Please explain - do not just delete

Chillum

There is something rotten going on here cwm23.gif

I posted a thread in the Demo discussion group and it got deleted. I posted a follow up requesting info on why it happened, be it error or on purpose. Since the follow up also went missing I have to assume it was deleted by a moderator. I will not repeat the question that I asked, but I will ask for an explanation as to why they were removed.

To note, there were no swear words, no criticisms and I believe the question I asked to be prefectly reasonable.

Blind cencorship is not something I want anything to do with, I expect this post to be deleted as soon as it gets noticed, that is your right of course, it's your board after all, but it does leave a slightly foul taste in one's mouth, and I for one am very disappointed.

If I am way off base, this post will not be deleted and a reasonable explanation will be forthcoming from the powers that be on this site. If I'm not, then I'll just go away.

For the record I doubt I will stoop to the levels that some people on VE have lowered themselves to, but it does appear to lend some credence to their viewpoint, if not the manner in which they express it.

Assuming my account has not yet been deleted..Chillum.

There are a number of reasons why your post "might" have been deleted. 1: you were somehow rude, 2: The thread for that specific topic had already been started and it was obvious you were not paying attention. 3: you did something utterly stupid and pissed someone off.

Those are the only reasons I have come across that someones post has been deleted, but we all have the attitude that if you don't like the way the board is run, you don't have to come here. We like it this way, and it has always been this way. It is not gonna change, because then it would turn into a slugfest like over at VE, and we won't let that happen.

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

GCV Armageddon, Starpath (Mars)

Prime Fleet, Delta Wing

ICQ# 24007233

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millenium

Don't get me wrong, if I posted something that should not be posted..fair enough. But the posts just disappeared. The follow up one even said 'off topic' in the title and *politely* requested a reason (at that stage I listed removal as #3 option, rather than the #1 option that it is now) I fail to see how I could have given offence.

The only reason I can think of to remove the post was because I raised a question that not did someone not want answered, but didn't even want asked. A bit rough really.

Still, I'll give it one more go, you can judge for yourself..

Q. Could someone please tell me where I can find information pertaining to the 'announcement' that was about to be made, you know, the one why the release date of the BCM demo was pushed back a week ? (problems at VE notwithstanding).

Thankyou kindly good sir.

------------------

Chill, you'll live longer

[This message has been edited by Chillum (edited 03-19-2001).]

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I answered your post saying that the announcement was made on VE and the reason for the delay was given also.

And then I asked about SC's relationship with VE, I wanted to know if everything was okay.

If this post is deleted again I will assume that things are not okay at all and that I'm not to ask the question again.

Which, in my opinion is too bad.

I don't think either of us are being rude, just curious.

Chillum, if you look up one of the BC threads at the top of the VE page, one of them should deal with the announcement you're looking for.

And if this was dealt with already I apologize, I didn't see it and I scour through these threads all the time.

Chillum, your post was indeed deleted. Not as a form of cencorship or ANYTHING of the kind.

Here are a few ground rules that need to be followed around here:

• Do not post redundant topics. This site has a nice search function on it. Too many topics of the exact same content renders that search function useless.

• If you've got a question, make sure to post it in a thread pertaining to that question if that thread already exists. Yes, this means you may have to look around to be sure, but it will save everyone else a little bit of time.

• Post your questions in the appropriate forum. I (or any administrator/CAT member) will only spend so much time moving topics to appropriate forums. After awhile, that gets redundant, so we start deleting threads.

Chillum, on this board we don't just go around banning users and deleting accounts. Wherever you got that idea, I don't know. If you're doing something wrong, you will be warned before any administrative action is taken. We may be firm, but we are always fair.

Also, you said this yourself:

quote:

The follow up one even said 'off topic' in the title...

If it had "off topic" in the title, you knew that it was, indeed, off-topic. In order to keep this board clean, all topics should be relevant to the forum that they are in.

I hope this matter is now cleared up. Your account still exists and, at this time, I have no intentions of removing it.

If you need further assistance, send email to [email protected] .