Out of curiosity: Console preferences?

Scrivener

quote:

Originally posted by aramike:

--Wait, still a problem. I'd need a good place to put the mouse as I sit on the couch.

Two possible solutions.

1. A wireless OPTICAL mouse. You can use it on any surface even the couch itself. Logitech has some of these.

2. Trackball mouse (except for these get my thumb sore after a lot of use)

quote:

Originally posted by LordDavid:

Two possible solutions.

1. A wireless OPTICAL mouse. You can use it on any surface even the couch itself. Logitech has some of these.

Next : flying mouse.. or a mouse that doesn't even need to be close to anything to work.

Well, I was in the market for a DVD player anyway. I have one on my main PC (Creative DVD Encore 12X) but it's really just a gimmick. While I have a nice collection of DVDs, I'd much rather lie back on my sofa than sit hunched over in my desk chair. Of course, I once tried connecting it to my TV, but I had no remote and so had to walk over to my computer and funble around with the software controls every so often. Eck. The Xbox was only a wink more $$... and I really, really, really wanted Halo (As a MS Xbox flagship product, I doubt that it will ever see a single PC... thereby ruining it's exclusive status). And I just like games. I can't give anything away, but you have no idea what MS has up their sleeves for the next year. I think when you start seeing some more exclusive games crop up, you'll think "Damn. That game would be so cool on the PC." Just the kind of response you'll get from Halo. MS pretty much just put out a standard computer that everyone can take full advantage of. It's ingenious. The more I think about it, the smarter it seems.

Consoles... ::shudder:: Waste of money, the lot of them. Well, except the Ataria, NES, and maybe SNES. Especially the x-box. All the x-box is, is a PC that can't do a damn thing but play games!

Go spend $300 to buy a gf3 card, and more ram. That's what I'm doing.

Sports titles on the consoles dwarf anything on the PC albiet HH2002 baseball. Madden 2002 on the PS2 makes the PC version look very dated and basketball, soccer and hockey are all better on consoles. The XBOX will have an adapter so you can play on your computer monitor.

Now strategy games for the most part do suck on consoles.

Each has its strengths and why someone who would drop 300 plus on a video card would not add a console to the mix as well is suffering from PC smugness. (And some console users suffer from console smugness).

I have two PC's geared towards gaming and a PS2, Dreamcast and after Thrusday an XBOX and you know what?....They all get along fine.

LOL Yeah, but the reason I stopped wasting money on consoles is because the PC can do everything a console can do, and in all but 1 case, PC does it better. Nothing more fun than playing a game with 8+ people... Not saying consoles are worthless, just not as good as they used to be, back before PC gaming picked up. But, the world would be a better place if consoles just dissappeared. Because then all the game dev's would come over to PC, and we'd get awesome games all around. : rool::

There are times I miss playing NFL Gameday or NBA live, but, football on the PC is decent enough (especially when you can get a full team playing) to keep me from wasting $300 just to play sports games...

quote:

Originally posted by LordDavid:

Two possible solutions.

Hmmm, now one final problem -- justifying my stealing the TV from my wife to play PC games. Women and their Lifetime...

quote:

Originally posted by aramike:

Hmmm, now one final problem -- justifying my stealing the TV from my wife to play PC games. Women and their Lifetime...

Does your TV have Picture in Picture? If so, it probably would be a big fight on who gets stuck with the small picture