Ashes of Victory

I checked out this book at the local mall called "Ashes of Victory" and apparently it has theme on space combat and starship combat which sounded very interesting. Might be a good read before BCM is released. Has anyone here read it?

------------------

"Do not fear the unknown, embrace it."

cmdr. Kron

ICV Vanguard

Guest aramike01

Never heard of that one but here's another: Look for the Sten series by Alan Cole and Chris Bunch. Best book in the series is entitled, "Fleet of the Damned". I recommend you read the series starting there.

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

Haven't heard of any of them 2 =(. But will keep an eye for them.

Take a look at the novels "The Reality Dysfunction"... really interesting perspective of future tech/society... and best of all, ARMAGGEDDON comes true when the souls of the dead begin to attack the living. Now what can be more interesting than that? smile.gif

I'm a little surprised no one else recognizes the title. "Ashes of Victory" is the very latest in the "Honor Harrington" series of excellent military science fiction by David Weber (Baen books). It borrows heavily from the concepts of the old "Horatio Hornblower" series, and is set in our galaxy a couple of thousand years after we get off from Earth. I've enjoyed examining the differences in ships and tactics between the BC3K universe and Weber's universe.

If it isn't REALLY obvious at this at this point, I highly recommend this series.

Cmdr Dougal MacKensie,

GCV Edinburgh

• 1 year later...

As you can see I very, Very, VEry, VERy, VERY, VERY bored as I resurrecting old threads.

Any David Weber fans out there that has read his latest book The Shiva Option, how did you find it? I haven't got my copy yet so please don't tell me the whole story.