playstation2, xbox, game cube ????????

warren126692

Lets put it this way. XBox has bouncing boobies- errr, DOA3, as well as Halo, as it's forerunners at the moment. Halo alone looks extremely promising, though I haven't had a chance to play it myself yet.

On the other hand, the PS2 has Metal Gear Solid 2, which, as I can personally vouch for as of 1600 hours today, does kick massive amounts of ass.

...Tough decision...

Get the PSX2

I got my XBox yesterday and four games (Halo, DOA3, PGR, AFD)....and it remains unopened. I plan on taking it for a spin this Sunday.

I have every console ever made (including the Jaguar) and over 100+ games. Since I'm just a collector, I don't get to play much, but I plan on giving the Xbox a whirl, as well as GTA3, DMC, MGS2 and ICO (all on PSX2) this weekend too.

Multiplayer patch? What multiplayer patch?

yea, i have metal gear solid and for it being 3 years old its still the best play station game, hows the second one and what do you do in it?

play station 2 is looking like the best but hows x box? came cube looks like its for little kids.

dont think im going with that one.

quote:

Originally posted by Akira:

Jaguar... oooo... that was supposed to be an awesome platform. Was it?

I've played around with it. Was pretty cool but never caught on. Good tech in that thing. Probably was ahead of its time. I also heard it was a pain to develop for.

I have a PS2 and got the XBOX last Thursday. Let me tell you the launch games on the XBOX are much more impressive to me then the launch games of the PS2. HALO is a system seller for FPS fans.

NFL Fever is a graphics feast as well. Individual blades of grass can be seen on the field along with uniforms that get muddy when playing in the rain.

I am very impressed with the XBOX and I still like my PS2 and my PC so they all get along just fine.

Ignore all those ninnywit Xbox nay-sayers. The PS2 is old potatoes. A console will never replace my box, but I'd get an Xbox. With the most impressive launch lineup I've ever seen, the future looks very bright for the system. True, PS2 does have some damn good games (GTA3, DMC, MGS2), but MGS2 will also be hitting the Xbox... as well as many other great games. And since the Xbox has hands-down more power than its competitors, its definately the way to go. Not convinced? Read the "70 Reasons you need an Xbox" in XBox Magazine Issue 1 (Available at any electronics retailer). LameCube is going to go the way of the dinosaur, and fast. They way they adulturated Zelda and Metroid just make me sick. With none of the cool features of the other systems and a pinsy number of games (And hardly any 3rd party support), it's going to dissapear and quick.

UGH... Am I the ONLY one who is getting tired of all this console bashing? Just pick a console, and go with it. If it dies/you don't like it, tough cookies, go back to your PC/other consoles/both, and sell the sucker for spare computer parts. Let's stop this "that sucks", "no, that sucks", "You suck for buying it" crap.

*goes back into lurkerdom with his copy of MGS2*

*giggles of delight are heard*

Edit: Oh, and check your info again, Scriv. The GameCube has plenty of third party support.

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: XenoZohar ]