Question!!!

Hugo Pinheiro

I could be wrong (it happens a lot :o), I've only had to evac my BC once and it was cancelled when my interceptors finally ran off the last of the SoB's, but if I recall correctly there wasn't enough room for everyone on board the shuttles/ATV's etc. It seems there should be some escape pods to at least offset the lack of space on the on-board vessels.

I would rather be on a shuttle, yes. Or better still, an interceptor with the best pilot in Galcom, but a seat in a two person escape pod is better than a coffin :o)

I was just dreading having to face the Galcom Free Press when they started comparing the incident with the Titanic.

"You mean there weren't enough shuttles? Is that what you are saying?"

"There was a...Ummn...Minor miscalculation in the amount of personalle a single shuttle could hold in an emergency situation."

"Is there any truth to the rumor that people were leaving thru the airlocks after the collision with the ice asteroid in hopes of holding thier breath long enough to be saved?"

"Well, yes, there is some truth to that. But it was only one person. I believe his name was "Mortin". "

"What about the rumors that Mortin was actually pushed out of the airlock prior to the collision and that the collision was actually due to a "rave" going on outside the airlock in some sort of celebration over the death of Mortin?"

"I'm sorry I have no information on that, this press conference is over."

quote:

I would rather be on a shuttle, yes. Or better still, an interceptor with the best pilot in Galcom, but a seat in a two person escape pod is better than a coffin
redface.gif
)

You should use the transporter to beam down marines to the nearest planet or moon. Then you'll have to come back for them before they starve or run out of life support, but I guess that's safer than a lonely escape pod drifting around in the vastness and emptiness of space. But then again, that's just my opinion.

quote:

I was just dreading having to face the Galcom Free Press when they started comparing the incident with the Titanic.

ROTFL cwm32.gif

That was hilarious

------------------

See you out there, among the stars

Cmdr Nava, GCV Nemesis (Official BC3k tester)

Really, we should talk with the SC about this; because the meaning of escape pods is to safe lifes; no mater if you are captured or not, at least you will have a second chance, hey you can even be rescued afterwards; seconds after the "accident"!

------------------

Cmdr. Hugo Pinheiro

GCV-Ajax, Genesis(Moon)

Prime Fleet, Gamma Wing, 2nd Squadron

Commander of the mighty Ajax, all others bow before me!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Hector Socas Navarro:

Errrr... that's what the shuttles and the transporter are for. What seems to be the problem?

Simple. Escape pods are just plain cool smile.gif Who wouldn't be thrilled at seeing twenty small pieces of the ship suddenly break off and fly away, all veering off to rendezvous at one spot?

I know the shuttles and stuff work just fine...escape pods just sound more dramatic, that's all smile.gif

I think the whole evacuation concept is really cool. When I play bc3k, though, I usually don't think about evacuating until it's too late.

I've actually been thinking, that in RP MP, I might keep track of my Wing's experience, and if they die, it goes to zero. If they evacuate successfully, though, they take only a minor hit. It would help promote realistic behaviour in combat. With such a big universe to play in, a retreating force has a lot of options in how and where to fight. I'd rather see that than two forces going into an area and fighting until one side is slaughtered.

Comments? Would you guys live with this? It means we'd see a lot more evacuations, and SOS calls over the voic chat, and other cool things. I'd like some feedback before I present it to my Wing.

------------------

Commander S. Badgerius

GCV-Diligence

Prime Fleet

S36 Commander, Gamma Wing

Don't look now, but I completely ripped out the evacuation sequence in BCM and have no plans to put it back in. You evacuate your ship, thats it. You're MIA and you don't get another craft.

Only pilots can evac their fighters now and return to the command craft.

Still seems pointless to me. If the shuttles and transporters are safer, why would anybody want to get him/herself in a escape pod when there are better alternatives available? Pods are good for fighter pilots because they don't have shuttles to leave the craft, and that's why your pilots will eject in the escape pods when things go wrong.

quote:

Don't look now, but I completely ripped out the evacuation sequence in BCM and have no plans to put it back in.

Sorry guys, I didn't want to say that because I was not sure if it would violate the non-disclosure agreement.

------------------

See you out there, among the stars

Cmdr Nava, GCV Nemesis (Official BC3k tester)

[This message has been edited by Hector Socas Navarro (edited 12-08-2000).]

Escape Pods = more targets to initiate the DeD Process on biggrin.gif

TTFN

------------------

Fleet Commander Gallion

(Pro Tem)

GCV Graf Spee, Starbase Cerberus

Fleet Leader - Wraith Fleet (Pro Tem)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/Corsair Wing

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

Corsair Cove

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Co-Leader, Team 1

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 12-08-2000).]

I took it out because it would have been too much hassle in MP - and it was less work for me to rip it out, than it was to make sure it worked right for single and multiplayer. I went for the easy route, especially since I don't believe that it added anything to the game premise. It was just one of my harebrained ideas I had when I first designed the series, and which ended being implemented. At least the SOS option is still in tact. I believe this to be of the same premise.