Console to be or not to be ?

Commander Jamont

Are any of the people here are planning to buy a console or stick to the pc ??

Personnly i cant wait for halo on the xbox , i dont know whats taking so long for the pc version though!

------------------

Commander Nick Jamont

GCV Prophecy IV, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Intel & Espionage Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

"silence is gold"

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

I don't know about everyone else, but I usually have a variety of machines at home, I only get rid of them when I get bored and the software stops coming out redface.gif)

Dedicated gamers (imo) will get their games whatever the system, be it console or PC. So in answer to your question, I'll stick to whatever runs the best software, hardware is irrelavant (well, in theory cwm1.gif

------------------

Chill, you'll live longer

Yeah but looking today at the hardware of the consoles and those prices , they just keeping getting more expensive ...

i think the pc is still the cheapest you must pay big in the beginning for a nice pc but later upgrades wont cost at much , as buying for example first the ps 1 then the ps2 ... get my drift? wink.gif

------------------

Commander Nick Jamont

"silence is gold"

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

You're right of course.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford whatever I decide (assuming I can sneak it through the door before my SO sees it cwm20.gif )

If I was to just buy *one* machine it would most defintely be a PC. (btw, if my SO does see it, she gets the same amount of dosh that I spent so she can go shopping cwm31.gif )

------------------

Chill, you'll live longer

I personally don't touch console games because i find that they are usually nowhere near as complex as pc games, can't be patched or able to DL more stuff like new maps, scenarios, and stuff, and the simple fact that you can do so much more with a computer than just play games (internet, writing, coding, music...and a whole bunch of other stuff).

-K

Mmmm wel with the playstation 2 and its hard drive you can do the same thing you just metioned , if sony can get there ps2 internet network up that is wink.gif

------------------

Commander Nick Jamont

"silence is gold"

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

I usually get console games in addition to my PC ones. Currently am looking forward to Nintendo's Gamecube.

Halo looks mmmkay on XBox, but I don't think any of the graphics done on Halo couldn't be done on a GeForce2 or better though. So I'll just save myself some $$$ on XBox unless some absolute must have game is released for it that... I must have! Plus rumor has it that Bungie plans that Halo for XBox's multiplay be split-screen, and the PC version of Halo will have internet multiplay, partly due to Microsoft's internet strategy not being in place at the time of release... but that doesn't concern me much, because I was going to get the PC version over XBox anyway. You can't go wrong with a keyboard + mouse interface! biggrin.gif

Please, please, please, buy the xbox, I am building the circuit boards at one of the companies I rep for, so the more you buy, the more I make!!! so, get out there and buy those xboxes!!! lol

cwm11.gif

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

GCV Armageddon, Starpath (Mars)

Prime Fleet, Delta Wing

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

I definitively stick to the PC only. Much more powerful than those over accelerated consoles. You can patch, have addons, etc... Console hard-drive? The system is generally imcompatible. Can I put my office 97 CD in it and install it?

------------------

Commander Epsilon 5

GCV - StalkerIV, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orionfleet.com

'This Far, No Farther!'

now your taking it to far with office and stuff , i dont think office is a game?

and the harddrive comp. will be good , iomega is even gonna release a zip drive and already unreal tourn. is running custom maps from the pc on the psx2

------------------

Commander Nick Jamont

"silence is gold"

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

I have owned a Dreamcast for a while...I basically use it play racing and sports games, while I use my PC for everything else.

I'm sure I'll get an X-Box, because something just play better on a console than a PC...I'll never give up my PC though =)

~Pio

------------------

Commander Pioneer

ICV-Striker, Spectre (Antis)

Spectre Fleet

"If you're thinking about losing, you're already dead."

Guest Scorpion

I like the PC better because you got the "little guys" making games. Like Steel Beasts and Space Empires IV. I believe due to the flexability of the PC it will never die as a gaming platform. I will admit however, playing games like Mortal Kombat and street fighter will always be better on the consoles. They only game I still play on my old N64 is MK4. There is just something about kicking somebody's butt when they are sitting right next to you.

------------------

A scorpion must grab it's prey before it can strike with it's Tail. Therefore, be concerned with the pincers, then the tail. Why fear artillery, when there are no enemy troops to keep you within it's range?

I thought I might try getting a console again, until I spent a weekend with a playstation at a friends place.

Reasons why they suck;

Control pad

No in game saves

Television resolution sucks

I want the X-Box to do well because I think it will help the PC. Any game made for the X-Box will be easy to port over to the PC and Vica Versa. This can only be good for the PC. But you will have to pry my mouse and keyboard from my cold dead hands. cwm21.gif

PC all the way, I rather by a new VidCard or something else than have to go to a new console, and new library of games.

------------------

Commander Greg Miller

GCV - Sark, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet XO, Wing Leader, Tsunami Battle Group

www.orionfleet.com

'Here cometh the storm!'

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millenium