Game Advertising next step?

Supreme Cmdr

It doesn't surprise me at all. This is a capitalistic society and the goal of any such society by definition is to acquire capital. This goal, by definition, takes precedence over all other notions, including honoring the dead.

This kind of thinking is built into the system and will happen more and more as time goes by.

Completely tasteless and immoral, but from a purly advertising aspect (you have to denounce all sense of conscious to work in the field) its gold. Think about it, theres no way in hell that they will actually go through with this, however merely floating the idea gets the games name in the papers, and entices gamers to check out a game that is twisted enough to attempt to advertise on grave stones. Any publicity is good publicity. From a profitability stand point, there is no way that a billboard on a gravestone would have enough viewers or create enough revenue to be profitable, however, doing so would get the story on CNN for sure, and isn't simply mass awareness the goal of any advertising. Indirect marketing, it genious, but again, I don't think theres anyway they'd go through with it.

[ 03-19-2002, 07:56: Message edited by: goaliejerry ]

Guest Grayfox

execute them... then see if their families would enjoy someone posting an "eat at joes" banner on their tombstone

kinda reminds me of the tombstone pizza commercial..."what do you want on your tombstone"

totally tasteless... accliam can kiss my hairy white arse

Companies can never get enough can they... that is disgusting and shows a total lack of respect for the deceased!

Companies care nothing about people, all they want is your money! They will advertise, call you incesently, play on your emotions, and flat rip you off for MONEY !

Gawd this F@*)ing irks me to no end... I personally will have absolutely nothing to do with them in the future just for mentioning such a sick and twisted idea!