After a fun time in Boot Camp, I'm back.

Phased

Well, perhaps I wouldn't exactly call it a fun time, but it was an experience. After a 6 1/2 week stay at Lackland AFB, I earned the right to be called an Airman. Even better, I have access to computers and soda once again.

I'm down here at Keesler AFB Mississippi having a great time in tech school. Classes are tough, but so far so good. The Tech Control course is by no means easy, but I know I made the right job choice. So far the Air Force has been exactly what I expected.

Well, just wanted to let you all know what I've been up to. I'll be stopping by on a regular basis, but not as often as I used to. At 13 cents a minute, it gets expensive using the internet. Just a few more weeks and I'll be allowed to have my computer sent out here and will be able to play BC again.

------------------

Commander Phased

GCV Indomitable

ICQ 125478

"Follow me if I advance, kill me if I retreat, avenge me if I die!"

Well well well, look who's come crawling back to the Galcom cause!

*gets glared at*

Er, I mean, good to see ya again Phased! smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"I took this job because I just really love to blow sh*t up!"

Congratulations! Bootcamp is the hardest part, Phased! The rest of your enlistment should go easy. Of course, if you had wanted a challenge, you could have went like I did to Marine Corps bootcamp for 13 weeks! wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Chief Security Officer, PreComm Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

"Attack With Effectiveness"

W/B Phased, good to hear that you'll be joining us more frequently in the future! wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

Guest Ron Wallin

Ahh, Lackland... what flight were you in; who was your TI... Been a while since I was there. 4 am wake up, AF Song, excersizes... all in the freezing Texas winter.

Memories smile.gif

If you are interested, and you might not be, The Royal Marines do a 32 week 'Boot Camp' as you call it.

Supposedly the longest Basic training in the world?

I was always in awe of those guys being an ex Royal Navy guy myself......I just did a measly 14 weeks basic

Anyway.....welcome back Phased. Respect to all Armed Forces personnel serving and non serving alike

------------------

COMMANDER CARLTON

ORION FLEET

RECRUITMENT OFFICER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV DEATHBRINGER

ICQ 53203014

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

"Peace is something you only get when you're dead"

Ron, it hasn't really changed much. I was in HONOR flight 198 from the 321 TRS. Our head TI was SSgt Cabe. I think the earliest time we ever fell out was 0230 to go do Kitchen Details over at the 324 TRS. On average we woke up about 0445 and fell out about 0500 to sing the Air Force song and have morning chow. Those were the good old days...

------------------

Commander Phased

GCV Indomitable

ICQ 125478

"Follow me if I advance, kill me if I retreat, avenge me if I die!"

Welcome back, Phased! smile.gif Glad to have ya back, buddy smile.gif

Any tips for me, Air Force vets? I plan on enlisting in about 2 years (when I'm of legal age smile.gif). I plan on my MOS being that of a 'dog handler' (Security Forces, Air Force MPs).

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

Vice Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet

Tactical Support Wing Commander - ISS Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Strategic Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

- Award for Gallantry

"Honor and courage, above all else"

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Black Falcon Homepage

Staff Member at RPGClassics.com

Yeah, I got a tip for you, William..enlist in the Marine Corps...more honor and definately more challenging! wink.gif Seriously, though, at first I was going Air Force then at the last minute I went Marine Corps..never sorry I did, either!

Phased - Welcome back ye wingnut biggrin.gif Pay attention during the DPAS and IDNX portion of tech school. That is if ye make it through the Facit, RFS, TSR, & TSO portion. Become familiar with the Tech Controllers Bible, ...-70-1 and the ...-55-1 biggrin.gif Big ticket puncher is WHCA if ye stays in long enough.

Tringad - Think man think, what are ye gonna do when ye grows up after AF time is up. AF has the best tech schools, next to USN in some areas, take advantage of training availble. Ye has to look past the present to plan a future. Look at what all the mil branches can offer you before signing the dotted line and get all promises in writing.

ShoHashi - I agree, AF SPs are a joke. MC saved me backside several times biggrin.gif

TTFN

Avant Garde- See? Great minds think alike! Bootcamp will be tough, but once you finish it you'll have a superb sense of accomplishment. Plus, when you are done with your MOS schooling and actually go out into the Fleet...it gets better, you'll see!

If you ever get stationed on Okinawa, let me know....I was stationed there for 4 years!

Gallion- :-)

[This message has been edited by ShoHashi (edited 04-01-2000).]

Gallion - I plan on going to college, either that or AF Tech School. But I guess they won't pay for training unless my MOS uses the skills? I don't know then. The only reason I'm joining the AF is so they will pay for college smile.gif I have no hopes of a glorious military career, I just don't want to have to work my way through college smile.gif

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

Vice Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet

Tactical Support Wing Commander - ISS Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Strategic Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

- Award for Gallantry

"Honor and courage, above all else"

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Black Falcon Homepage

Staff Member at RPGClassics.com

[This message has been edited by William Ramsay (edited 04-01-2000).]

• 6 months later...

Hehe... I feel kind of strange bringing this old thread back, but it seemed somewhat appropriate. Anyway, after a long and arduous 3 months, I'm back. smile.gif

I bet noone even noticed I was gone or probably who I am. biggrin.gif

I now stand tall and proud as a United States Marine smile.gif

PFC too :P

------------------

Cmdr. John Clark

GCV-Transcendence

For Hope, For Peace, For Earth, Forever

Welcome back. Glad to see you survived. smile.gif

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

Welcome back, Avant Garde! At least you had it easier than when I went through 13 years ago. I do however, wish we had the Crucible.

------------------

Commodore ShoHashi

ICV Aries, New Frontier (Rinaal)

Station Commander, New Frontier

Bishamon Fleet

ICQ 484321

[email protected]