New Gammulan RPG Thread

OK, the last one turned into an insult fest.

This one had better not do the same, or I will kill it as well.

Watch your mouths, show a little self restraint, this is not an I'm better then you are thread, this is an RPG thread.

Now let's try this again shall we? I am going to leave it alone for a little bit and see where it goes, but, again, if it gets out of hand like the last one. I will kill it!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote from Jerold Keenan:

quote:

howa bout I wait for you in syrion/droidian space right outside the flux-field. You versus me, my Galactan versus your precious stormcarrier.

{RP}

Yawn, since the other Gammulan thread was closed down things have started to get boring. Jaguar, if you get too bored, go show this little ant what POWER really is, that is, if he hasn't turned chicken and fled. (heh, cheap entertainment!)

{/RP}

[RP]

"That offer is just to give you gammulans a chance at beating a galcom commander, normally I would just have you assasinated... which is much easier, but not as much fun.

You really don't want me to order my operative inside the gammulan military to execute you!

Thats right, there is a traitor among you. You know not who he is, or when he will strike. But he will do so only at my order, until then he'll be the perfect little gammulan and act the part, still, I will eventually get bored with letting you live so I suggest that you prepare for oblivions embrace.

Over the last couple of months, the seeds of my intelligence network have been planted. My operative will rise through your ranks, you cannot know who he is. And you cannot keep all your men at the lowest rank forever, eventually when he is in a possition of power, my operative will eliminate you and take control. You cannot stop it, you cannot delay it... all you can do is wait."

[RP]

What I said up there is a load of baloney, although. Eventually I will get operatives inside your fleet. I have a few already in others, and DeSylva doesn't even know who they are.

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

quote:

Originally posted by Jerold Keenan:

[RP]

You really don't want me to order my operative inside the gammulan military to execute you!

Thats right, there is a traitor among you.

{rp}

Right Uh-huh. One of your spies, so secret... that... YOU don't know about him? LOL. Look over your right shoulder to your navigation officer, how do you know HE won't put a knife in your back this very night?

{/rp}

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: LordDavid ]

I was going to say this in the old thread, but it's kind of a catch-22 if you catch my drift.

[rp]

I see, so Jaguar can't handle the facts, so he bails out and closes the thread. Typical Gammulan behavior. When they come, I'll be waiting...

[/rp]

Guest Shingen

Posted by Urza...

quote:

Oh, I just thought of something. You are listed as "Commander Jaguar", when, in fact, you may not be a Commander. My point is, how do gammulan ranks differ from GalCom ones?

We've had this debate before, and it was decided by the powers-that-b that all ranks, whether Fleet or UCV would be "Commander" unles otherwise specified by Fleet Commanders.

ALL UCV (Independent) persons are placed at "Commander" rank, and so far as I know, all non-terran races are deemed "UCV".

Gammulan Web Page

I think the Gammulan ranking system will be a mixture of what's in the manual and whatever they want.

Insurgent's were allowed their own ranking system because we were outside of Galcom and there wasn't anything official in the manual.

Shingen is correct on the independent thing.

quote:

and so far as I know, all non-terran races are deemed "UCV".

Yup. and we've had that discussion as well. Almost every race could have their own designation "xCV" except Gammulans which would conflict with the Galcom GCV. I think someone suggested GmCV.

quote:

--------------------------

here we go again.

--------------------------

What is "Here we go again."?

The madness that is the "Battle-style" thread, Chavik. More specifcally, having this Gammulan RPing Battle come back from the dead. The madness man!! The madness!!! And I thought the first Gam thread would be it. Will it ever end? Too bad the ISS boys seem to be the only ones holding the Gams off.

Hm... It's been a few months since I've seen a good one of these argument/battle threads.

*grabs bucket of popcorn, sits on couch*

Let the show begin!

(I'm too lazy/busy to do any of this this week...)

My $0.02?

The idea of ship prefixes is that they identify what service the ship owes allegiance to.

HMS - Her Majesty's Service (Royal Navy)

HMAS - Her Majesty's Australian Service (Rpyal Australian Navy)

USS - United States Service (United States Navy)

I can understand that GCV and ECV have been used for GalCOM and EarthCOM because Terrans dominate both of thsoe groups. I can also understand the Insurgents essentially copying the theme with ICV, seeing as they are a paramilitary fleet exclusively consisting of Terrans, many of whom have defected from EC or GC.

But Gammulans? Their prefix should refer to the "service" they are allied to. For instance...

Gammula War Council - GWC.

Gammulan Council Ship - GCS

Gammulan War Vessel - GWV

War Council of Gammula - WCG

Preferably something that is different from the GCV/ECV/ICV/YCV mould.

Just my 2 cents. It's the SC's call.

Oh - keep it clean, boys and girls. Jerold - back in your cage! *grin*.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

The madness that is the "Battle-style" thread, Chavik. More specifcally, having this Gammulan RPing Battle come back from the dead. The madness man!! The madness!!! And I thought the first Gam thread would be it. Will it ever end? Too bad the ISS boys seem to be the only ones holding the Gams off.

Hm... It's been a few months since I've seen a good one of these argument/battle threads.

*grabs bucket of popcorn, sits on couch*

Let the show begin!

(I'm too lazy/busy to do any of this this week...)

share the couch!!!

*grabs his own popcorn and soda and jumps in*

let the games begin!!!!

*eats popcorn*

Just because you guys reminded me.

{rp}

Transmission from Gammulan War Council:

TO: all interested parties and Gammulan Military

The official Prefix for the Gammulan military ships is GMV, all indies will keep their UCV, but ALL Gammulan Military vessels will now have the GMV prefix.

Please make a note of it!! And all Gammulan Military members, please change your sigs to comply with this new prefix code.

That is all.

Jaguar

Diplomacy Fleet Commander and Offensive Advisor

{/rp}

There ya go!!

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

• 3 weeks later...

[RP]

(broadcast to all ships in the Gammulan Quadrant)

...This is Cmdr Barron of The IR Valkerie Squadron aboard the UCV MaryJ..we have just entered the Omega Centauri system and are seting course for Otura-6 in sector G2..As we still have heard no word from Lord David..we will set orbit around Otura-6 an begin mining and training operations untill instructed to do otherwise..that is all UCY MaryJ out.

[RP]

{rp}

Incoming transmission

"Commander Barron, Lord David is on his way to the Alpha Canis to personnaly take the system. I have established a small group of Stormcarriers to fight. We are taking on a starstation. Notify Lord David if your going to the Omega Centauri but I suggest you move your force to the Alpha Centauri."

"Commander Firo-out."

{/rp}

{rp}

Incoming transmission

"Commander Firo corect me if Im wrong..but you are hailing me from what apears to be a GALCOM GCV. Not to mention that course would put me right in the Terran Quadrant...and might I say not the safest place for a lone Valkerie squadron." "IS this some kind of trap?"

"Barron out"

{rp}

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: Barron Morris ]

[rp]

quote:

and might I say not the safest place for a lone Valkerie squadron."

You got that right! I'm in Alpha Centauri, and if you show up here, I'll take pleasure in blowing you out of the stars. And any Gammulans that tag along.

[/rp]