Bugs in game

JoeyGuppy

I found this in a faq for the game Starpeace.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Why don't you just release the game in 2003?"

"well, there is a saying that say that either you make a bug-free well-documented game or you make a game that hits the shelves"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The game has already been released in some parts of europe and is suposed to be released in the US this month. I was a little exicted when I first read about this game since i like business games, but after reading some of the starpeace.net msg boards I don't know what to think of a game that was already relased once with a bunch bugs in it. Now if they had delayed the release and tested it longer fixing some of the bugs (like d smart is doing) I would not know that the game has bugs and there would be no cause for concern. Another thing that it seems like they might be doing: useing the european market to work out all the bugs Before the US release, which would piss me off if I lived in Europe. Well anyways I'm glad that the SC is makeing BCM without trying to just get on the shelf no matter what the game is like.

What do you think? cwm14.gif

[This message has been edited by JoeyGuppy (edited 03-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by JoeyGuppy (edited 03-18-2001).]

I bought Mankind (www.mankind.net) last year at FULL price (80 Canadian or so) and I've played about 7 hours worth. You download the game, pay full price and then you can play for a year. I was asking for my money back after over a month of not even being able to log in to the network (extremely poor network setup) at ALL with NO customer support. Even for people who could get in the game (Anyone who was not in a system that was DOWN on the network) it was constantly crashing their servers whenever someone started a big fight. The game is put out by Vibes. I wanted to sue the *******s but if you read the fine print you aint going to accomplish anything. It gets worse too. Apparently after I gave up they decided to rework the entire game (Cuz of the crashing etc) and patch up to v7.0 (To address issues of stability and add more bugs) Apparently it was a total nightmare and they lost over half their user base in the process because it took so long and there was so many problems. The whole time Vibes was saying they would credit people's accounts and in the end they did nothing at all. I am surprised the game is even on retail shelves now but it is selling in Canada for 20 bucks heh. What a joke.. Worst game I have ever paid for in my life. Just thinking about it makes me mad. It is a European game aswell. PATHETIC

Guest dnoyeB!

Funny. It will cost a lot more to fix a problem than it will to not create it in the first place.

As a programer I could care less. If you want to pay rediculous prices for tons of OT, so be it. Ill take your money smile.gif

Not quite fair to the paying customers though.

Thats why I use Animation master for my 3D stuff. They have the same approach as SC here.

www.hash.com