Favorite anime

Just to kill time again as usual, but Akuma definitely will like this topic. What is everybody's favorite anime movies or series? I have none but I do like hentai ones such as La Blue Girl and the overfiend series. I also like action ones like Ninja Scroll and Ghost in the Shell and many others. Has anyone seen X yet? Well here we go!

------------------

"Evil is forever."

Cmdr. Kron

Spectre Fleet

ICV Darkness

Some good choices there. However I must admit that I've always been very partial to the Bubblegum Crisis series. Gotta love those Boomers. Well, unless you're an ex-cyberpunk player. In which case, gotta hate those boomers.

Now here a topic I can get into biggrin.gif Let me see, my favorite movie/mini series by FAR is Macross Plus, I just finished watching as a matter of fact. Gotta love Akira and Ghost in the Shell, of course. Evangelon is cool. I'm also a huge collector of mangas from Japan. I have over 200 of them, all in Japanese and I can't read a damn one! hehe. I also have some import VCDs (movies on cd) I'm amazed at how companys in Japan can use other companys characters for their own profit and not get in any trouble. I guess there arn't any laws about it over there.

------------------

Cmdr. Pyro Penance

Spectre Fleet

ICV- Chrono

"Don't hate me because I'm different than you, hate me because I'm better than you."

Of the anime not mentioned, the Patlabor movies 1 & 2 are really well done. Good action, great animation and *gasp* some real character development! Also, if you can find them, check out "The Running Man" from the Neo-Tokyo collection and the vignettes collected under the title "Robot Carnival."

------------------

Commander Tarsus Wren

GCV Eye of Heru

Prime Fleet

S15 Staff Chief, Alpha Wing and CO Galcom HQ

"Nothing escapes the all-seeing Eye..."

[This message has been edited by kwasi (edited 08-21-2000).]

well well

I love Kenshin, Nuku Nuku's kawaii, my friends love Escaflowne, Lain and Fushigi Yugi (sp?) although all three of them either confuse or bore me. I like anything with mecha. Captain Tyler's hilarious, Hyper Police and Battle Angel (Gunnm A.K.A. "Gun Dream") kicks ass... hmmm, what else, well, it's early and that' all I can remember at the moment wink.gif

But I'm a member of my school's anime club and all my friends are anime otaku, the local anime shop's know me and all my friends personally and we're on a first name basis biggrin.gif

but I'm sure you've had enough of my rambling so I'll sign off and get back to work now...

------------------

Cmdr. Hidama Hasaki

GCV Kurai

1st Squadron, SIN Wing

Stationed, Starstation Wrath

you might as well stay and fight, because if you run, you will only die tired

ICQ 28215391, GMT-5

=Wraith Fleet=

[This message has been edited by Cmdr Hidama (edited 08-21-2000).]

Guest CmdrBlacky

I'd have to say that BGC is one of my favorites as well. I also like Robotech stuff (I've downloaded the entire series in RM format) and Record of Lodoss War.

Were it not for the heavy risk of getting banned for life, I'd plaster this thread with some 30,000-odd pictures of Lum from Urusei Yatsura. My obsession with her equals Hamblin's obsession with Janeway... smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

For sheer fun:

Slayers, Tenchi Muyo, Dominion Tank Police. Lupin, Project A-Ko (sue me, but it is hilarious) and another one who's name I cant remember, but it was about mind games and funny as heck as the characters annoyed/tortured others. Kinda like animaniacs, but Anime style *grin*

For the Storyline/Characters:

Earthian, Macross (that's Robotech for you ignorants muahaha), Wing of Honneamise, Robot Carnival (awesome short stories!), The Hakkenden: Legend of the Dog Warriors, Tale of Genji (a classic!), Mononoke Prince (weird, but great character/storyline) and Orguss (sequel to Macross)

I like lemme see....Should I dare list? Well going to the Anime Expo was quite the experiance. For one I didn't really like Lain, it was really deep and way too serious.

I liked Urusi Yatsura but it was also kinda crappy animation, I hate Dragonball because It's a massacre of animation in general...But other than that...

-Sailormoon (It's what got me involved in Japanese Anime in the first place)

-Ranma 1/2 (Funniest Anime I've ever seen!)

-Dragon Half (Good show, a little rediculious but it's helarious!)

-Slayers (One of my faves.)

-Elf Princess Raine (I've only seen the first few episodes of this one)

-Evengallion (But it's not really my absolute favorite...Too technological..I like fantasy!)

-Saber Marionette R and J and S (This show rocks!)

-Visions of Escaflowne (if you watch this BEWARE the noses! It's freaky! But it's a good story!)

-Fushugi Yuugi (I can't ever spell it right, but it's a good show...I've seen most of these.)

-X the movie (Shakesperish with technology involved..Needless to say everyone dies...Dammit! It's so annoything!)

-X the series (Good show!)

-Inu Yasha (It's a good story too! But it's one of the more rare ones. You won't find this just anywhere)

-Tenchi Muyo (Exellent show series and movie! I love em!)

I think that's all I can remember for now. Mrrr....Anywho, yes I'm a fan, so sue me! It's fun okay?! biggrin.gif

------------------

AKUMA MINAKO

ORION FLEET

GCV- TENCHI

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

"War is the plague of Mankind, created by Mankind."

I'm an old school Robotech fan, even ran the RPG a few times back in the day. Akira of course is awesome, first time I saw it was in a movie theater (WOH). I'm with Tac concerning Project A-Ko though I've only seen the first one. My favorite would have to be an old one called Kaze no tani no Nausika or Warriors of the Wind. The artistry was just amazing.

...and even though it's not anime, who can forget Transformers the Movie?? =)

I've read Inu Yasha manga a few years back, it's pretty cool. and I can't believe I forgot about SMJ!!!!!

a friend of mine's got 3 copies of the Utena movie, don't remember the real name of it though... rolleyes.gif

I read the X manga and really want to see the movie, sadly, it's quite rare here.

I implore you all, don't get me started on the evils and horrors brought about by those accursed american companies who butcher any anime they get their hands on!

Sailor Moon in its original form, sure as hell ain't a kids show, Dragon Ball Z actually gets pretty cool in later seasons that weren't shown in the west, they're bringing Escaflowne over as well, I shudder to think what they'll do to THAT.

wow, managed to graze the surface without swearing!

------------------

Cmdr. Hidama Hasaki

GCV Kurai

1st Squadron, SIN Wing

ICQ 28215391, GMT-5

=Wraith Fleet=

"Sailor Moon in its original form, sure as hell ain't a kids show, Dragon Ball Z actually gets pretty cool in later seasons that weren't shown in the west, they're bringing Escaflowne over as well, I shudder to think what they'll do to THAT"

Yep. I've watched the entire Sailor Moon series in Japanese, in English and in Spanish as well as the Robotech series (Robotech btw is an american term, it was never used in the original Japanese version, the series was called Superdimensional Fortress Macross and the kewl fighter-robots were called Valkyries. $#$@ gringos!) and other anime series as well.

Its just AMAZING how much the censors/editors of the US royally screw up everything..entire plot changes, character development changes...its a nightmare. Always buy subtitled...always!.

Oh, and Dragon Ball...lol! Kid's action anime where people get their arms ripped off, blood spurts all over, bathroom humor... what? that in the US? no way! Blood becomes a lot of weird looking saliva (or sweat) and the arm is cleanly cut off (guess they couldnt edit that one off.. or they forgot) and bathroom humor/nudity is just cut out. Hilarious! ARGH. Not to mention the "girly" Sailor Moon series.. they all get killed in the end... muahaha.. wait... kill..death..US? Ermm.. no no... they were "captured" ... and then when the whole place was nuked they..umm... dunno, appear on their bedrooms again. Yeah, nice editing lol.

Yeah you guessed it, I hate US censors wink.gif

I will be going to Japan this October.. envy me ye mortals, I shall get my hands on lotsa cool stuff! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I sorta like Project A-ko like Tac. As a matter of fact I have it in japanese...brought it back after being stationed on Okinawa. I also enjoy watching Sentai shows like Kamen Rider....the new Kamen Rider Kuuga is pretty good...but nothing beats Kamen Rider Black! I have a few of those on tape in japanese as well. If anyone knows where I can get more of the Kamen Rider series through the mail, let me know...I'm tired of making those 3 hours drives to Jersey! smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, PreComm Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

"Attack With Effectiveness"

Actually if you want to technical Robotech was three completely independant anime shows (though all done by the same studio) brought together by a plot created by Carl Macek. In this case I actually prefer the US version only due to it's more compeling plot and longer story (though the dialogue through most of the series pretty much sucked). Otherwise I'm with Tac in terms of the editing of most US versions of anime.

I collected the "Perfect Collection" of the Robotech series which had 2 Robotech episodes and 2 original episodes (be it Macros, Southern Cross or Mospedia) so I saw what got cut (lots of shower scenes mainly). However for that show they did keep most of the violence, granted with some trims here and there, but far more graphic then anything else on at the time.

[This message has been edited by Vorpal (edited 08-22-2000).]

Heh, did you hear about Card Captor Sakura? They changed the title too in the english series on fox! It's called Card Captors! BAKAMONO'S!

Hey! If your going to Japan, Bring somthing back for me! Perferably Cluster by Clamp! It's the best! But it's old and no one remembers it! Blah.

It's nice to know other people know about Saber Marionette! It rocks!

And no, Sailormoon can be actually a Hentai at times. **shudder** It's disturbing.

------------------

AKUMA MINAKO

ORION FLEET

GCV- TENCHI

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

First off, Tac, I am now on a quest to kill you, or at least tie you up and lock you in a closet, and take your place on that trip to Japan wink.gif

Saw original Sailor Moon eps d/l'd from some page long forgotten, caught a scene where all the scouts were naked and sprouted wings.

Akuma, Most of my friends are obsessed with Clamp and anything done by Clamp, and more than likely has Cluster...but you'd require some sort of high caliber rifle in order to procure it from her tongue.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Hidama Hasaki

GCV Kurai

1st Squadron, SIN Wing

ICQ 28215391, GMT-5

=Wraith Fleet=

Sailor Moon hentai!? I want a copy!! Disturbing for you Akuma, but remember, sex will always sell no matter what. It's a multi-billion dollar industry BTW. Evil sells no matter what form be it sex or violence.

------------------

"Evil is forever."

Cmdr. Kron

Spectre Fleet

ICV Darkness

Aside from those mentioned (Akira and Ninja scroll being the best) I really like the Hakkenden. Unfortunately, I don't like paying 20 bucks for two eps. I only collect feature length now.

So, if it's a complete set, or a 90 minute or longer movie, I'm looking for it.

Someone said that they dl'd all the Robotech series? I would love a copy. I can't seem to find the video's anywhere.

heheh

Akuma: I'll tell you next time she pisses me off wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Hidama Hasaki

GCV Kurai

1st Squadron, SIN Wing

ICQ 28215391, GMT-5

=Wraith Fleet=

hey, some people are very serious when it comes to anime! biggrin.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Hidama Hasaki

GCV Kurai

1st Squadron, SIN Wing

ICQ 28215391, GMT-5

=Wraith Fleet=

Nods Vigorously clutching her comic books, video tapes, cards, and cd's in her arms surrounded by miles and miles of barbed wire and ten Battlecruisers.

------------------

AKUMA MINAKO

ORION FLEET

GCV- TENCHI

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

you forgot your posters, undoubtedly your walls are covered with anime posters...mine are! biggrin.gif

I even got anime drawings and doodles scattered about my desk at work!

as soon as I get my scanner working I was gonna put a link to some of my drawings on the board.