Fleet Action RP - The Fall of Mars

Ben Zwycky

OK, as a result of a PM discussion I had with BC_Vet, we're going to do a little RP activity based on the recent events in the Fleet action MP season, a little more expansive than our standard after action reports thread.

Anyone can join in, pick yourself a character (or few), and play along, your character can be expendable. Standard RP rules apply; no new tech or races, no killing another player without their consent (I.e. when you defeat another player, leave room for a possible out for them), be consistent with the events of the match(es) and moves (see below)

The story we're going to flesh out first is the recent fall of the Mars region to the Gammulan empire, which proceeded as follows:

The Gammulan fleet outmanoeuvred the Galcom fleet sent out to intercept it by going through fluxfield 2 directly into Mars, in doing so losing 25% of its fleet strength to the black hole connected to that fluxfield.

The defensive patrol forces in Mars knew that the Gammulans were approaching Galcom space, but were taken by surprise by this move.

The defensive patrol forces were heavily outgunned by the Gammulan forces, who had many more capital craft at their disposal, the patrol forces having only fighters and a few cruisers.

The station fell to the Gammulans, but they lost their flagship in the process.

The planetary engagement was one-sided and Mars fell relatively quickly, the gammulans incurring minimal losses by using heavy aerial bombardment, though Galcom snipers were very effective at holding their ground troops back for a while.

Have fun!

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

OK, as a result of a PM discussion I had with BC_Vet, we're going to do a little RP activity based on the recent events in the Fleet action MP season, a little more expansive than our standard after action reports thread.

???