FBI Crack Down on Warez

Malkuth

I've read several other posts and I have to say I can understand how the SC feels about E5. I used to work in Radio Shack. We had MASSIVE problems with shoplifters and other people who tried various means to rip us off or to try and get something for nothing. Such as: Stealing Sat TV with bogus cards, Shoplifting, various return scams.

I got sick of it. I really did. I trusted no one. But the comparison to E5 comes when my friends or their parents admited or I found out they did such acts. I was appauled. I wrestled with those feelings for a long time. I knew them long before I found out about these crimes they were commiting (or at least moral crimes), and I needed to accept that and I chose to ignore it.

It didn't matter that they didn't do it at my store, in my shopping center, or even to my company at any point. It was that they did it and it could just as well have been my store. I loved my store. The only reason I left was that I wasn't making enough money to put up with this stuff and I was going to UNLV full time.

But in this case there is something extra to consider. E5 said he did buy the game (I can only assume he did since SC seems to be enacting various anti-piracy protocols.). Therefore, should he not have access to the same support material and information as everyone else, including the forums? Then again, this is a private community, as stated several times in the past, and even in the user agreements. I am sad to see the forums close, even if temorarily. I'm going to talk to a friend and see if we can move these forums over to another site of mine and his, even if just temporarily. I'll keep the ISS fleet informed so you can contact them if such a thing happens as I don't think I'll be able to set things up before monday.

Eihort, Over and out.

My 2 cents once again. (Gotta get rid of these pennies somehow.)

Hmmmm, thats to bad about E5. Wasn't trying to get anybody introuble with my post.

Im just glad The FBI is Cracking down on this stuff. Games are back up to 50 + bucks and its because of Warez.

Man it was so great begging of year into summer picking up games for 39.95. I miss that.

quote:

Originally posted by Eihort:

E5 said he did buy the game (I can only assume he did since SC seems to be enacting various anti-piracy protocols.). Therefore, should he not have access to the same support material and information as everyone else, including the forums?

I didn't ban him because of anything other than him admitting to supporting Warez.

And no, the forum is not some extension of tech support. Its something that I run on my own - and having the game gives no entitlement to the forum. Tech support has a dedicated email address. The downloads page for the patches is open to the public etc etc etc

All I know is, I just wish he had just kept that to himself. I, like a few others I'm sure, were better off not knowing.

quote:

Originally posted by Malkuth:

Hmmmm, thats to bad about E5. Wasn't trying to get anybody introuble with my post.

Im just glad The FBI is Cracking down on this stuff. Games are back up to 50 + bucks and its because of Warez.

Man it was so great begging of year into summer picking up games for 39.95. I miss that.

Exactly. Warez is the #1 reason that the price of games lingers at the $40-$50 range. No other reason.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Exactly. Warez is the #1 reason that the price of games lingers at the $40-$50 range. No other reason.

I buy a lot of software from the pre-owned software section at the local EB. There is plenty of older yet still good games for under 10$, and sometimes there are new released games for under 30$.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You know, the motivation for some these people cracking things is something like "I'm not paying $150 for an operating system!", but in actuality, they are the reason the prices are that high. (M$ doesn't carry all the blame, but having to buy multiple copies for multiple computers is a real pain in the arse) Kind of a catch-22.

Guess what, I have recently placed an order with Chips and Bits Inc., trying to do my part in purchasing legitimate games instead succumbing to the Malaysian culture of purchasing of pirated games. And guess what their answer was:-

quote:

Dear Sir,

I am sorry to report that your order was not accepted at this time. We

are having difficulties shipping items to your country due to an extreme

overflow of credit card fraud and so we have decided to suspend shipping

products to your country.

We are sincerely sorry for any inconvenience.

Chips & Bits

Customer service

Now how the heck can I purchase legitimate goods when they won't even sell it to me.

I'm really begining to HATE hackers as I feel that they are mainly the cause of credit card frauds i.e. hacking into computer databases to obtain credit card information for their own illegitimate usage.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Jeffery Eu:

Guess what, I have recently placed an order with Chips and Bits Inc., trying to do my part in purchasing legitimate games instead succumbing to the Malaysian culture of purchasing of pirated games. And guess what their answer was:-

quote:

Dear Sir,

I am sorry to report that your order was not accepted at this time. We

are having difficulties shipping items to your country due to an extreme

overflow of credit card fraud and so we have decided to suspend shipping

products to your country.

We are sincerely sorry for any inconvenience.

Chips & Bits

Customer service

Now how the heck can I purchase legitimate goods when they won't even sell it to me.

I'm really begining to HATE hackers as I feel that they are mainly the cause of credit card frauds i.e. hacking into computer databases to obtain credit card information for their own illegitimate usage.

Yhat s*cks.. I'm sorry for you...