOPS.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Has he been interrogated yet.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Not really, but from what I can tell. HeÔÇÖs not speaking to anyone.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Seems a little suspicious to me, Ben. Keep me informed.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Will do. Bye.ÔÇØ

The commlink went dead. Josh called up the station's docking schedule on his terminal. He had a pretty good idea on how that rampant crew member got here. He typed in the search string ÔÇ£conquestÔÇØ and the screen displayed the following results:

code:

:RENEGADE STATION DOCKING SHEDULE:

Total 1 record found current,

-----

300803160840 CONQUEST_SH02

Details: Collect supplies

Departure: NA

-----

Interesting. Josh opened a comms channel to the dock master in docking bay three. A young sounding voice answered, ÔÇ£Bay three.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£This is Commander Dilvorn, prepare the ConquestÔÇÖs shuttle for departure as soon as possible.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Sir, yes sir. IÔÇÖll see to it myself.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Very well.ÔÇØ Josh closed the channel and left his quarters, heading for the docking bay.

0947 16 March, 3008

As the ConquestÔÇÖs shuttle cleared RenegadeÔÇÖs docking bay, Josh accessed the main computer. He had ordered Commander Tepes to patrol the Alpha Centauri system so he should be able to locate the Conquest quite easily. According to the flight plan that Tepes filed, by the time Josh reached the Alpha Centauri region, the Conquest should be in the Tramis region. Josh laid in the course and set the controls to auto-pilot. He then sent an encrypted message to Ben:

code:

==========

TO: Ben Zwycky

==========

En route to GCV Conquest. ETA aprox 45 minutes.

==========

------------------

Commander Josh Dilvorn

GCV Conquest ISS06

Defense Wing Commander - ISS Fleet

ISS Homepage GCV Conquest Home

"Honour is what no man can give you, and no man can take away"

[This message has been edited by Cmdr Josh Dilvorn (edited 05-31-2000).]

Guest Robert De Bruce

i]1926, March 15, 3008

Lydan, Krynon

De Bruces head swung upwards. The corridor had gone from a dull blue light to a dull red one and klaxons sounded from all around. Although the commanders Gammulan was hopeless he knew the sounds of a fellow commanders last efforts to prevent the ultimate disgrace. God knows he had run through the same situations a million times in the simulator before. He knew he only had minutes to act but luckily the time wa already planned. De Bruces grin widened as he raised his commlink to his face...

"This is Commander Robert De Bruce. Begin Evac Gamma. Alfa and Beta teams to shuttles. Delta team to the ship."

"Phissss... This is Raistrick. Ready on your mark. Evac underway..."

"Roger Lt." De Bruce replied.

Seconds later Commander Robert De Bruce was on board Shuttle SC2, still towing the damaged Event Horizon across the galaxy. "Report survivors?"

"This is the Security Officer - we have control of a Gammulan Shuttle captured from ther enemy craft as ordered sir. Am returning with 6 marines."

De Bruces emotional control was impeccable. There had been 20 experienced marines in that team, which means at least 5 or 6 were probably still trapped on the Gammulan vessel. The same story was worse from the other teams, charged with the task of holding of Gammulan evacuees from the shuttle bay until the prize had been captured. 'Damn the orcestrators of this unholy war' though De Bruce. 'I WILL end it' "Signal the GCV Swiftsure that we have control of a gammulan shuttle. If they have the fireworks we can supply the crew. We're going for the jackpot - the command cruiser!"

"Aye aye Captain - message away..."

[RP/off]

Right Mr. Somerset - you want a way to end the war? I have a shuttle if you can use that? He he he...

------------------

EarthCOM Officer Robert De Bruce

ECV Event Horizon

15th EarthCOM Planetary Force, Sigma Group.

"And he stept out of the darkness and into the light..."

[RP]

0910 March 16, 3008

GCV Millennium

The doors to engineering slide open, and Daniel steps in, observing the rather chaotic nature of the room. He spots his Chief Engineer sitting at his console, glaring at the repair techs.

"Madness, complete madness..." he mumbles under his breath, looking up to Daniel as he approaches.

Daniel looks around once more, sighing deeply, "I'm almost afraid to ask but... how are things going, chief?"

Logan just shakes his head, "I'll kill every last one of them if I have to re-wire anything," he hisses. "It's bad enough that they won't install it properly, but its another thing entirely when they won't follow my orders."

Daniel raises his eyebrows, "Why won't they do that, Chief?"

"The head technician over at the base ordered it, seeing how they think it'll get done quicker and more efficiently..." Logan watches as a few techs walk by, lugging around one of the new shield capacitors on a hovercart. "I swear, anymore stress and I'll..."

Daniel raises his hand to silence the thought, he puts his hand on the Chief's shoulder, "Don't worry chief. I'm sure they'll do a good job." Logan stands up from his perch at his console, "I don't know about that Commander," he replies.

"Come on, Chief, lets get away from this hazard zone and go get ourselves something to eat. I'm starving."

Logan nods, "Yeah, I guess I could go for some breakfast." The two walk through the doors to engineering, "What do you think they'll be serving in the mess?"

"Forget the mess, the base probably has better food." The doors slide shut, and Daniel makes a left, heading for the airlock.

A few crewmen scuttle down the hallway, comming and going from the station, using the downtime to get some food, rest, and relaxation before the next mission. Logan and Daniel step through the airlock and onto the base's docking area, taking a look around.

The large room seems to be quite busy with marines standing gaurd, techs hauling equipment, and dock workers transfering cargo. "Now this is a bit more like it," Daniel says, noting the luxuriously wide corridors, "If I were claustrophobic, I'd keel over and die the second I stepped onto the Millennium."

Logan nods in agreement, and the two walk along the corridor, glancing out the large viewports revealing the speckled white backdrop of outer space. The two move on, finding a small little establishment that serves breakfast and drinks.

They both take a seat, and begin to talk about anything and everything. Anything other than work.

[/RP]

Sorry I haven't posted lately, just got out of school, been relaxing the past week, to recoop from school smile.gif. My dad has to go to some job training thing in Charlotte, NC, so I'll be out of town for about a week, give or take a day. See everyone later!

------------------

GCV Millennium ISS16

ISS Homepage

"The general who advances without coveting fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do good service for his sovereign, is the jewel of the kingdom." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I'll try to catch up a little.

[rp]

1942, March 15, 3008

In Orbit around LV-103, Alpha Cygni

Commander Tringad looked out the bridge viewer towards LV-103, and sighed. This would not be easy.

Tringad was to contact an undercover Dragon, once on the surface. They would meet at a predetermined location and then proceed to a safehouse, if any were left after what the Gammulans did.

1957, March 15, 3008

On the surface of LV-103, Alpha Cygni

Tringad took in his surroundings. He stood in an old building, dust all around him. The light inside the building was dim, but Tringad could still see his team around him.

Tringad had beamed down with two marines. They were to make thier way to the rondezvoues point, and then to the safehouse. Once there, the coordinates would be encrypted and sent to the Humble Pie so the remaining marines could be sent down.

They found the door and stepped out into the sunlight.

[/rp]

Gallion, I'll try and get up with you about where to go from here.

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

Vice Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet

Tactical Support Wing Commander - ISS Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Strategic Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

- Award for Gallantry

"Honor and courage, above all else"

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Black Falcon Homepage

Staff Member at RPGClassics.com

[rp]

The story on the arrest of my comms officer..

It began 3 weeks ago...

Cmdr. Jamont to Comms officer

Hey what's up ?

Eeerr hello commander , how's things?

All is good now that the iss is doing great.

well i gotta go see ya later.

(thinking: mmm why is he so nervous?)

With the whole mole thing i don't trust many people no more.

Computer check all outgoing messages , logs, or other files.

Computer : Checking +-+-+-+-+

unidentified logs in outgoing system.

checking sub routines..

file is crypted...

decrypting.......................

file from Comms Officer to unkown source...

What the heck?

damnit this can't be happing on my ship.

Security !!!

yes sir?

Arrest the comms officer.

Yes !!

[/rp]

The rest of the story you now

P.s. fleet leader i need some personnel under my wing.

Commander Nick Jamont.

GCV Prophecy IV, ISS05

Intel & Espionage Wing Commander - ISS Fleet

• 3 weeks later...

[rp]Ben listened to NickÔÇÖs account of the events leading up to the arrest and detention of his comms officer.

ÔÇ£This is bad,ÔÇØ he summised.

ÔÇ£Tell me about it. HeÔÇÖs been a trusted member of my crew for the last year and a half. Some of the bridgecrew have taken this hard.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£I donÔÇÖt blame them. When did this transmission take place?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£just over two and a half hours ago now.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£OK, do you think you could let Briggs in to your system logs, he might be able to trace where that transmision went.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£OK, IÔÇÖm opening a secure line.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Briggs, get on it.ÔÇØ

Ready when you are. OK, system trace- theres the transmission, wheres the confirmation referencegot it. Right, lets go there, and try that Hmm. Shame. Lets try the energy signature, OK, thats better, and the harmonics, yeah, thats my girl. Sir?

ÔÇ£Yes?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£IÔÇÖve got something. The confirmatory signal was pretty srambled, so I canÔÇÖt be precise, but the transmission was made to a small craft in Jupiter, probably a shuttle, but I canÔÇÖt tell you what type or IFF.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£ThatÔÇÖs good enough, good work. OK, lets bring up the TACOPS logs relayed from the jupiter probe, starting at time index 0635 today.ÔÇØ

The screen showed an empty jupiter system.

ÔÇ£LetÔÇÖs zip through this. We donÔÇÖt want to give them any more of a headstart than we have to.ÔÇØ

They both watched as the time index whirred past.

ÔÇ£Hey, what was that? Go back a little and play it back a bit slower.ÔÇØ

They both watched carefully as a T3 Shuttle, marked as a terran mercenary came through the wormhole from Lyrius, waited round by the wormhole entrance and then turned and disappeared back through. Time index: 0642.

ÔÇ£Keep going forward through the logs. See if there were any other vessels. Nick?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Yeah?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£We think weÔÇÖve got something. There was a Terran merc T3 shuttle that came into Jupiter from Lyrius and headed back after waiting around for a while. It fits the signal trace, but weÔÇÖre checking for other candidates.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Nothing but a Terran military Tarin Mark 1 until 0714 and that one came from Pluto.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£You hear that?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Yep, weÔÇÖll get after them and see what we can dig up.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£WeÔÇÖre probably a bit too late. Sorry about that.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Next time IÔÇÖll go without you.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£You do that. Good hunting.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£IÔÇÖm sending the prisoner over to you with escort in one of my shuttles. See that heÔÇÖs not made comfortable. Jamont out.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£RodÔÇÖll have a nice cell ready for him. Zwycky out.ÔÇØ

The comms screen went blank and Ben puffed his cheeks with a loud sigh.

PffffI dont know. What could make someone do that?

ÔÇ£DonÔÇÖt know, sir. Must be have been a pretty high price. Makes you wonder just how many moles there are.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£What do you mean?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£He didnÔÇÖt have the clearance or access or know-how to do any of the stuff we found done to the station system. Looks to me like he was there to find out how much we know.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£So the major operative is still around. Still, at least we have a few leads. Back to work we go!ÔÇØ

Ben went back to his terminal and drew up the next item on his agenda. As Briggs went back to work, he could hear Ben getting more and more disappointed and frustrated behind him

ÔÇ£WhatÔÇÖs the matter with this thing?!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Sir?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Oh, itÔÇÖs this ÔÇÿreportÔÇÖ by Ketovski. ItÔÇÖs just an index of files, none of which seem to exist.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Give it to me, sir. If they exist, IÔÇÖll find them.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Hmmph. IÔÇÖve been in my office for half an hour and I already have a headache! This is gonna be a long day.ÔÇØ

[/rp]

Sorry for my long absence. LetÔÇÖs get things rolling again!

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISS08

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Svoboda Homepage

Hey it has been a while sorry. But, I back rollin along here. wink.gif

[Rp] 01000 March 16 3008

Comm. Ryker was sitting at his console going over last minute tuning of the Dark Sun's surveillance devices, when his sectary Lt. White buzzed his central Comm link.

"Commander?" "Yes, Lt." "Lt. Comm. Greyson is here to see you he says it is urgent."

"Thank you, send him in, I have been expecting him."

The doors to Comm Rykers office slid open and Greyson walk in, looking somewhat tense as frustration etched across his face.

"At ease Greyson, have a seat." "What have you got for me?" asked Comm Ryker" "Sir, either I am losing my touch or something is really out of the ordinary here." "What do you mean?" "Well, as soon as Ensign Raffet woke up from being transferred to the holding cell. Chief Ycheck the chief security officer and myself did our piliminary interview. This is one clamed up flight engineer. I think he is scared out of his mind."

"Do you think that he has anything to do with the mole investigation?" "I am not sure Sir?" "My impression is that something else maybe going on, but I am not sure what?"

"Well, lets just take a look and see who flight engineer Raffet is."

Comm. Ryker turned to his terminal inserted his security key, typed in his password. Up came the menu screen. Ron typed in the correct information to gain access to fleet personal files. The computer requested voice clearance, Comm. Ryker repeated, "Comm. Ryker Delta 2 Delt2 Omega." Voice clearance accpeted. Ron typed in Ensign John Raffet Flight Engineer GVC Dark Sun. Within seconds Raffet's personal file was displayed.

"Greyson." "Yes Sir?" Make Mr. Raffet comfortable and see if we can calm him down a bit. That will give me some time to go over his file and I will meant you in Chief Ychecks office in about an hour."

"Yes sir, consider it done sir."

" Oh, and clean yourself up some you look like hell. "

"Yes Sir chuckled Greyson with a smurky grin as he turned and left Comm. Ryker's office."

Comm. Ryker turned his attention back to his terminal screen. Let's see what we have here!

[Rp]

Ben I will be out of town the rest of the week do to work I'll try and finish up this weekend. Anything particular that you or Josh want email and let me know.

---------------

Comdr. Ron Ryker

GVC Olympus II

Director, CIOPS Directorate of Operations

OK, I know I have been negligent in my duties here, so I am trying to make amends, Gallion or whoever is running the major story line here, if they have any ideas on where they want me to pick up, I'm game. I guess I'll have to beg. Show some mercy on a Fleet Commander, most of you know the reasons why I have been away. Anyway let me know where to start making my amends and getting back into the good graces of you all.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Jeehun Ristar

GCV Shogun, ISS02

Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet/CIOPS

Shogun of the Dragon Council – Order of the Jade Dragon

-Commander’s Shield

ISS / CIOPS Fleet Home Page

I'm sure we can find it in our hearts to forgive you, Richard smile.gif"><P>I------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

Vice Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet

Tactical Support Wing Commander - ISS Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Strategic Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

- Award for Gallantry

"Honor and courage, above all else"

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Black Falcon Homepage

Staff Member at RPGClassics.com

Now you guys are back, I'm going away frown.gif! to the Czech Republic for a couple of months smile.gif!

Sorry I didn't get to post

Will be unable to post for at least two weeks methinks (my bus leaves in less than two hours now) but will try my best to be more involved after that

I can be reached at

[email protected]

when I get access again

Later all,

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISS08

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Svoboda Homepage

[rp]

2000, March 15, 3008

Undetermined Location, Gammulan Quadrant

The Handler was nervous. Lack of information and current status of the Operation made the Gammulan War Council member nervous and on edge. He had already terminated the existence of two brearers of bad news. A third awaited his attention outside his chamber door.

The offensive was bogged down in Lydon. Wraith Fleet resistance in Lydon was stronger and more effective than pre-offensive intelligence estimates. Then the unexpected Mandorian entry into the fray put yet another damper into the offensive. Gammulan Warships remaining in the Gammulan Quadrant that can be spared were in the process of redeployment to Lydon.

Then there was the HandlerÔÇÖs Operation that could be key to the offensiveÔÇÖs success. Elimination of the target would seriously hamper the Terran defense in Lydon and in Sol. Although the Operation was not crucial to the Gammulan offensive effort, it was an unknown radical that could determine the outcome of future Gammulan endeavors.

The Handler decided to quit worrying about what he could not directly control and signel the waiting messenger to enter his chamber. A nervous young Gammulan errand-boy entered the War Council members chamber and waited patiently for the occupants attention. With any luck, the messenger would survive this delivery but for some reason, the messenger did not think he would as the Handlers attention focused on him and the message he held in his hands

2010, March 15, 3008

Lyndon, Krydon

Fleet Commander Londono received good news for the first time since the beginning of the slaughter. GALCOM had finally responded to his warnings and cries for relief and help ÔÇô they acknowledged receipt of previous communiqu├®s. His mission was now to delay the Gammulan forces for as long his forces could and then withdraw ÔÇô read retreat by Londono ÔÇô to the Lyrius system. Lyrius would be the location of GALCOMÔÇÖs counter-offensive.

Two major obstacles stood in the way of Fleet Commander LondonoÔÇÖs latest mission orders.

• Wraith FleetÔÇÖs remaining strength andÔǪ

• Getting what remained of his Fleet through the Insurgent stronghold in Antis.

Then there was the mission Delta Wing that continued to gnaw within his craw. History had once again repeated itself, for reason or reasons unknown, Delta Wing was once again MIA from combat. Londono didnÔÇÖt have time to worry about the missing Delta Wing; an important message waited his attention. A message that just might pull his and what little remained of Wraith Fleet out of the frying pan and fire that Lyrius had become.

The Kandorians were about to enter the fray ...

2009, March 15, 3008

LV-103, Alpha Cygni

GCV Graf Spee

The Corsair masquerade was working and Gallion knew that things were going to well to be true or to last for much longer. The Graf Spee had been queried several times already be numerous Gammulan Warships heading out of Falkyrie space for places and parts unknown.

Initial reports from the Humble Pie indicated that TringadÔÇÖs mission on LV-103 was on schedule and proceeding as planned. Gallion had no idea what that mission was all about. He only knew that something was up and he had a hunch that he and the Graf Spee would be needed more here than in the fracas in Lyndon.

2010, March 15, 3008

Lyndon, Krydon

Bridge, GCV Shogun

Fleet Commander Ristar read the incoming message from GALCOM. Wraith Fleet was to delay the Gammulans for as long as they could then execute a tactical redeployment of forces to Lyrius. Ristar saw his window of opportunity and relayed his intentions to Fleet Commander Londono. RistarÔÇÖs plan was simple. Whilst the Gammulan forces were occupied with Wraith Fleet, the Shogun would cloak and extricate from Lydon to LV-103.

2010, March 15, 3008

MedBay, GCV Shogun

Hari was recovering from his wounds well and would be released from the Medbay in several hours to resume his duties aboard the GCV Shogun ÔÇô on a limited scale. Little did the cerw of the Shogun what HariÔÇÖs real duty was ÔÇô terminate the target. Patience was the virtue that Hari needed to cultivate and groom. He had all the time in the Galaxy to accomplish his mission as he began to formulate his plan.

[/rp]

Ok, I be back into the fray once again.

TTFN

------------------

Commander Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

*1st Squadron, *Corsair Wing

Stationed, *Starbase Cerberus

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270, EST (GMT-5)

=Wraith Fleet=

Second in Command, Wraith Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 07-21-2000).]

[Rp]

01045 March 16 3008

Comdr. Ryker looked intently at the computer monitor, studying the records of Engineer Raffet. This doesn't make any sense Ryker thought to himself. He appears to be an excellent crewmember. Only a few minor infractions but nothing of major proportions. Oh! Wait, what's this? An impending infraction for fraternizing with a crewmember. And disobeying a direct or from a soupier officer? Now what is this all about? I think it is time that Raffet and talk.

Comdr. Ryker copied Raffet's personnel record on a small diskette and placed it a small pocket sized computer database. Ryker gathered up some other personals walked toward to double sliding doors to his office. Lt. White was busy at her console typing.

"Comdr. Ryker can I help you?" " No, Lieutenant I am on my way to the holding cell to meet Lt. Comdr. Greyson. I need to clear up some things down there, I should be back around 1300 if you like you may take an early lunch. Will you please let Greyson know that I am on my way? "Yes Sir and thank you Sir". Ryker walked out of his office and down a long hallway passed through some doorways and up to a computer console in front of a secure doorway. Ryker placed his Rt. hand on a white panel next to the door. A red bar light passed vertically reading Rykers hand, a computer voice announced that clearance was granted and the doors opened. Ryker walked inside and sat down in a large black command chair took a card from his pocket and slide it into a slot on the console. The door closed and the lights on the console came on. A protective sheld moved horizontally in front of Ryker revealing the space way in front of him. "Good morning Comdr. Ryker. What is your destination?" Detention Block three please. "Computing." The space way surged forward as the lights passed swiftly by Comdr. Ryker thought how best to handle Raffet.

01100 March 16 3008

The space way came to halt. "Detention block three," the computer announced. Ryker took out his computer card the consoles dimmed and the door opened. Ryker walked out into a hallway walked by to marine guards. Ryker walked passed several corridors as the hallway came to and end. Ryker was standing in front of double doors with detention office 3 written across the door in black bold letter. There was a numeric pad on the right of to double doors Ryker typed in several numbers and pushed the clearance button. "Please give voice clearance." "COMDR. RYKER DELTA, DELTA OMEGA 3366" responded Ryker. The doors opened and as Ryker walked in Security Chief Ycheck and Lt. Comdr. Greyson were both sitting at the desk going over some papers.

"Sir," both Ycheck and Greyson stood up. " At ease gentleman." "Is Raffet in the interview room?" "Yes Sir, the chief responded." "Did you find out anything Sir?" Greyson asked." "Not really. It appears that Raffet is a good crewmember. He only has a couple of minor infractions but nothing to speak of. But, I did find the he has some pending infractions of fraternization and disobeying a soupier officer. Which doesn't make muck sense. I think this maybe nothing more than a love crazed engineer who got scared but I want to make sure and clear up some things. " "I see Sir." Chief Ycheck stood and walked over to a door at the end of the office. He pulled a security key form his pocket and slide it in a keypad to the right of the door. "Greyson come with me I want you with while we question Raffet and clear this mess up." "Yes, Sir."

[Rp]

Sorry guys something-just came up so I'll have to finish latter.

Comdr. Ron Ryker

GVC Olympus II

Director, Directorate of Operations CIOPS

[This message has been edited by Rod_G (edited 07-22-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Rod_G (edited 07-22-2000).]

RP: On

1112 March 16, 3008

GCV Millennium

"Ease us out of port, and bring us towards the debris field," Daniel said, as his helmswoman obidiently complied. The Millennium bumped along slightly, casting off it's ties to ISS Station, and maneuvering towards the systems local debris field.

Daniel reaches over and presses a button on his command chair, "Engineering, are the weapons systems on-line yet?"

"Yes sir," replies a young voice, "We'll be ready for test firing in about 10 minutes." Daniel smiles, he 'accidentally' left his chief engineer on the base, Logan had had enough stress for one day, so Daniel had decided to leave port while Logan was busy dragging the base's technical crews off the ship. Any more stress for that man, and his hair will fall out.

"ETA?"

"4 minutes," Rodgers replies, looking at her sensor screen, "Shall I pick out a nice large rock to blow up?"

Daniel shakes his head, "No, I think Mr. Meyers can handle that. Lieutenant, whats the status of the weapons?"

"Well, interfacing the new tracking computers with our older equipment was a little tough, but I'm sure all the bugs have been worked out. Capacitors are comming on-line now, we'll be ready to fire once we're in range."

"Good," Daniel says, watching a large band of tumbling rocks and debris tumbling through space loom closer to the Millennium as she approaches the debris field.

"Approaching optimal range of the debris field, sir," Rodgers says, easing her hands over the console to bring the ship to a full stop.

Daniel flicks a button on his chair, then opens a comm channel, "Tracking stations, lock on to 3 targets within your firing arc's, we'll do a timed test on the new weapon recoil's and recharge rates... and on your reflexes of course."

Daniel waits until he gets confirmations from all of his gunners to acknowledge to orders, "Fire on my command." Daniel glances at a small display of to his left. A small tactical display picks up all of the tracking station's targets, all of them small, stationary asteroids. I hope this upgrade was worth it, he thinks to himself. Normally it would take the older systems about 4 seconds to destroy all of targets.

"Fire." Quick bursts of light flash on the viewscreen as the turrets open fire, tracking their targets. The gunners move quickly, firing once, and then moving on to the next target, a time-saving, but sloppy way to cleansweep an area of stationary targets, such as mines, debris, and in this case, asteroids. "Time?"

Lieutenant Meyers smiles, "2.4 seconds sir."

"Good job gunners, you may stand down." Daniel glances back at Lieutenant Meyers, "Ready main guns."

"Main guns ready, at your command."

"Target that..." Daniel's eyes scan the debris field, resting on the hull of an abandoned freighter... or at least it was a freighter, judging by the weapon scars, it was damaged beyond repair, "That freighter."

"Aye sir. Target locked."

Daniel nods, "Fire."

The main guns let loose two cohesive balls of bright red energy. The blast impacts on the freighter's hull, melting through whats left of it's armor, and vaporising everything else. The shot continues through the hull until it impacts into the cargo hold, causing the cargo inside to detonate, sending the ship flying into many more pieces. All of this taking place in a matter of 2 seconds, Daniel glances at Meyers, "Why did it explode?"

Lieutenant Meyers shrugs, "Must have been carrying fuel or something."

"Tractor some of whats left of that hull into the cargo bay, and send it to the Science Labs, I'd prefer to know if it was either weapons, fuel, or that slop Galcom Command puts in pouches and calls Combat Rations."

Meyers nods, "Aye sir."

"Navigation, take us back to port."

"Aye sir," Rodgers moves her hands across the console, yawing the ship to come about to head back to ISS Station.

"And if the our friendly Chief Engineer asks, we were called out to investigate some strange readings in the debris field, and were unable to reach him in time before we left port."

Everyone nods responding in unison, "Yes sir."

Daniel sighs, heading into his ready room to inform the brass that the upgrades were a success. And making sure he's not around when the Chief gets back onboard.

RP: Off

Sorry, would have posted a day or so ago, but I just upgraded my computer, and had some major setbacks getting the system up and running. Just felt like blowing some stuff up smile.gif.

We can always say there were enemy spies on the ship covertly monitoring ISS Station or something creative if you prefer, but I'm still sure that it was carrying combat rations!

------------------

GCV Millennium ISS16

ISS Homepage

[RP]

2030, March 15, 3008

Lydan, Krynon

GCV Swiftsure

It had been over an hour since De Bruce had gotten the Gammulan shuttle into the Swiftsure's hands, and now the preparations were almost complete. Thoughts of Jessica were wiped from Somerset's mind as he concentrated on sending the Gammulans another present. Two OTS warheads had been placed with an ingeniously devised detonator, courtesy of Kamarov. Soran had managed to jury-rig a decent autopilot with instructions to fly toward the center of a Gammulan formation. The detonator was tied into the shuttle's sensors, and would detonate when appropriate mass was detected around the shuttle. Namely, that of the Gammulan Main Fleet. And when that occurred, both missiles would blast through the shuttles hull by kinetic force, separate two hundred kilometers, and detonate.

When Somerset had told FC Londono, he had welcomed the idea wholeheartedly. Anything to aid in saving what remained of the now paltry Wraith Fleet. And with the Kandorians idly watching, any advantage however small was welcome.

The entire crew had been so busy they never even noticed the arrival of the GCV Shogun.

Somerset's commlink paged, and he pressed a button to activate his headset communicator. "Soran here," it said, "Ready to proceed on your mark."

"Very well, Number One. Make it so," Somerset ordered, as a cold glint grew in his eye.

Slowly, a shuttle carrying a Gammulan IFF and two nasty OTS warheads began moving toward the Gammulan Fleet. As it passed towards them, hundreds of PTA units and ships Tactical Officers queried the shuttle's IFF code. When it came back friendly, the turned back to watching their screens for signs on another insipid Wraith Fleet assault against them.

As the Gammulans quibbled over when the next wave of assaults would begin, their time ran out. The detonator on the two OTS weapons received data from the sensors that said the mass threshold had been surpassed. Approximately two milliseconds later, the boosters on both weapons ignited. The blast turned most of the shuttles interior into molten metal, and the weapons burst through.

Immediately, nearby PTA units began tracking what had happened. Unfortunately, it was the Gammulans turn to suffer from the horror that humans had dubbed Murphy. All of the PTA's were unable to obtain an immediate lock because of the shuttle remnants. Once they did, it was two late. Two bright flashes lit up around the Gammulan ships, overloading shields, tearing apart armor, and wreaking havoc for the Gammulan crews. Eight ships were destroyed outright, and nearly seven others were damaged beyond repair. A greater number suffered from extremely weakened shields, torn hulls, and EMP damage.

It was then that Wraith Fleet decided to fight back, and ran headlong once again into battle. The Battle of Lydon raged on.

[/RP]

My apologies for such an extended RP absence. RL concerns have gotten in the way. But now, I'm back. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way." - John Paul Jones

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

• 2 weeks later...

[rp]

2043, March 15, 3008

Lydan, Krynon

Mor-DÔÇÖr was livid. Once again the Wraith had eluded his grasp as the majority of Wraith Fleet escaped the VanguardÔÇÖs assault. Once again Mor-DÔÇÖr and the Gammulan forces were surprised by the eidolon forces that Wraith seemed to conjure up from no where. Several Gammulan warships were destroyed or disabled by several OTS-like detonations.

Luck, and the timely entrance of the Kandorian military forces also played a major role in Wraith FleetÔÇÖs egress from Lydon. The Kandorians attacked Gammulan forces while they were recovering from WraithÔÇÖs latest tactical ploy. As the Gammulans engaged the new Kandorian threat, the remnants of Wraith Fleet escaped through the Krynon/Lydan ÔÇô Arenis/Khan jump point.

Mor-DÔÇÖr watched the battle as the Kandorian forces were annihilated and the last Wraith warship made its escape through the Arenis/Khan jump point. The Gammulan offensive had begun anew and Mor-DÔÇÖr could taste the nectar of victory that was almost within his and the Gammulan EmpireÔÇÖs grasp.

2055, March 15, 3008

Antis, Trenis

The terran behind the mirrored glasses watched and noted the arrival of the fleeing [Wraith warships, with concern and amusement. The terran noted each vessel, its type, IFF designation, and Wing assignment. He noted everything and missed nothing. He also noted that not a single warship that entered lair was unscathed. Each bore scares received in combat ÔÇô heavy combat at that. Two vessels garnered more of his attention the others; the GCV Usagi and GCV Swiftsure. The first was commanded by a mortal enemy of his organization, the other was an idle curiosity that had struck his fancy not to long ago. He also noticed the absence of a Galcom warship that did not arrive in his lair with the rest of the Wraith rabble ÔÇô the GCV Shogun. That was a ship that he really wanted information on and where abouts known.

The terran behind the mirrored glasses contemplated his observations and noted two small but potentially large and dangerous discrepancies; the absence of any Delta Wing and Corsair Wing warships. The terran behind the mirrored glasses continued to ponder this anomaly as he watched the remnants of Wraith Fleet organize into some semblance of order. Further inner contemplation by the terran behind the mirrored glasses was interrupted his second in command, a terran known by some as the Raven.

ÔÇ£Do we launch,ÔÇØ the Raven asked with a sadistically evil grin, ÔÇ£this is an excellent opportunity. One that we not have again.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£No,ÔÇØ was the terran behind the mirrored glasses response, ÔÇ£to launch and take advantage of this opportunity that fate and the Gammulans have handed us would cost us much.ÔÇØ

The RavenÔÇÖs retort was cut-off by his own reflection in the terranÔÇÖs mirrored glasses.

ÔÇ£It would reveal our latest secret. One that the Galcom cronnies are not aware of yet.ÔÇØ

The terran known as Raven nodded his head in agreement. Their latest secret had only come on-line several days before the beginning of the latest Gammulan offensive. So far it has worked. Twenty-four Gammulan warships have been patrolling the Trenis system and have not discovered their latest secret endeavor. The irony of the situation intensified the sadistic grin he bore for those twenty-four Gammulan Warships were still somewhere in the Trenis system. He knew where they were but he had a very strong inkling that the Wraith rabble he was observing hadnÔÇÖt a clue. Which brought up something else that was near and dear to his sadistic thoughts.

What of Christopher Sly and the , Raven began before being cut-off.

No need to worry about that yet Raven, the terran behind the mirrored glasses said without concern to the reference of a very sensitive topic, Christopher Sly and his endeavor will proceed as plannedfor now. Raven silently nodded and resumed observing the Wraith rabble along side the terran behind the mirrored glasses.

Outwardly the terran behind the mirrored glasses seemed unconcerned at the reference made by Raven in regard to Christopher Sly. Inwardly he was fuming at the blatant breach in security. The terran behind the mirrored glasses knew that Raven had resources that even he was not aware of ÔÇô one reason why Raven was his second in command. He also knew that if RavenÔÇÖs proposal were to succeed, Christopher Sly may just have to die. A small price he was willing to pay for the bitter-sweat taste of victory and the all so sweat taste of something near and dear to his heart ÔÇô revenge!

2107, March 15, 3008

LV-103, Alpha Cygni

The GCV Shogun made good use with the distraction of the Gammulan horde afforded by the remnants of Wraith Fleet and the Kandorian Military. Fleet Commander Ristar managed to maneuver the Shogun through the flotsam and carnage of the Lydan system and arrived in orbit around LV-103 without incident, something that shocked fleet Commander Ristar some but did not surprise him.

What concerned Ristar the most were the other two space vessels in orbit around LV-103. One was the transport that he was aware of. The other was a Galactan Class MkII Battlecruiser. At least that was what the ShogunÔÇÖs sensor suite indicated to him. Ristar studied the Battlecruiser intently in his ÔÇÿvid display. There was something about that Gammulan Battlecruiser that seemed quasi-familiar to him. What is was he couldnÔÇÖt put his finger on or nail down completely. He had and knew the answer ÔÇô he just couldnÔÇÖt grasp it.

Discretion was the better part of valor. Ristar ordered the Shogun to battle stations, activated the cloaking system, and set course to intercept and engage the Gammulan Battlecruiser.

[/rp]

Ristar ÔÇô do nothing yet.

Tringad ÔÇô get that mission on LV-103 going.

Wraith ÔÇô You are now in Trenis/Antis system. Make reference(s) to Spectre at your own risk biggrin.gif To do so may result in termination of character activity.

Spectre ÔÇô Work with me, the rabble will be out of your lair real soon cool.gif

TTFN

------------------

Commander Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

*1st Squadron, *Corsair Wing

Stationed, *Starbase Cerberus

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270, EST (GMT-5)

=Wraith Fleet=

Second in Command, Wraith Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 08-04-2000).]

[RP]

2059, March 15, 3008

Antis, Trenis

GCV Swiftsure

A bruised and battered Swiftsure finally made transit out of the Hell that was the Battle of Lydon. The confusion from their devious assault and Kandorian intervention had allowed them the great opportunity for escape. From the outside, Swiftsure appeared like a ship that had been through the pyres of Hell. Burn marks and scorches from enemy fire marred the appeareance of the once majestic looking Battlecruiser. Two hull breaches from the last battle had cost the ship some structural integrity...and four crew members. Casualties had started to load the large Sickbay to near capacity. But Ben Somerset had more important things on his mind.

"Where in the hell is Spectre?" he thought to himself. The Insurgent Starstation should put out a massive energy signature, easily detected from this far out. And yet, the sensors showed nothing. Out of sight, out of mind, I suppose, he mused. At least we won't have to deal with that unpleasent possibility. "Number One, do sensors show any Insurgent vessels in the area?"

"Negative, Commander. There are no readings of Insurgent FTL signatures in the area. However, I am detecting a massive gravitic displacement, bearing 087, mark 211. The signatures are too far away to properly discern at present."

"Enemy wessels?" Kamarov asked.

"Probably," Ishikawa interjected. "We still haven't heard anything from Fleet about reinforcement. They should get off their asses and get out here to help us!"

"Calm down, Mister. That's an order. Melanie, relay our sensor data to the Usagi, and request instructions. We may want to nip this in the bud before it becomes a more...serious problem," Somerset said, as his mouth twitched at that grim prospect.

But at this moment the main thought that went through his mind was "Where is man with the mirrored glasses, and his cronies? And is he going to do anything to us while we're here?

He hoped for their sake that the man with the mirrored glasses answer would be "Nothing".

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

[RP]

Meanwhile in the Antis sector...

The GCV Terra Kresta, a ship of the 1st SIN-Wing under the command of Cmdr. Steele,

rigs for a journey into the Gammulan Quadrant in order to repair, refit and evacuate remaining allied ships.

Steele prepares a blast message for the GCV Swiftsure, his wing-leader's cruiser.

*********Cmdr.Steele->Cmdr.Somerset**********

***!Eyes only!***

To: Cmdr. Somerset, GCV Swiftsure

Concern: Instructions request

Position: Antis

Greetings, Commander!

I've been informed of the situation in your

sector, I'd consider it as something close to

hopeless, so I'm planning a final run into that sector in order to evacuate any remaining ships, installations and personnel

still alive.

Since your last reported position is the nearest to mine, the GCV Swiftsure is

the first ship I'd head for.

Should you require any help or even need to be towed away, please state your damages,

number of casualties / injuries, urgent

malfunctions (hull breach, radiation leak, etc.), so I can prepare appropriate actions and thus save some time to help other remaining ships (if possible).

Moreover, I'd greatly appreciate a brief

tactical information concerning your current

situation, your exact location, as well as any special orders/advices you might have for me.

(Can you make it to a "safe" rendezvous-point?)

Should you NOT require / wish any help,

please forward any distress calls you may

have recieved during the last time to me,

and send me a list of other allies that

also might need help.

Good luck, Commander!

Cmdr. Steele

**************** End of message *************

When finished, Steele hands the message to

his Communications-Officer:

Steele: "Comm, I need you to send these

lines as an encrypted blast-message to

the GCV Swiftsure. Take the maximum level of encryption, no matter whether it takes a little longer, if anyone finds out that we are headed for her, we can be sure the enemy traces us to find and destroy them. Got that, Comm ? "

Comm: "Aye, Sir!"

Steele nods to the Comm Officer as he turns

to the Helmsman:

Steele: "Helm, get me the fastest route to

the Gammulan Sector at maximum warp-speed and

engage as soon as you are ready.

The Helmsman's eyes widen:" Gammulan sector?? Sir, may I remind you of what Cmdr. Gallion

said about the situation in Gam sector ?"

Steele: "I know what he said. Maybe it gets ugly, maybe not, but there are allies and friends stuck in that sector, and I'm NOT going to leave anyone of them down there, same what Gallion says about Gam sec.

Especially since we are an SAR-Cruiser and

such runs belong to our job!"

The Helmsman breathes deeply, repeats the orders enters the destination into the Navcom system, shortly waits for the route and waypoint-data, while he plays around with a pen in order to cover his nervousity.

As the Navcom displays the route, he reports

the ship ready for departure, heads for the first warp-gate and engages the jump-drives...

------------------

Cmdr Steele

GCV Terra Kresta

1st Squadron, SIN Wing

Stationed, Starstation Wrath

Stealth is the only thing between you, and your enemy's guns

ICQ 70041427, (GMT + 1)

=Wraith Fleet=

[This message has been edited by Steele (edited 08-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Steele (edited 08-08-2000).]