I'm back....well partially :(

Eclipse

If anyone tried to contat me in the past few weeks(doubtful) or even noticed I hadn't been around ( even more doubtful) it's because I've packed up and movedoff to college. That in itself wouldn't be too bad cept it's taking them like 2 weeks to get the dorm network set up and I still can't access it there. Also it seems that for some odd reason this blasted filter they have on the net is keeping me from accessing my personal site or even updating it, not to mention I can't check my normal email since it too is blocked. Hopefully I'll have this mess figgured out in a few days and bcm won't get a teen rating, which BTW no games rated teen are allowed.... Too bad they didn't let me have acces to the rules handbook BEFORE I got here. Anyway, this is Eclipse signing out.... er being dragged off of the computer in the library in rainy Greenville, SC.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Welcome back Eclipse! Noticed you hadn't been online. Too bad in a facility full of adults they don't allow anything higher than teen.

Hope you get it figured out.

------------------

Vice Admiral Chavik

ICV Phoenix, Sygan Starstation (Sygan)

Fleet Leader - Balor Fleet

Official BC3K Tester

Yea, I noticed you weren't around for a while. Gee, are you sure you're in college, and not prison?

------------------

Commander Greg Miller

GCV - Sark, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet XO, Wing Leader, Tsunami Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!

Welcom back!! And yes, even I noticed you hadn't been around so don't sell yourself short, er... unless you are short. wink.gif

Things are getting closer so hope you can get a solution worked out to your satisfaction. CUL

ps. sigs have changed per the SC.

------------------

Commodore Wold

ICV-Drakr, Spectre Starstation

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICQ 4669033

Phased, watching any movie of any rating at a theatre is grounds for immediate expulsion here.

Wold, where can I find out the sig changes?

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Eclipse, whats the name of the School you're going to? And did you sign a contract etc, stating that you were not going to watch any movies off grounds and whatnot(that and I don't see how they can legally enforce it). It just seems to me, that its really ridiculous that if you watch a movie in a nearby town theater, that you get expelled. Anyway good luck, and hopefully they won't care about BCM. Oh and if you want to access your site, try to go through a website that allows you to surf anonymously.

Guest aramike01

Yeah, that does seem illegal. I wonder what the ACLU would have to say about that (although I find the latest ACLU case disgusting).

Well, I'm sure you knew that going in! smile.gif

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

I'm going to Bob Jones University, and no they can't FORCEus not to, but if you get caught it usually results in getting expelled from the college. I got my sit unblocked, unfortunately I'm till trying to get the FTP to it unblocked. I can't surf anon here since they log all of th url's you type in, and they review the sites. It sucks... but I only have to put u with it for a year. frown.gif

addendum: it appears that I cannot connect to ANY FTP, or IRC Server and ICQ seems to be unable to get to it's auth server as well.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 09-06-2000).]

Thanks Tyrn, I wasn't able to remember the link for the sig changes and I posted that from work so didn't have time to find it again.

Bob Jones is classified as a private college. They are VERY strict but their restrictions are conduct based, like any private elementary or highschool.

I'm sure the military forces have a few rules/restrictions that are conduct based. (President is exempt, though).

Eclipse, I'm sure there is a very specific reason you're there (I bet I could guess) for this coming year.

My suggestion, (if you don't want it, don't read it) wink.gif

We all have to do crap we don't like, successful people learn how to get the most from the situation, with a good attitude.

Bob Jones however, is one of the STRICTEST college's I've heard of. biggrin.gif Eclipse, you are going to get STREATCHED and stressed this year. I hope you make it. Marine bootcamp may seem like a cake walk after you get done there. wink.gif

------------------

Commodore Wold

ICV-Drakr, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commanding Officer, Spectre HQ

Spectre Fleet

ICQ 4669033

hehe I'm sure I'll deal with it somehow..... only a few more months till christmas...

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Spectre Fleet

Eclipse, I assume that your not allowed to live off campus ?

Have you considered a phone line based ISP? (or are they monitoring the phones as well?)

------------------

Cmdr. Canuck

GCV Iron Fist, GALCOMHQ (EARTH)

Prime Fleet

[This message has been edited by Canuck (edited 09-07-2000).]

I probably could live off campus, but unfortunately... you can't change after you get here. as for the phones.... well I'm still trying to dissassemble it so I can splice the cable in.... no plugs. biggrin.gif

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Spectre Fleet